1.    #1  
    In the last 3 days, my phone app has started crashing on incoming calls. I get 1 ring and then the 650 resets. I disable EVERYTHING and it still resets. I then do a hard reset, restore my backup and all is fine again????

When I do a ##377 I get:

reset cause by the Phone application
    DataMgr.c Line:7415, Invalid UniqueID passed

What the heck??

Is anyone else seeing this error?

Jeff
    I had a similar problem when using a ringtone manager. I had the Palm Prefs app and the ringtone manager pointing to the same ringtone. I switched Prefs to something else and it resolved the issue.
    I have the Palm treo 650 from cingular. I get the same error on incoming calls. A reset was caused on 7/29/05 at 9:36 pm while running “Phone”: datamgr.c,Line:7564, Invalid uniqueID passed (phone was replaced with phone .

I called cingular and the rep was told to replace phones. I received a replacement and error is still happening. Called cingular again, they are sending another replacement. Cingular might say that they are unaware of the problem but they are otherwise why send a new phone out. This will be my second replacement, I hope this phone works
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Youlunda
    I have the Palm treo 650 from cingular. I get the same error on incoming calls. A reset was caused on 7/29/05 at 9:36 pm while running “Phone”: datamgr.c,Line:7564, Invalid uniqueID passed (phone was replaced with phone .

I called cingular and the rep was told to replace phones. I received a replacement and error is still happening. Called cingular again, they are sending another replacement. Cingular might say that they are unaware of the problem but they are otherwise why send a new phone out. This will be my second replacement, I hope this phone works
    Personally, I think it is a waste of time replacing a phone for this behavior. This problem is more than likely tied to one of the following:

1) A corrupted contact database
    2) 3rd party software that is not running right on the 650.

Does this problem still happen if you do a hard reset and load *nothing* else on the phone?

I would be glad to help if I can. Please give me a list of the applications you have installed on your Treo and their version numbers.

Jeff
    I have had this same problem. Mostly, it was caused by LightWav. Unfortunately, I have had to delete it from memory. Since I purchased it, I will keep trying it after every code update from Toysoft. I am using Sprint/CDMA, I initially thought it was the network causing the problems.

Brian
    I had exactly same problem for days. i isolated it down to Verichat - once i removed this i (touch wood) have hadno further resets for a couple of weeks.

Most likely a 3rd party conflict - or something that keeps making a data connection with ure network

;-))
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    same problem. all of a sudden too. i stopped using lightwav (isolated by disabling it a) and the problem magicall stopped. using all latest versions too.
    so now im trying ringo pro and it seems to be working great. miss the disconnect tone though
    I started having this problem yesterday after installing VC (no offense Jeff) and then all of my mailboxes in Chatter were suddenly corrupted. I uninstalled VC, reset the connections on the Chatter mailboxes and now...no more resets. Not sure what was up, but when I did a ##377, I got the same kind of phone app error too. Problem resolved for the meantime I guess...but I did like having the extra volume for the brief time that I had it.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    a few of my (butler) users were having this problem. It went away when they stopped using ringo pro

-as for replacing the phone - that's just barking!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    I started having this problem yesterday after installing VC (no offense Jeff) and then all of my mailboxes in Chatter were suddenly corrupted. I uninstalled VC, reset the connections on the Chatter mailboxes and now...no more resets. Not sure what was up, but when I did a ##377, I got the same kind of phone app error too. Problem resolved for the meantime I guess...but I did like having the extra volume for the brief time that I had it.
    I can't see how VC was involved with corrupting Catter.

What VC release are you running? The newest is v4.08.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    a few of my (butler) users were having this problem. It went away when they stopped using ringo pro

-as for replacing the phone - that's just barking!
    I am using ProfileCare (PC) v.3.03, VolumeCare (VC) v.4.08, Butler v.3.13, and Ringo Pro v.4.32 without this problem or any other problems ever since I updated the firmware to the newest version. By the way, I am using an unlocked GSM unit.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Same thing happened to me two weeks ago. I previously had no major problems and I had to go monkey around with it (no offense Insertion; actually, I think with that new nasty Avatar, there's no offending you).

Anyway, I loaded Ringo Pro and I had the same exact problem you describe. I even uninstalled Ringo and disabled VC (the last two apps I loaded)... same problem. I did a hard reset, cleared the voicemail icon and restored all my stuff... except Ringo. No problems since.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I was having this problem a few weeks ago. Cingular sent me a new pone and the same thing was happening. I basically used my partners' T600 and hard reset it and synced it as me and than did a Hard reset and beemed all of my contacts and notes calander events and favorites. Deleted my Hotsync profile and synced my rebeemed info as myself and now all is fine.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I had the same thing start happening yesterday (seems weird how within the last couple weeks, a bunch of people have this weird issue) anyway, I first deleted butler (no fix) then I deleted ringo pro (that seemed to do the trick). My only question is what happened and why now? All appear to be cingular phones.

any ideas?

rob
    I had the same problems, actually it was when I was using my BT headset. I would recieve a call and it would reset. Also when recieving text or voice messages it would reset. My problem was Ringo Pro. I downloaded the new version of Ringo Pro and have not rec'd any resets. I also got a replacement phone. I hope this solved the problem I was having.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    I had the same problems, actually it was when I was using my BT headset. I would recieve a call and it would reset. Also when recieving text or voice messages it would reset. My problem was Ringo Pro. I downloaded the new version of Ringo Pro and have not rec'd any resets. I also got a replacement phone. I hope this solved the problem I was having.
    What version of ringo pro are you using?
    V4.4 beta.. It has been working great so far..