1.    #1  
    I read this over at engadget.com (who for the record is giving AWESOME CES coverage) and just pasted the link to the actual release:

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/1/emw194144.htm

Looks like it would be perfect for the Treo: no GPS Receiver to mess with, keep charged, etc.

This plus TomTom could be a slick solution!!!!

Jay
    We got the iGolf SDIO receiver for the 650 coming in stock early next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    We got the iGolf SDIO receiver for the 650 coming in stock early next week.
    Nothing for the 600?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I just used the iGolf receiver and Mapopolis for a two week driving vacation in New England. It rocks! I have a suction cup holder that I bought at Radio Shack for $10, and the car charger. I place the holder on the windshield of my trusty XC90, plug in the power, and away I go. It is a very slick combo. Adding memory on the receiver is the only thing that would make this perfect. I really like the fact that I have only the one cord.

By the way, I had this receiver when I had my T600, and it never really worked. Once I tried it with my 650, it worked perfectly.
    Doug
    I like the idea of the iGolf, but it's too expensive for me. I need it to get in the same range as the GPS mice (~$100).
    Since the 650 already has bluetooth (and we won't go into the issue of how much usable memory it has without it's SD card ) - wouldn't it make much more sense to aim for the Treo 600 market with this thing?

With the 650 you should be able to pair to a bluetooth GPS module and still have your mandatory SD card for storing your programs and maps. ...Unless pairing to such a device is crippled on the 650 like DUN (wouldn't surprise me).

I've found that although having the Treo as a GPS would be neat in theory, in practice my GPS would be at the mercy of incoming (and outgoing) calls. I got enough going on in my car, thank you very much. This is one function that is technically cool, but I'd rather have in a dedicated or at least separate device. Personally I use an HP 2215 paired with a Socket BT receiver, with Destinator software. Works o.k.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.