Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, tonight I started getting the following error:

"Outlook Calendar
    The attempt to open the database failed.
    Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize
    OLERR:05-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001"

All other Outlook syncs fail as well. (Tasks, contacts, etc..)

I've tried a soft and hard reset...no luck. I've rebooted my PC and tried w/ Outlook open and closed (another issue....doesn't seem to sync w/ Outlook closed.) I'm running DateBK5 and I've opened both DateBk5 and the default Date Book app in an attempt to fix this.

The ONLY thing I can think of that I did today is add several b-days and contact pics via my camera to the contacts database today. Some of the b-days may have been ones I already had in Outlook, but didn't seem to exist in the Date Book database.

Anyway, any thoughts are appreciated. Gonna give up and go to bed for now.
    I just ran into a similar problem restoring from a backup. I was told and it has been verified that you must shutdown the phone's radio prior to backing up the 650. At least this is true with BackupMan. If you do not, you will get a corrupted CalendarDB-Pdat file. This is the database that the calendar uses to store its information. Perhaps this is what has happened to you.

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, sounds like a corrupt DB too me. SO, how do I fix it now since it appears the backup is corrupt as well (based on having the same issue after hard reset.)
    Are you upgrading from another profile? Have you run the calendar application on the handheld? If so, did it open?
    I had a similar issue with my Outlook sync. To fix it, I launched Outlook from the Start/Run command with the following: "Outlook.exe /reset folders"

I launched Outlook one time that way, and the problem was fixed. It appeared the corruption was on the Outlook side and not the 650 side.

Hope this helps.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the idea, but that did not resolve it.

And yes, the Date Book app did open when I started it. Sorry I wasn't clearer on that.
  7.    #7  
    Well, I ended up creating my own ROM, flashing to it, then reloading everything else from scratch (and forcing PC to overwrite PDA for Contacts, Tasks, etc...)

All is well now.
    When I got the message:

Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize

I also had recently added some camera phone pictures to my outlook and to my phone.

Hard reset did not fix it, reinstalling datebk3 and datebk5 did not fix it. I have erased everything and resynced and I thik that the corrupted file has been put back onto the treo because I did not get the error the FIRST hot sync, but I am not back to getting the error again. I am going to try to unload 1 ore time. Deleate anything in my handspring / treo / palm directory that has to do with the datebook, then tyr resyncing from the desktop to overwrite the palm for the datebook. Wish me luck,
    Scott
    HELP!!! I did a backup and then had to restore (using both BackupMan and BackUpBuddy) and now it won't restore my calendardb-pdat or my memosdb-pmen. I have old backups of these and it never had a problem until just now! I need my calendar and have no hotsync of it (just the backups on the card). HELP!!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Well, tonight I started getting the following error:

"Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001"
    I just started getting the exact same error as you right before I read this thread. I believe that it has something to do with the new contact fields. I have pretty much the same setup as you. I use datebk5 and what I did similar to your situation was I was poking around the new contacts fields and was about to put in someone's birthday in the birthday field. I decided to cancel though thinking that it may create duplicate calendar entries. even though I cancelled the operation, the very next hotsync produced the same errors as yours. I never messed with the contact pictures or anything like that so the birthday field seems to be where the problem lies. all other components sync just like your situation.

I tried all the fixes in this and other threads short of the hard resets that some have tried. I tried deleting calendardb-pdat using filez and it seemed to be locked, so I couldn't delete it. I tried a warm reboot to try to keep the file unlocked, but after doing a warm reboot, filez or uninstall would not launch.

I tried to figure out what was locking the file and I thought that maybe it was the "show calendar events" preference in the phone app that was holding the calendar file open. I unchecked the "show calendar events" from the phone app's general preferences, set hotsync to have the desktop overwrite the handheld and it sync'ed fine!! after I got a fresh copy of the calendar sync'ing ok, I re-checked the "show calendar events" pref and it still works. hope this helps someone...
    -- berto
  11.    #11  
    Sweet.....good job! Bit too late for me though.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Well, it never ceases to amaze me at how un-robust Palm can make a product. My calendar quit syncing today. Everything else syncs fine. I've literally tried everything that has worked and not-worked in every thread I can find. The Palm website is worthless. I'm not even using Outlook, or any third part app. Calendar just absolutely refuses to sync to the Palm desktop, going either way. I'm about ready to go back to my Franklin and pencil.

