Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Strange. Activesync has been working great for me for e-mail...but it seems to only sync calendar items one-way (From Exchange Server to Treo).

Calendar items I create on the Treo (or edit after syncing down from Exchange Server), do NOT sync back up to Exchange Server.

This is VERY, VERY bad. Does anyone else see this behavior?
  2.    #2  
    Apparently, the forum owners don't care about this issue, and it is a HUGE issue.

Clearly, the Exchange Activesync functionality of the Treo 650 does NOT work reliably.

Unfortunately, this is pretty much a deal breaker in a corporate deployment.

I have REPEATEDLY experienced a failure of the builtin Calendar to sync items UP to the Exchange Server. Ultimately, I am forced to delete all data from the device calendar and reload data from the Exchange Server. This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE.

Everytime this happens, I lose APPOINTMENTS! And they can't really be re-created, because you can't be sure which ones you've lost!?!?!?!?

I have sought help here, on PalmOne, and on Sprint-specific forums and there appears to be no answer. I cannot find any reliable way to link up with other users who are depending on the Exchange Activesync functionality of this device to troubleshoot and gauge the extent of these problems.

I will have a viable solution to this problem tomorrow, or the device is returned (it's not under some consumer contract) and I will share my experience far and wide.

The situation is ABSURD.

Crossposting to my other thread as a caution to any other would-be corporate implementers: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post520151
    I had exactly the same trouble with my Activesync - it started out working brilliantly, and then I noticed that it wasn't UPloading messages. Two days later it began failing to connect, and then got so bad that it was rebooting every time I touched Versamail. I was also unable to get help from PalmOne. I ended up hard rebooting, deleting the activesync account, hard booting again, and going to Sprint's Business Connection for my e-mail.

This is totally unacceptable - the e-mail software is clearly not finished yet and rendered my Treo useless for days. And I'm still missing the appointments that I didn't know were gone, like you.

I'm only monitoring these forums to see if they issue a patch - until then, as far as I'm concerned, ActiveSync is not available on a Treo. My IT folks concur, and we're not recommending it at a corporate level.

(Note - we use Activesync successfully with PPC - This is a TREO problem.)
    Quote Originally Posted by shlaes
    I had exactly the same trouble with my Activesync - it started out working brilliantly, and then I noticed that it wasn't UPloading messages. Two days later it began failing to connect, and then got so bad that it was rebooting every time I touched Versamail. I was also unable to get help from PalmOne. I ended up hard rebooting, deleting the activesync account, hard booting again, and going to Sprint's Business Connection for my e-mail.

This is totally unacceptable - the e-mail software is clearly not finished yet and rendered my Treo useless for days. And I'm still missing the appointments that I didn't know were gone, like you.

I'm only monitoring these forums to see if they issue a patch - until then, as far as I'm concerned, ActiveSync is not available on a Treo. My IT folks concur, and we're not recommending it at a corporate level.

(Note - we use Activesync successfully with PPC - This is a TREO problem.)
    Sounds like a palm problem. But I like how you pit the lonely Treo against all of the PPCs. That says something about the treo, does it not?

Isn't ActiveSync a Microsoft product? How did you get this working on your treo?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Sounds like a palm problem. But I like how you pit the lonely Treo against all of the PPCs. That says something about the treo, does it not?

Isn't ActiveSync a Microsoft product? How did you get this working on your treo?
    The issue is that there are essentially 3 elements of the problem:

The device (Treo 650)
    The network (Sprint)
    The server (Microsoft Exchange Server)

The Treo 650 is the first non-PPC licensed Exchange Activesync device marketed, apparently. That makes it special--and targeted to corporate accounts, theoretically.

Sprint claims to support the Activesync functionality

Microsoft claims it works properly (in its limited fashion--gotta keep something back for PPCs).

So, in essence, this situation DOES indeed "say something about the treo[sic]"...unfortunately, it says something terribly, terribly BAD about it.

Those of us actually attempting to use the device as advertised over the network it is sold to use to connect to the server it claims to support--are finding that IT DOES NOT WORK.
    Well arguably, this issue could also be blamed on the ActiveSync software. If the treo receives the information, but the exchange server does not update your calendar, it would seem to be a server side issue.

From the looks of it, there's not alot of information on setting up this active sync software. Where do I get documentation for palm from?

Also, there would see to be more than 3 elements to this problem

1. The Versamail Client and/or Calendar app.
    2. The Sprint Network
    3. The Activesync plugin
    4. The Exchange Server 2003 settings.
    I'm experiencing not only the calendar issue, but also the same issue sending outgoing mail. Although outbound mail does ultimately get delivered through ActiveSync, the Treo errors out, and I have to manually delete the outbound mail from Versamail. So it looks like ActiveSync, Sprint and Exchange 2003 are doing their jobs and perhaps the Treo isn't. Anyone else seen this behavior?
    Any traction on this? Anything? It worked great starting out. I had to hard-boot after getting a corrupt versamail database (per Palmone KB's instruction), and since then, nothing works. Don't know if there's a cause/effect there, however.

