Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I mean the software that comes on the CD with the Treo 650.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    What are you referring to regarding the "new Treo software" -- version number?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    To use iSync with any Palm device, you have to have hotsync manager running on the Mac, and then start the hotsync from the Treo. The Hotsync Manager on the Mac will launch iSync when the iSync conduit is run.

Quote Originally Posted by surferboy
    Are you guys using iSync itself to start the sync, or are you initiating the sync from the Treo?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    You can't initate the Palm to Mac sync from iSync; that has to be done by the Palm. When you initiate from iSync, you're just basically syncing the mac Address and iCal data with .mac. At least that is my understanding, anyone else?

With Missing Sync (and I vaguely recall from Hotsync Manager as well), when you Hotsync from PDA, iSync gets kicked on via it's conduit setting.

Quote Originally Posted by surferboy
    Are you guys using iSync itself to start the sync, or are you initiating the sync from the Treo?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    The same is true within Missing Sync.
    I've got the iSync dupe problem, but in my case my 5500+ contacts are now 1100 so the treo just can't handle it. Does anyone know how to get rid of duplicates in Apple's address book, and can someone please post the new Palm Desktop software for the Treo650? I recently moved and can't find my install disk. (It's not on the Palm website either) Thanks! -Vincent
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I have no idea why you are getting these duplicates, I'm using iSync, the Palm Desktop software and the Treo 650 and not getting these. My recommendation is to go into iCal and the Mac Addressbook and remove all duplicates. The in iSync reset all devices with the Mac as the master. Then sync again. This should certainly fix any problem.
    Hi Do you know who to automatically remove duplicates in Apple's Address Book? (my 5500 addresses is now 1100!) Thanks! -Vincent
    Like I said, I got rid of the dupes in the Treo by:

1. FIRST - force .mac to copy your Mac so they are BOTH the same.
    2. iSync from the Treo using the iSync conduit by using HotSync on the Treo.

If these dupes are now in your Address Book you will have to remove them manually first, force the sync with .mac, and then do the Treo sync. .mac has to be involved with the Treo sync or it will not eliminate unwanted addresses.
    Removing 5500 duplicates is not practical for me. I bought undupe and it didn't work. The designer says that too bad....
    I can't figure out what the issue is. UnDupe is a handheld program, it will only remove the dups from the PDA. It will help in removing them from your desktop.

Here are the four scenarios

No Dupes
    -Congrats, get on with life.
    Dupes on PDA not on desktop
    -Force hotsync to Desktop overwrites Handheld
    Dupes on Desktop not on PDA
    -force hotsync to Handheld overwrites Desktop
    Dupes on both
    -Use UnDupe and then force hotsync to Handheld overwrites Desktop

PM me and maybe we can walk through this....

Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Removing 5500 duplicates is not practical for me. I bought undupe and it didn't work. The designer says that too bad....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Why would anyone want 5500 telephone numbers in their PDA? That would be a big phone bill if you tried to call each one only one time a year and chat for 10 min. Let's see 5500x10/12=4583 minutes per month. Or 9166 minutes per month if you talked to everyone only twice. Does Sprint have such a plan? Maybe they would call it the 10 millenium plan!
    Okay, I keep getting duplicates, the items on my phone are replicating onto iCal. I created a new iCal for "items on the palm" device to go to, but I think they may not be going because they came from the other iCals I have like "work" or "home".

Is there a way to delete the datebookDB safely from my palm? This has been a major pain in the a%$.

Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    Well, first thing I'd do in that case is revert to my last sync (undo). Then I'd reset all devices and replace with data on the computer.

Mike
    I was afraid of resetting all my devices, but bit the bullet and it seems to have worked. At least now I have the same sets of events on my 650 and iCal. Thanks! Now I'll have to see what happens when I enter events in each of them.

Does anyone know from experience if I add an event on my Treo and it defaults to say "Work" and I later change it to "home" in iCal. Will I then have 2 of the same event, 1 in each category?

Thanks for the thread again!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12