1.    #1  
    When I try to receive messages from my 650 from my adelphia email account, the treo shuts down. when i try to send email out, i get a message saying 550 relaying mail is not allowed. has anyone experienced this and what do i do????
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    My Versamail is doing the exact same thing but with accounts with different providers.
    --Dave

Palm Pro (3 of'em)
    Handspring Visor Deluxe (2 of'em)
    Handspring Prism (2 of'em)
    Handspring Treo 300 (2 of'em)
    Palm Treo 650 (1 of'em and fingers are crossed)
    for the outgoing send problem you might check to see if your smtp setting is correct. you should be using the Sprint smpt and not the smtp from your pop account provider.
    Quote Originally Posted by treolawyer
    for the outgoing send problem you might check to see if your smtp setting is correct. you should be using the Sprint smpt and not the smtp from your pop account provider.
    My Treo just power cycles.. And does not let me into Versamail period... Tried to check what line is causing the error, can't get any information..
    I have been using my Earthlink, and not the SMTP from Sprint...
    Does that make any difference? If so how can I change the settings since I can not load Versamail when I tap the icon...??? THANKS!
    Do a search on Versamail. There have been some recent threads on how to deal with this. Basically, you need to delete all the files on the 650 and start over...
    Visor Deluxe/Visor Platinum/Visor Phone/Treo 180/Treo 270/Treo 300/Treo 650
    Here is the thread on which files to delete...

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I had this problem too. Luckily I fixed it. I don't have my treo instruction manual with me right now so I can't say exactly how, but look in the book about error codes or something like that, even though I wasn't getting an errror code, I tried that anyways and it worked. On the main phone screen you dial a code and then press dial. It then takes a few minutes to do something or other and when it is done try versamail again. It worked for me. As you can tell, I am just saying this from what I can barely recall from memory. I didn't have to delete anything from my treo. I hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I figured this out on my own last night. I did searches here but for some reason I never found the solution. Oh well I pretty much did what the link had and it worked. I think my problem came from VersaMail trying to sync with a large inbox on my work e-mail. Even though the default is to pull messages from the last 7 days it tried to pull in ~170 e-mails. I disabled the sync with my PC and everything appears to be working. I was a Snapper user but dropped it because of memory concerns. If VersaMail is as bad as what I've read here I may go back.
    --Dave

Palm Pro (3 of'em)
    Handspring Visor Deluxe (2 of'em)
    Handspring Prism (2 of'em)
    Handspring Treo 300 (2 of'em)
    Palm Treo 650 (1 of'em and fingers are crossed)