1.    #1  
    My 650 will sync but will not charge through the usb cable...and the travel charger works ok...any advice would be apprciated....thanks.

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbell
    My 650 will sync but will not charge through the usb cable...and the travel charger works ok...any advice would be apprciated....thanks.

cj
    Do you have the power cord plugged in? The included usb cable won't charge unless the power cord is plugged into it.
  3.    #3  
    ...I've had it and have been using it for a week and I swear it has been chargingwith the usb/sync cable without the power cord...either this thing has the best battery life on the planet or it just stopped charging...am i crazy?

cj
    Are you talking about the included cable?
  5.    #5  
    yes...to be honest I have not charged it (or so I thought) with anything but the included usb cable for the past week...I have used it all week and I had 99% battery life this morning...

I accidentally deleted two applications this morning from the application delete program...named 00026 and 00027... as I did not know what they were...came home to sync it to my outlook and noticed that there was no charging taking place...sorry for the long story, but this seems strange...
    The cable included charges very slowly. When plugged in the Treo does not indicate charging is in progress.
    With an aftermarket cable my Treo 650 charges quicly over the usb connection and the Treo indicates it is charging. I got this cable for $12.99 on ebay (including shipping).
  7.    #7  
    do you have the name or model number of the aftermarket usb cable? And you don't use additional, separate charger with the aftermarket usb cable? Thanks.

cj
    I bought this usb cable on ebay:

ebay cable

I don't use any AC charger, just this cable. Treocentral sells similar cables that claim to charge over the usb port just like the one I have.
    I bought a couple from the Treocentral store, and they both work great. The retractable feature is worth the extra $.
    The retractable one doesn't have the sync button, though, so you have to go into the hotsync app on your treo and initiate the sync.