1.    #1  
    hey guyz, i wanna ask if i could use msn messenger on my treo 600 if i get the internet frm t-mobile...i mean it is possible...and if it is...plz direct me to the site whr i can get msn messenger...and do u guyz think its worth gettin internet for my treo600...if anyone has it here...can u tell wht all stuff u can do wth it........ ?!?.......thanks guyz..b safe
    There are several options, but I suggest Verichat from http://www.pdaapps.com.
  3. dpk
    Sure, it's possible. VeriChat will allow you to access MSN, Yahoo!, AIM, and I think one other network. Works great on the Treo 600. You don't have to have the program active to receive IMs -- it'll pop them up over whatever you're running (if you want). Quite a slick little app. The only downside is the yearly subscription, but I've found it to be worthwhile.

Regarding getting Internet on your Treo 600... I'm not sure what to say. The whole reason I bought the Treo 600 (other than getting a great deal through Sprint at the time) was for Internet access.
  4.    #4  
    hey bro, this might b a stupid question, but wht is verichat... ?!?...gve me sme info bro...thanks
  5.    #5  
    hey bro dpk, will i need a sd card to dnwload the verichat...and will it make a difference if, i get a sd 250mb...lesser or higher...any diff. in performance ?
  6. dpk
    You won't need an SD card to use VeriChat. It works over the cellular connection. You can find it at pdaapps.com as mentioned by Druce MacFarlane. It's real easy to use.

The only downside is while it is active, it does task your battery a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpk
    The only downside is while it is active, it does task your battery a bit.
    One more downside...the recurring annual fee for Verichat.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo
    Links on the above page are all dead. Paulo has now developped a free web based version of messenger. Url is http://mob.e-messenger.net. Works great, but you must be logged on through your browser, but hey its free, so its a good deal.

ZR
  10. dpk
    Quote Originally Posted by eEditor
    One more downside...the recurring annual fee for Verichat.
    Heh. Looking back on my posts, I said two only downsides, one that the other the battery life. Guess I was too positive yesterday. Now that I'm back to my usual cynical self, yeah, there are two large downsides. But it is a nice easy way to send files to people, too. It hooks in to apps that let you send files normally via email, so you can send 'em direct (or as direct as Verichat's proxies get).
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Um, not wanting to be paranoid but how does one know that Paulo is keeping a list of every hotmail account and password entered via his site? I mean, I'm sure he isn't but it doesn't seem a very secure setup.

- Dave
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Sorry, I meant how does one know he is _not_ keeping a list?