Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by julio12; 01/05/2005 at 09:35 PM.
    third thread about NOTHING. This is turning into the seinfeld forum. Yes there will be a gsm 650. End of news flash.
    Found this rebate coupon on Amazon for Cingular (good until the 31st of Jan) that is good for both the 600/650? Hmm...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    oh yeah...FYI there's a great search tool here. (snippy aren't ? )
    julio12,

Thx for the update but be careful about reposts here as we got some boys that can't handle a repost and have to resort to sarcasm and criticism. You'd think they own the place!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=68388

LOL, LOL, LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    julio12,

Thx for the update but be careful about reposts here as we got some boys that can't handle a repost and have to resort to sarcasm and criticism. You'd think they own the place!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=68388

LOL, LOL, LOL!
    Your saying "resort to sarcasm" implies it as some sort of last ditch tool when nothing else will work. I for one jump immediately to sarcasm whenever possible

By the way searching before posting is included in the forum use guidelines

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64440
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm missing something...but okay, some need the world capability of GSM...some people like a particular carrier...but is there anything more to people waiting for GSM than that? Does anyone believe that it will be less "buggy" than the CDMA version???

(sorry if this seems like a silly question, but I'm really curious?)
    Sooner or later it's bound to be later...
    dutchtrumpet,

Get a life...Total Posts: 1,653 (4.31 posts per day).
    wow...who's "resorting" now. I see you're going to be a positive addition to the forum. yes I enjoy posting here. my treo is a great work tool and an awesome toy and through the community here I have a lot of fun getting the most out of it. "get a life"...surely you're better than that.
    I have enjoyed reading your posts. Keep it up trumpet!!
    thanks...this is a fun place (even with a few people that need to loosen up)
    I had been glued to this forum since Mid October waiting for news on the GMS version of the Treo 650. Finally, I resorted to the SX66 after being Palm loyal for the past 5 years. I am glad to say that thanks to Palm's disregard for us GSM users I have now discovered that Pocket PC is as good as Palm OS if not better.

Just for your consideration here is what I like about the Cingular SX66

-Memory 128mb compared to 32 on the Treo
    -WiFi built in ready to go no card required
    -400Mhz processor, faster than Treo
    -Screen size is much larger than Treo, perfect for watching movies
    -My SX66 was unlocked as I used a sim card while traveling in Mexico from Telcel the local GSM carrier there and it worked great.

The only thing lacking is a camera which I was willing to do without.

I did have to buy some new apps in Pocket PC that I already had for my Treo 600: pocket quicken, Act Link, EReader pro, Pocket DVD and World Mate. All my e-books that I had in Palm also worked in EReader pro for Pocket PC so that was a big relief. I also bought Microsoft Voice Comand, which now I can't do without.

Now that I bit the bullet and bought the new software I will most likely not be going back to Palm OS. I want to thank P1 for making the decision easy.
    Here is what I dont like about the sx66....you look like a total dork holding that thing to your head when you make a phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Latin Traveler
    Now that I bit the bullet and bought the new software I will most likely not be going back to Palm OS. I want to thank P1 for making the decision easy.
    WHAT! Don't you know we should be GRATEFUL that PalmOne was graceful enough to bless us the 650?! You are an insane whiner!

Heheh just kidding!

I have been contemplaing getting the SX66 on the side and make a slow transition from my 650, I just have had very, very bad experiences with PocketPCs in the past, including the iPaq in my drawer. I'm one of those who thinks the PocketPC ui was designed by the same mental patient who made Windows, and I really dislike ActiveSync, but in light of the mess that the 650 has been I am thinking the sx66 might be the lesser of two evils so to speak, and I would gain the ability to use Skype, among other things.
    So, my question to you is, how happy are you with the voice quality and phone interface? Do you need a stylus to pull up a contact as with previous versions?

BTW I saw screenies from the new PocketPC OS and it looks frighteningly good. The 650 may well be my last Palm unless PalmOne performs some kind of miracle...
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    Here is what I dont like about the sx66....you look like a total dork holding that thing to your head when you make a phone call.
    Well, the sx66 comes with Bluetooth... 1.2 at that, so there is little need to actually hold it up to your ear if you have a BT earpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm2004
    Maybe I'm missing something...but okay, some need the world capability of GSM...some people like a particular carrier...but is there anything more to people waiting for GSM than that? Does anyone believe that it will be less "buggy" than the CDMA version???

(sorry if this seems like a silly question, but I'm really curious?)
    Yes, it is strange that Palm seem to have neglected a potential Treo650 market of 1billion + GSM subscribers versus a mere 147million CDMA users in North America, China, Korea and a few outcrops.

Anyway, the reasons I like GSM are:
    It gives a degree of freedom (network freedom = $ freedom)
    I like a phone that works in more places than just between my home and the corner shop ie. I travel.
    Battery life (possibly better with GSM)
    GSM Treo can be hacked (to unlock). Whether the 650 can, I don't know yet.

Actually, quite funny on my tour of Greece - some Sprint users brought their phones with them from the US - and tried to use them

Will the GSM version be less 'buggy'? Who knows... this IS a Treo we are talking about but for me, the trade-off for the bugs is possibly the best convergence device out there.
    Last edited by nzmoko; 01/06/2005 at 01:30 AM.
    www.gsmworld.com
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Your saying "resort to sarcasm" implies it as some sort of last ditch tool when nothing else will work. I for one jump immediately to sarcasm whenever possible

By the way searching before posting is included in the forum use guidelines

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=64440
    I guess having something in your mouth all the time (whether it's a trumpet or not we'll never truly know) makes you snippy. My apologies for not following the rules to a 'T'. Ever not come to a complete stop for a stop sign? I figured. Have a good life, if that's what you call it.
    "something in my mouth all the time"...

hmmm...is thay a gay joke? I guess I must be gay.
    by the way...my smiley and winkey were there to let you know I was just giving you some friendly ribbing. What a cry baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by julio12
    I guess having something in your mouth all the time (whether it's a trumpet or not we'll never truly know) makes you snippy. .
    I am not following the "in the mouth" joke. please explain.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast