1. RJR
    (sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't see it in a search)

I have hundreds of Contacts in my T650, yet when I get a call from one of them, the phone displays the call as coming from and "Unknown Caller." I have verified that the number displayed as the call comes in is EXACTLY the same as I have stored in Contacts, but it's not recognized. The only exception is when I get a call from home or from my wife, then it displays properly. Is this because they are in my phone's Favorites Page? I hope not, as that will limit the number of people that the phone recognizes as they call (after all, isn't one of the sales pitches that you can get a call from a contact and it will display a picture, etc., if one is set up in Contacts?)

Thanks

RJ
    You might have looked for this, but the phone # in your contacts must contain the area code also.
  3. RJR
    Thanks, yes, I'm sure that my contacts are full of numbers including area codes. I live in the Washington, DC area and even local calls here are 10-digit numbers.
    heres the link if it is still needed it has to do with ringo. Link: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=63278 just update ringo by going to Menu->Help->About ringo: check for updates
    Last edited by josephaoliva; 02/26/2005 at 04:34 PM. Reason: adding info
    Don't know about the Treo, but with GSM phones (and CDMA no doubt) if you have the same number assigned to two or more people, the caller id naturally does not work (for those people only).

Is this the problem by any chance?
    Isn't Unknown Caller usually a telco caller ID issue ?? I know that when some of my contacts call me from a line which has it's number blocked, it comes through as Private Caller, Unknown Caller, or Restricted. Usually, if the Treo can not associate the tel number to one in your Contacts folder, it will at the very least, display the number that is calling you.

Chance are that all of your contacts are not blocking thier numbers in CID, but none the less ..... I am on an unlocked GSM using T-Mo.

Just a thought.
    Thanks,

np
    Quote Originally Posted by John Phillips
    Don't know about the Treo, but with GSM phones (and CDMA no doubt) if you have the same number assigned to two or more people, the caller id naturally does not work (for those people only).

Is this the problem by any chance?
    I believe I get the first Contacts entry of that number on the caller ID if the number is assigned twice. E.g., if Carl Dean and Kelly Harrison have the same number, the caller ID shows Carl Dean when Kelly calls. Mine's an unlocked GSM.