1.    #1  
    Given the memory limitation on the 650, can someone develop an app that will *automatically* delete all the files Treo creates when you open an app, i.e. bgcache, midicache, multimail files .... etc. All these files are created by palm app when the corresponding application is opened. Having such an automated app will free at least 2mb.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Given the memory limitation on the 650, can someone develop an app that will *automatically* delete all the files Treo creates when you open an app, i.e. bgcache, midicache, multimail files .... etc. All these files are created by palm app when the corresponding application is opened. Having such an automated app will free at least 2mb.
    Are these files really needed? Are the names of the files consistent? If you give me a list, I will give you a program that nukes the files on every launch.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    That would be cool... I don't use VersaMail or the Calendar (hide 'em with LauncherX, actually) and would love to have checkboxes to delete any and all of these "default" prefs and old caches from the built-in apps. Every kb helps!
  4.    #4  
    jeffgibson,
    I would like to have the following files delted after every hotsync or when the app you are going to write is launched. These files total over 1mb on my device the logic behind having them deleted is also stated.
    • MultiMail_Disconnected.PDB (versamail creates this file after every get/send transaction, if the get/send does not go well the file is corrupted and you versamail fails in future get/send if this file is not manually deleted)

• AddressDB.PDB (this file is a duplicate of the Pdat.PDB file that palm contacts use. the xxxDB.PDB is used by 3rd party programs such as datebk5, well i do not use datebk5)

• DatebookDB.PDB (this file is a duplicate of the Pdat.PDB file that palm cal use. the xxxDB.PDB is used by 3rd party programs such as datebk5, well i do not use datebk5)

Can your app look at the files on the treo and enable users to check which ones they would like deleted after hotsync and at every launch. There are more files that TReo can do without, the list above is one for the files that take the most space, smaller files could also be deleted.

Other readers, please understand that deleting the wrong file could wipe your contacts or cal clean so if/when this app is available use at YOUR own risk.
    Treoing & Loving it
  5.    #5  
    any luck with this
    Treoing & Loving it
    I have the same issue, when is this app going to be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Sanchez
    I have the same issue, when is this app going to be available?
    Have been swamped with the beta program with ScheduleCare. Will probably be a week before I can get started on this one.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Have been swamped with the beta program with ScheduleCare. Will probably be a week before I can get started on this one.

Jeff
    While you are at it, what is needed quite a bit is a "resource manager" app that reports what is running and how much memory it is being used much like the "processes" tab in my windows task manager. It has become evident that some apps don't completely "turn off" even when you think they have and are still draining the battery.
    BTW, is this something that would help? It's called MemHack
    Description:
    This application provides Read-Only VFS support for almost all applications.
    Every time an application is launched, it looks in /Palm/Launcher/MemHack/appname/ (where appname is the application's name) and copies any files in that directory into memory. When the application finishes, it deletes any databases it may have copied, or that were already there but are also in that directory.

Use your SD card or Memory Stick to store large databases for applications without native VFS support
  10.    #10  
    I cannot seem to figure this out, I installed it & did a soft reset the files discussed here came back and I had to manually delete them
    Treoing & Loving it