1.    #1  
    Anyone out there know anything about the Treo 650 launch with Rogers in Canada? Or whether the GSM launch in the US with Cingular (or other carrier) will provide phones for purchase that are not "locked" to the Cingular network and can be used with the Rogers network in Canada?

Thanks
    Right now nobody knows anything really about when the GSM will be available period. Some say mid/late this month, some say February, and others are now saying it's delayed till March.

As for it being available through Rogers who knows. If it goes like the 600 did when it launched you might be waiting till the Spring or Summer, although I think there's at least the possibility that given that P1 now has a relationship with Rogers we may not have to wait so long to see 650's in a Rogers store and it could be soon after the Cingular release.

Finally you can always just buy an unlocked 650 and pop in your Rogers sim card. Unlocked 650's should be available from PalmOne directly, or you could try a vendor like http://www.expansys.ca/

Hope that helps, although really I've told you nothing and you still have no idea when this phone will be available to you for purchase. Try calling Rogers and see if anyone there knows anything. (I was going to do this, but I'm waiting till P1 announces the GSM officially so I can refer to it properly when I talk with Rogers.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I spoke to a number of people about this at rogers and they all said the same thing. That is, they do not know nor have ANY information in regards to this. I did not expect them to but thought i would ask while i was on the phone with them dealing with another matter.

I already got approved to go ahead and order the device with a full out purchase if i like for my Christmas bonus but because the GSM model is not out yet, I am Treo-less as well as getting really impatient too.
    I just went into a Rogers store and guy I spoke with said his best guess was March availability through Rogers... certianly not before then he said and hopefully not too long after March, but nothing definite. So I have nothing to report really.
    I hope they fix the memory, bluetooth, voice quality, and unexpected resets bugs before releasing the GSM 650. For the time being, I am happy with my unlocked 600.
    Question:

i know that the GSM models will be offered through the US PalmOne first, and that it may take a long time (as projected, maybe spring) for it to be offered through a carrier such as rogers for example. If i buy an unlocked one from the US PalmOne, what about warranty issues. For example, what if i get a lemon (knock on wood), who would i ship it back to for warranty as well as would the response be as prompt as let's say i get it through rogers?
    Quote Originally Posted by AznTriniBwoy
    Question:

i know that the GSM models will be offered through the US PalmOne first, and that it may take a long time (as projected, maybe spring) for it to be offered through a carrier such as rogers for example. If i buy an unlocked one from the US PalmOne, what about warranty issues. For example, what if i get a lemon (knock on wood), who would i ship it back to for warranty as well as would the response be as prompt as let's say i get it through rogers?
    I don't know, but it's my biggest concern also. I do know that until the 650 is sold by Rogers they won't officially support it if you have problems configuring it to make a data connection. My experience is that the Rogers CSRs will try to help but if they run into any snags they'll fall back on "we don't officially support that phone blah blah blah..." I don't think this would be too much of an issue though because between the help you could get through a Rogers CSR and the community here should solve any solvable issues.

I plan on phoning P1 once they officially start selling the GSM 650 and asking them how the warrenty issue will work. I also plan on trying Rogers one more time once it's official to see if at that time they have any more info about when the 650 will be available through them.
    well please keep us all posted as i am really itching to use my Christmas bonus on this device.....

if it does in fact take too long, i am thinking of picking up the T600 from rogers right now for $624.99 with no term.

Hmmmmmmm....what if i pick up the T600 NOW and then when the T650 is offered, is there a option that i can take to trade in my phone and pay the difference to get the T650?

Kinda like a car.....trade in and upgrade

i wonder if this can be done...i should call rogers on this one....i really want to play with something now