Calendar only syncs down to device. Nothing upstream from device to server.

Have the posters above given up?
    Is this issue limited only to Versamail? can I get chatter, snapper, or something else and have the synch work both ways? I've had our IT guys working for weeks on getting my 650 versamail to communicate with our server (they're not exactly the most brilliant IT staff), but it sounds like once they finally figure it out I'm not going to be happy.
    I also have the same problem with the e-mail. I just can't download all the message into my Treo. Althought there may be 40 e-mails in the server. Only a small number can be downloaded to the Treo. It did not generate any error. It just did not load the message to the Treo. Sometime the loading screen show all the message has been loaded into the Treo, but when the downlaod is complete. Only few messages did show up in the inbox. Sometime, you even seen the download termiante in the middle of the download and return to the inbox. I am really upset as I switch from XDA II to Treo because of it has the activesync feature. I need that for my business use everyday.
    Noticed a splash on the Treocentral pages saying there's a firmware upgrade on the way. It includes a new version of Versamail - my fingers are crossed! It's at:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/562-1.htm

If anyone gets it, please reply to this thread with results. Thanks
    I am having this same exact issue now with Versamail and activesync failing to UPLOAD new calendar entries MADE IN THE TREO 650 calendar to my EXCHANGE SERVER calendar. Downloading calendar entries from the exchange server to my Treo 650 works just fine.

Can someone who is using activesync with the Treo 650 please confirm that this is NOT a problem on their device. I am certain that I was able to do this before (and I know the Versamail user manual says it should work), but I just want to be sure.

Thanks...
    It does work. It should. It did for me earlier, and now it does not. I can't tell you whether it is a server or device problem, but my device has been acting up. However, to answer your question, yes, the functionality is there and should work.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I've spent hours trying to get this to work. The weird thing is that a few weeks ago I had appointments going "upstream" to the exchamge server fine. Then lately nothing gets uploaded. This is so frustrating. There has to be an answer to this! With all the other problems the Treo has I would bet that it is were the problem is.
    Based on the fact that everyone seems to be having this problem currently, I'm guessing this has something to do with Sprint's network - something on the network is keeping Versamail from uploading calendar entries. I'm not sure what Sprint could have done to impact this, but I'm hoping that the rumored firmware update will upgrade Versamail to resolve this and many other issues.
  16.    #16  
    As I have repeatedly said here and elsewhere: No one appears to know what it is that causes the issue or how to resolve it.

But what is really sad, is that while people seem to have an inordinately vast amount of spare time to post to stupid topics, relevant specific topics go unaddressed:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=76027

In this thread, I asked any/all Sprint users to JUST call Sprint support and get passed through to Tier 2 based on the issue, and find out what they say.

NO ONE bothered to post, so I assume no one bothered to call. Sad, really, really sad.

Course, it is no worse than the forum owners here REFUSING to provide a specific forum for Versamail ActiveSync issues. After all, why would we want to aggregate the issues in one spot for everyone to see?
    Barky,

I understand your frustration. The bottom line is that until someone posts a message and says they have a Sprint 650 and are CURRENTLY able to upload calendar entries from their 650 to their exchange account (everyone seems to have been able to do it in the past), there is no other explanation then to believe this is a Sprint network/server issue.

I have spoken with T1 and T2 support at Sprint in the past. The frustration in speaking with those folks leads me to draw conclusions based on the evidence I see on this board, rather than initiating another conversation with them. What you heard from the Sprint rep makes some sense. I just hope it's resolved in the near future.

If it isn't fixed or we don't get a ROM update soon, then I'll certainly initiate a call to Sprint.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Barky,

...until someone posts a message and says they have a Sprint 650 and are CURRENTLY able to upload calendar entries from their 650 to their exchange account...
    Actually, I CAN upload *today*. But it's a "come and go" issue. Eventually, it will start failing again. And then, either by design or repeated spontaneous resets, my account data will get deleted, and I will have to re-re-re-create my Exchange ActiveSync account on the Treo. Then it will work GREAT for 1 to N days, after which, it will screw up again.

Do me a favor, delete YOUR activesync account (it should tell you it has to delete the calendar data too). Then re-create it and see what happens...including testing calendar up-syncing...

Thanks for your sympathy, but you don't have enough information.
    Barky - Thanks for the additional information. You were the first person I've heard say that the upload was CURRENTLY working for you. I deleted my activesync account and recreated it. Now my calendar entries are being uploaded to the server.

Based on this, I'm not sure what the issue is. I still hope the rumored release of a firmware update will include a Versamail upgrade that resolves this issue. Again, I've spoken with T1 and T2 support at Sprint in the past and they are less than helpful on issues such as these, so my plan of action as mentioned in my post above still holds for now.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    So strange. Today everything seems to work fine. I entered appointments on my Treo, which WERE uploaded to the exchange server, then even showed up at home in Entourage (Mac version of Outlook in case someone is not familiar).

I didn't change anything from yesterday, but I get to work today and for some reason try it again and it works. I'm sure that tomorrow will be different.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast