Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My stylus is loose and comes out of the phone almost too easily. A little tape around the stylus seems to work...any other hints?
    Quote Originally Posted by deer8
    My stylus is loose and comes out of the phone almost too easily. A little tape around the stylus seems to work...any other hints?
    That's very odd- the Treo was the first palm device I've seen that *doesn't* slide out easily. You may want to swap units...
    Slightly bend the stylus.
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane
    Slightly bend the stylus.
    yep
    Mine sticks more then any Palm I've had.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Mine has gotten very loose too! Just wondering today if I might drop out when I was not looking.
    Mine too. I had considered some sort of fix like cellophane tape, but putting a slight bend in the thing hadn't occurred to me. Works like a charm..the amount of bend necessary to tighten it up turned out to be imperceptible to the eye.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Stylus? What stylus? I never use it! I love the Treo 650!
    The same thing happened when i got my new replacement but the unit is working great and i am not replacing it because of a loose stylus. I will try bending mine also

Fred
    It already dropped out of mine several times around the office, car, house ...
    Yikes... Don't know why, but mine is acuatally hard to get out. Guess I'll be happy about that instead of annoyed!
    BTW, has anyone gotten any of the replacement 650 stylii from PalmOne or anywhere else? Sounds like it's time to be proactive.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    yep
    That did it! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    BTW, has anyone gotten any of the replacement 650 stylii from PalmOne or anywhere else? Sounds like it's time to be proactive.

I ordered them when they showed up on the Treocentral site, and they still show out of stock. Not sure what the hold up is.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    great tip about bending loose stylus works fine now.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    I got my pen/stylus pack from P1 three days after ordering.
  17.    #17  
    Would you predict the stylus would snap if bent too far or would it just keep bending?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The bending of the stylus has worked for a long time. I remember doing it on a Palm 5000.
    Got the three in one pen/stylus combo pack from P1. Adds another swiss army knife capability to the treo.
    Bending the stylus is definitely the best way. Thanks for saving me from loosing my stylus. Two Thumbs up!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast