Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Does you hadphne jack worl woth audble on our 650. My 650 keeps playing though speakers even after I plug the headphones in the jack.
    Does you headphone jack wokl with audble on our 650. My 650 keeps playing through speakers even after I plug the headphones in the jack.
    Does you headphone jack wokl with audble on our 650. My 650 keeps playing through speakers even after I plug the headphones in the jack
    My friend had this same problem on his 600. When using Audible and his Sony MDR-NC11 Fontopia Noise Canceling Headphones it plays through the speakers.
    Personally, my headphones work fine with my 650 when using Audible.
    I discovered a quirky little thing when using the combination of Audible, Voice Dial and the stereo plug converter. With my T3, I listened to Audible books in my car using a cassette tape adapter (with a stereo plug). That was great. I tried this with my 650. I had the Voice Dial program installed. While listening to an Audible book through the cassette adaptor using the converter, the Voice Dial program would initiate, as if I had held down the side button. This phenomenon does not occur when I'm using headsets, however. Anyone else have this rather unique quirk?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have had a number of problems with the Audible software on the 650 including soft resets when the 650 turns "on" and the same problem with Voice Dial starting on its own and kept asking for the command to call. I uninstalled Voice Dial and that fixed that problem but the soft resets are still there.
    The playing out the speaker thing might just be the same thing as the 600 had.

If so, you need to use an adapter that puts a little resistance or impedance on the line which mimics the impedance a set or stereo headphones would cause. This is what the treo (at least the 600 used to require this) uses to detect whether you have a mic + one-ear headset for phone use or a two-ear headset for mp3/audio use. When it thinks there is a microphone plugged in, then it sends non-phone audio out to the speaker rather than try to fry a microphone.

Direct car stereos and other devices with line or aux audio inputs do not often have any impedance like a set or earphone speakers do, and so the treo thinks you have a microphone/headset plugged in.

The fix is as simple as this $5 radio shack part:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=42-2559

Or this Seidio part:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...RSOVTR650%2DSL

Just plug one or the other in-line between the Treo and the Stereo line-in and set the volume dial to max.

The Seidio has an couple advantages in that it has a switch & a button and a mic to let you easily switch to phone mode while it stays plugged in, and one end of the seidio is the 2.5mm plug that fits directly into the Treo, which reduces the number of connectors and adapters needed to get from treo to car stereo. It was exactly 2 items total in my case including the seidio.

However... I'm not sure if the 650's really still need this. The 600's no-question need this for almost all amplifiers and other audio components that have line level or aux inputs. I have found that MY 650 at least with MY car stereo, does not need any adapter. A direct cable works fine. It's the same car stereo that the 600 definitely needed the adapter with.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Problem Defined - P1 Patched BlueTooth and Audible -
    Soft resets when "pairing occurs" with the BT in my Lexus and an Audible book has been paused and the 650 is turned off. Has anyone observed this problem and/or found a resolution?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Right but when I browse the audible site it looks like I can download mp3 versions of the books. It also marks the mp3 versions as "best" quality. I assume these will play with any mp3 player. Is there a benefit to using the audible format with thier player?
    You can't actually download Audible books in MP3 format. You can burn CDs in MP3 format from the proprietary formats that you get from Audible. I considered doing this once, and found that it took a bunch of CDs to get one book's worth.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123