Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    most likely the reference was to fellatio
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    most likely the reference was to fellatio

uhhhh.....why? What is the original point of reference? Why make that comment?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    read the last 5 or so posts
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I am a professional trumpet player. I think it's a jr. high school type joke comparing the oral association of playing a wind instrument with "not having sexual relations". Pretty lame. The trumpet doesn't even go in one's mouth.
    Does anyone feel like staying on topic? Or we could rename this thread to "childish sniping, sometimes funny, often not." Wow now I've joined in on the off topic sniping.

I don't suppose anyone lucky enough to at CES has visited the P1 booth and has any new information about when we might finally be able to purchase a GSM 650? Anyone?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I am a professional trumpet player. I think it's a jr. high school type joke comparing the oral association of playing a wind instrument with "not having sexual relations". Pretty lame. The trumpet doesn't even go in one's mouth.

This was the part I was missing. I didn't know of that "joke"... Thanks for the clarification.

I was wondering if we were going to hear something in reference to the dog in the picture.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    I was wondering if we were going to hear something in reference to the dog in the picture.
    I don't think the dog can play trumpet very well at all.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Does anyone feel like staying on topic? Or we could rename this thread to "childish sniping, sometimes funny, often not." Wow now I've joined in on the off topic sniping.

I don't suppose anyone lucky enough to at CES has visited the P1 booth and has any new information about when we might finally be able to purchase a GSM 650? Anyone?
    nope.

This is already a none topic thread touting the non-news arrival of a picture of a gsm phone. Yipeeeee...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    I don't think the dog can play trumpet very well at all.
    Actually it looks like he/she is driving? Or just a passenger? Does he/she own a Treo 650? Can he/she use it even though he/she has no thumbs?

ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    my question to you is, how happy are you with the voice quality and phone interface? Do you need a stylus to pull up a contact as with previous versions?

BTW I saw screenies from the new PocketPC OS and it looks frighteningly good. The 650 may well be my last Palm unless PalmOne performs some kind of miracle...

I am able to look up contacts without the sylus. Click on the contacts button, then use the 5 way nav to scroll to the contact I want. I have 400 contacts and its no problem. When holding down the nav up or down it scrolls one by one for the first 2 to 3 seconds and then it scrolls much faster showing you a big "A" and then a big "B" and so forth till you get to the first letter of the name for the contact you are looking for. It took 12 seconds from the time I clicked the contacts button to the time it dialed the number of a "Larsen".

What I sugest is getting Microsoft's Voice Comand, because then I just hit one button and say "Call Mike Larsen at Home", The phone confirms the name and I say "Correct" and then it dials. I never have to look at the phone nor take it our of my belt clip. Just use the included mike/ear piece/stereo headset.

I used the BT Jabra 250 head set and I can tell you its worthless. Terrible sound quality. Much better to just use the included wired head set. I may try some other BT headset down the road, but I don't really see the need.
    Sorry to get off topic, but I am wondering if the SX or other PPC devices have email support that would allow for a push-type email? I have the Blackberry 7290 and am waiting for the GSM 650 because I have read through the forum here and it seems that the 650 can provide that kind of email access. If the SX has the capability of providing that kind of email support, then maybe it's worth it. My only other hold-up with teh SX is having to slide the keyboard out to access it. I like that on my Blackberry (and on the 650 when/if I get it) I can type in a fairly discreet fashion while in meetings.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12