1.    #1  
    Don't know if anyone else has seen this but since I added Chatter to my GSM Treo 600, my device resets when an instant message arrives for Verichat if I have Chatter running at the same time. Is this a known issue? If I had to choose, btw, Chatter wins hands down and I'll remove Verichat -- can they both just get along?

Thanks
    e
    I don't know of any conflicts between them, but it's possible. Is anyone else here using VeriChat?

Marc

p.s. I'd try Causerie for IM...
    I'm running both with no problems. On GSM. Do you have the latest versions of VeriChat & Chatter?
    Is it a crash or a hang? mine hangs every once in a while when I get Verichat SMS/IMs (I do NOT have Chatter installed). by hang I mean the 5-way or the touchscreen don't do anything - tho I've noticed lately that I can switch to another app using a hard button and not have to do a reset (phew!)...
    I have Verichat 2.52b and Chatter 1.0b17.3b on a Sprint T650 with no problems.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  6.    #6  
    I do have latest of both installed (and I will try out Causerie, Marc!)

At first I thought it was just happening when I used the SMS-based always-on capability of Verichat (ie, that it was just caused when an SMS Type-0 came into the device). I switched over to the data-based always-on, though, and the same thing occurs.

When the message comes in the Treo resets, then the wireless connection automatically resets. Its not for all incoming messages but I havent detected a pattern for specific types or services.

The only relevance here, of course, is that all this started only when I added Chatter to the system. Its a small price to pay for Chatter, I think, but one I would like to solve.

Thanks for all your help and ideas!
    -e
    ejaz - I don't know that it would reveal anything, but maybe you could make a log...

Marc
  8.    #8  
    I'll forward it to you next time it happens.
    -e
    I spoke too soon. I had a crash yesterday when receiving a Verichat message. Thanks for putting the jinx on me . If I can duplicate the issue, I will make a log and send to Marc.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I have had issues with verichat reseting my 650 and even making my status light remain on changing the color to amber. I was running it off of sd card using powerun but I moved verichat to the internal ram and haven't had an issue since.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.