1.    #1  
    After all of the complaints I've seen on this board about the 650, I thought I'd be running into more problems. I absolutely love this phone! I've only used it for 4 days now, but damn! It is awesome!

OK, so it has rebooted twice in the last 4 days. That is a little annoying. Hopefully a ROM update will fix it. And the delay after dialing a # is slightly annoying but I can live with it. Sometimes the device appears to hang when trying to connect and it won't allow you to get out of the current screen. You are forced to wait utnil it is done iwth whatever it is doing.

But other than that, I have no complaints. Email is amazing, web is decent, but faster would be nice. Hot syncing works like a charm, camcorder and camera or OK. I love being able to download books onto my phone.

I haven't installed any 3rd party apps yet, is this where the problems begin? Am I being a little premature on my thoughts?

And another thing, since California has a 30 day return policy, hopefully Cingular will release their phone before the end of the month and I can compare the two side by side. Anyone see any downsides to doing this?

All feedback welcome.

Dave
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I am also on my 2nd week with this baby. I spent a ton of time looking at the PPC6600; still interested in that thing. However, my T650 is working fine and I have lots of apps on it. The thing I like best about the treo is that you can get a bunch of apps to make your phone do or be anything you want. I use Mcpling to quickly jump to apps and VoiceSignal voice dial, KBlightsoff - to turn the keyboard light off at night, Butler for reminders, SMS it working great, PDAnet is fun and works, Battery life is great, press a few keys and it finds my contacts, it looks like a phone and works. I dont even have a memory issue as reported previously.

It does bug me that users need to fix the problems WiFi and DUN when P1 who built the thing and should be addressing this but I am happy for now

So go for it Load the Treo up, you can alway Hard Reset.
    good luck to you.
    Last edited by g.711; 01/07/2005 at 12:58 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    I am also on my 2nd week with this baby. I spent a ton of time looking at the PPC6600; still interested in that thing. However, my T650 is working fine and I have lots of apps on it. The thing I like best about the treo is that you can get a bunch of apps to make your phone do or be anything you want. I use Mcpling to quickly jump to apps and VoiceSignal voice dial, KBlightsoff - to turn the keyboard light off at night, Butler for reminders, SMS it working great, PDAnet is fun and works, Battery life is great, press a few keys and it finds my contacts, it looks like a phone and works. I dont even have a memory issue as reported previously.

It does bug me that users need to fix the problems WiFi and DUN when P1 who built the thing and should be addressing this but I am happy for now

So go for it Load the Treo up, you can alway Hard Reset.
    good luck to you.
    I looked at the 6600 as well, but it seems to big. I love the size of the Treo. I think it is perfect. Glad you are having good luck with 3rd party apps.
    I'm enjohing my Treo 650 as well. It will be my second week soon and I'm already using it like a mini pc.