Once, just once, Palm, could release a product when it's ready?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    While I hate to wake up old threads, I did want to send some thanks out to bertopl for his solution. After also fidgeting with it for an hour and searching P1's useless site, I found that the fix suggested in this thread worked for me. Disabling the calendar display in the Phone apps seems to be key in being able to overwrite corrupt (in P1's view) databases.

Thanks!
    no prob aetherion. glad you got it working again.
    -- berto
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    I just started getting the exact same error as you right before I read this thread. I believe that it has something to do with the new contact fields. I have pretty much the same setup as you. I use datebk5 and what I did similar to your situation was I was poking around the new contacts fields and was about to put in someone's birthday in the birthday field. I decided to cancel though thinking that it may create duplicate calendar entries. even though I cancelled the operation, the very next hotsync produced the same errors as yours. I never messed with the contact pictures or anything like that so the birthday field seems to be where the problem lies. all other components sync just like your situation.

I tried all the fixes in this and other threads short of the hard resets that some have tried. I tried deleting calendardb-pdat using filez and it seemed to be locked, so I couldn't delete it. I tried a warm reboot to try to keep the file unlocked, but after doing a warm reboot, filez or uninstall would not launch.

I tried to figure out what was locking the file and I thought that maybe it was the "show calendar events" preference in the phone app that was holding the calendar file open. I unchecked the "show calendar events" from the phone app's general preferences, set hotsync to have the desktop overwrite the handheld and it sync'ed fine!! after I got a fresh copy of the calendar sync'ing ok, I re-checked the "show calendar events" pref and it still works. hope this helps someone...
    Good find but I think the calendar app is still being opened by the phone app even if you have this option disabled. I routinely have a corrupted calendar database unless I shutdown the radio prior to my backups and I have never had the "show calendar events" enabled in the phone application. So I am suspecting that the phone app is still opening the calendar application. :-(

Jeff
    I just had the same probem and intially disabling the calendar display didnt work. Then did a soft reset and tried syncing again and fixed it

so my steps were:

turn off radio
    disable calendar display in phone app
    set desktop to overwrite handheld
    soft reset
    immediately hotsync before going to any other apps

using outlook sync

Thank god for this forum i was about to do a hard reset when i found this
    Last edited by Duckzeus; 01/24/2005 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    bertopl, thanks for your fix! I've been asking and looking everywhere and you were the first to idenfity the problem. Doing this procedure fixes the problem, but for me it seems to recur after I add or change any events through Agendus. Any ideas on what causes the problem and/or how it can be prevented (besides having to disable the "show calendar events" setting), anyone?
    well, my problem was recurring after my post also, but it still allowed me to delete the corrupted databases which I couldn't do without disabling the phone app's calendar display. what I ended up doing (I use datebk5) is use the trick to delete ALL of my calendar / datebk5 / contacts databases (did contacts too cuz I first ran into the problem messing around with the birthday field, dunno if this is necessary) and made sure copies of these db's were not in my desktop's backup folder. then I uninstalled datebk5 and resynched outlook to the native calendar app / contacts, etc. make SURE that the desktop overwrites the handheld here. after the normal calendar app looked good, I re-installed datebk5 and I haven't had a problem since. I will NEVER mess with the birthday field in contacts again because of all this. what I did may have been overkill, but I just wanted to make sure any problems got squashed. just be careful deleting stuff. I just copied all of the db's to a safe place before I fully deleted them from my desktop / treo and made sure that the desktop data would sync over the Treo's data, good luck!!
    -- berto
    thanks, berto. so you have not had any problems even after creating new events, etc? that is when i seem to run into problems with agendus...
    nope, no other problems whatsoever!! I've never used adendus before so I can't really speak about that. I do know that datebk5 uses the native pim data so it was obvious that I had to fix my native datebook corruption before I could go any further. have been adding new events / appointments / alarms w/o a glitch ever since.
    -- berto
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast