Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Looks like the same guy that was around a few weeks ago with a different login...


    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
  2. #2  
    Yup, hasn't sold anything since June.
  3. #3  
    Too good to be true... probably is.
  4. #4  
    That scam artist is such a scumbag. He keeps hijacking ebay accounts. I want to know why it's so easy for him to do this, why ebay isn't able to stop this type of thing. The Internet used to be cool and now it sucks!
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  5. #5  
    I put in a complaint. I urge similarly concerned parties to do the same.
  6. #6  
    I don't trust ebay anymore after I got screwed. This person had 34 positive feedback & was a member of squaretrade. squaretrade doesn't guarantee anything nor do you haVE to be legit to belong to it!
  7. #7  
    Booboo - "The Internet used to be cool and now it sucks!" ?? A bit hasty, passing judgement on the ENTIRE Internet because of one dork from Australia, isn't it?
  8. #8  
    Treoneo,
    The problem is the scum steal ebay accounts of people with good feedback. I had mine stolen at one time. They immediately listed a bunch of Macs and stuff for sale. At the time I was able to quickly get the account back by logging in with Passport (they had changed my regular ebay password) and taking the account back.

    eBay was informed and didn't really do much following up on the situation. I am positive that the password was stolen as an inside job at eBay or through a hole in their security system. They, of course, would admit to neither.

    Think about it though...one customer service rep can make a nice income stealing a few accounts that haven't been used in a while that have decent feedback.

    Boobookins,
    It's not the internet that's bad...it's an increasinly large number of people that care of nothing but themselves.
  9. #9  
    Do you guys think this "too good to be true" item is also a fraud or hijack? it just looks fishy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    Do you guys think this "too good to be true" item is also a fraud or hijack? it just looks fishy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    Uh, yah. Here's the hint...

    "PLEASE CONTACT ME AT anul2005@aol.com BECAUSE THE E-MAIL ADRESS THAT I HAVE ON FILE WITH eBay IS NOT WORKING"

    Riiiiiiiiight.
  11. #11  
    i never thought about that-someone hijacking the account. hmmm. it sucks because ebay doen't do much for fraud at all. there is SO much red tape & fine print...
  12. #12  
    I emailed him and let him know I could only pay via Western Union. I love screwing with Ebay hijackers. I offered $300. Here's his email. queenmonaco@aol.com

    Quote Originally Posted by webtoker
    Looks like the same guy that was around a few weeks ago with a different login...


    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    Booboo - "The Internet used to be cool and now it sucks!" ?? A bit hasty, passing judgement on the ENTIRE Internet because of one dork from Australia, isn't it?
    Well, obviously the Internet is still an amazing thing overall - and you're correct I was being a bit hasty - but I do frustrated, and it's not just this ebay dork. There's pop-ups, adware, spyware, virsuses, spam, and that's on top of scams, phishers, identity theft. Some days (and maybe I'm just having a bad day,) it gets to me.

    On the other hand I can book a flight, book a hotel, shop for a new phone, look up tutorials on writing Midlets, find a recipe for pie, and stumble upon a great community like the one here at Treocentral. Phew I feel better now.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  14. #14  
    This same guy (or someone just like him) was doing this 6 months ago when I was looking to buy my 600. He was reusing most of the same text and pictures in each "auction", and following the same pattern of stealing a good feedback account that hadn't had any action in months.

    For about a week, every day I would find 1 or 2 of his Treo 600 "sales", report him to ebay, write a warning email to the real owner of the account, and send him taunting and mocking emails from my hotmail account.

    Fun until I got bored- for the first few I led him on like I was interested, after a few days I would just send emails telling him he was busted and what a loser he was.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I emailed him and let him know I could only pay via Western Union. I love screwing with Ebay hijackers. I offered $300. Here's his email. queenmonaco@aol.com

    CHECK THIS OUT... This fool can not even spell...
    Also why does he list seller is in SAN DIEGO ? Never knew San Diego was in Aussie? >> Stupid *** fools, with too much time on there hands, and love to HURT others and have fun... <<

    Here:
    Is a Attachment!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. #16  
    There are way too many scamsters on Ebay these days and Ebay does not care . FYI 98% of all the designer goods sold on Ebay are fakes that are misrepresented as the real deal. Its only a matter of time before Ebay gets hit with a load of lawsuits.
  17. #17  
    I have gathered that most designer items on ebay are fakes. I paid $250 for one! Now when I go on ebay, it makes me sick that sooo many people get away with selling fake items to people without clearly advertising it. All this positive feedback too! How can ebay let people do this?! Yolanda Tutaya is one of them. She is "dieselspecialist" on ebay. I am very sceptical of ebay now. And I think ebay themselves don't care. They let people get away with so much! I'm crossing my fingers that my credit card company will chargeback my money. But there is a lot of red tape there too. It's exrremely disheartening & angering...
  18. #18  
    After reading all of these posts, I really feel lucky...
    I bought my treo 650 off Ebay. I was looking for the lowest price. Being somewhat new to the Ebay scene, I probably would not have caught the signs of fraud. I did get mine for 529, and was skeptical about how he could sell it so cheap (I'm already a sprint customer so no rebate there). All in all, I got my phone, and it did have some problems. I'v posted this before... Took it to sprint and they exchanged it. One thing I remember though is that I contacted the seller through the Ebay link, and not an email account posted in the ad.
    I hope the potential buyers can catch these signs before they shell out the dough for nothing.
  19. #19  
    I looked at that ebayer's sales. I hope you didn't buy one of those fugly jackets. That would be ugly whether it's real or fake!

    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I have gathered that most designer items on ebay are fakes. I paid $250 for one! Now when I go on ebay, it makes me sick that sooo many people get away with selling fake items to people without clearly advertising it. All this positive feedback too! How can ebay let people do this?! Yolanda Tutaya is one of them. She is "dieselspecialist" on ebay. I am very sceptical of ebay now. And I think ebay themselves don't care. They let people get away with so much! I'm crossing my fingers that my credit card company will chargeback my money. But there is a lot of red tape there too. It's exrremely disheartening & angering...

Posting Permissions