1.    #1  
    Anyone having and issue with using the HBH 660 ear hook. If I use it the angled speaker hits just behind the ear canal opening. Its basically right at the edge of my ear, its no wonder it is not loud to everyone compared to the scala. Is this the way it sits on everyone elses ear. I dont think my ear is deformed , heck the scala fits perfectly over the opening of your ear.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman
    Anyone having and issue with using the HBH 660 ear hook. If I use it the angled speaker hits just behind the ear canal opening. Its basically right at the edge of my ear, its no wonder it is not loud to everyone compared to the scala. Is this the way it sits on everyone elses ear. I dont think my ear is deformed , heck the scala fits perfectly over the opening of your ear.
    Yes the pivot point for the ear hook is to far forward for some, including myself. I think All they needed was a bendable ear hook for self adjustment.

Ear gels work for some people, sticks to far out for me and if i take the earhook off all together does not feel very secure.

Comparing it with the Scala 500 sitting speaker to speaker right next to it, the earhook sits approx 1/2 inch fwd. With the Scala the speaker sits directly over my ear canal and it comes a bendle ear hook for self adjustment
  3.    #3  
    This problem stinks, I tried the scala and the HBH. While the scala is louder the HBH is alot more clear and less static. I give up. One is loud enough but has more static and doesnt sound as good. the other sounds better and has almost no static but isnt loud enough. PALM please fix this problem
    I think it is designed to work like this. The earpiece lodges against the back of your ear with the speaker tilted so it points at your ear canal...
    Last edited by ksmith80209; 01/07/2005 at 03:54 PM.
  5.    #5  
    ksmith i think you are right i had my wife and my daughter try the hbh and it hits their ears in the same spot. why didnt they just make this thing so it sits over your ear canal. if i take the earpiece off and just hold it there it works great. Otherwise the volume is way too low.
    Last edited by gregnauman; 01/07/2005 at 04:49 PM.