1.    #1  
    I have been using Hi-Launcher for a while, as I really like its simple and familiar Windows-like method of launching apps. Yesterday I installed Mapopolis Navigator 2.2 on my T650 (along with the T650 patch for making the fonts readable), and I found that it doesn't play nice with Hi-Launcher. Mapopolis hijacks the Phone, On/Off, Mail and Calendar buttons while running, but leaves the Home button untouched to "exit" the program. And indeed...Hi-Launcher nicely pops up when pressing Home. But for some odd reason, any app I select from Hi-Launcher's menu does not actually get activated, Mapopolis stays running in the foreground.

I emailed Mapopolis tech support, but got the obvious reply... must be a problem with Hi-Launcher, as they are using it with some other launchers successfully. Fine, I'm sure Hi-Launcher is partly to blame. But given that this issue happens with Mapopolis ONLY (for me), I think it would be fair to say that Mapopolis' code probably contributes to the problem as well.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this?

Dutchtrumpet... I know you are a Hi-Launcher fan....did you try this with Mapopolis?
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    I have been using Hi-Launcher for a while, as I really like its simple and familiar Windows-like method of launching apps. Yesterday I installed Mapopolis Navigator 2.2 on my T650 (along with the T650 patch for making the fonts readable), and I found that it doesn't play nice with Hi-Launcher. Mapopolis hijacks the Phone, On/Off, Mail and Calendar buttons while running, but leaves the Home button untouched to "exit" the program. And indeed...Hi-Launcher nicely pops up when pressing Home. But for some odd reason, any app I select from Hi-Launcher's menu does not actually get activated, Mapopolis stays running in the foreground.

I emailed Mapopolis tech support, but got the obvious reply... must be a problem with Hi-Launcher, as they are using it with some other launchers successfully. Fine, I'm sure Hi-Launcher is partly to blame. But given that this issue happens with Mapopolis ONLY (for me), I think it would be fair to say that Mapopolis' code probably contributes to the problem as well.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this?

Dutchtrumpet... I know you are a Hi-Launcher fan....did you try this with Mapopolis?

I'm afraid I have not. Maybe gfunk?