Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For some reason the phone does not want to hotsync with my computer. I am able to exchange files between the treo and the computer without a problem. I checked the connection on the treo, here are the setting on the connections tab on the treo
    Connect to ---> PC
    Via-------> Bluetooth
    Device name----- My PC

when I try to hotsyc from the treo thru bluetooth the computer gives me a balloon popup -----> Bluetooh connection sucessful ........
    The treo stays on the "connecting with desktop using bluetooth hotsyc" screen.
    Then I get a connection timeout error on the treo.

I have a Win XP SP2, and TrendNet bluetooth adaptor. Any suggestions?
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!
    I has a similiar problem with my Linksys USBBT100. Because of the way Windows XP SP2 handles bluetooth, the right drivers were not installed and so my treo/USBBT100 kept timing out.

Here is the solution for the linksys adapter, might be the same for yours: Using the USBBT100 with Windows XP Service Pack 2
    I have XP SP2 and am able to sync via bluetooth. I did it the first couple of time after setting up bluetooth sync, but the novelty wore off really quickly because how much longer it takes than via USB.

This is something I don't understand: granted USB 2.0 has much better bandwidth, but still it shouldn't take that long to transfer the miniscule amount of data I have on the Treo.
    I got a bluetooth thing for my laptop. I followed the instructions to the letter. Guess what? I can't get it to work. It is probably my fault. But, you know, This should be much easier. I can't make this my life mission or my hobby. I want the product to work with minimal setup, right out of the box.
    Using Missing Sync (Mac), I configured various 'profiles' for my wife. I can sync as much or as little as I want. I do the 'Backup' profile regularly and use 'Install' to load more stuff (usually to the SD card given the paltry memory of the 650). A full sync only once a week. So overall, the BT speed becomes less of an issue for us.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejung
    I have XP SP2 and am able to sync via bluetooth. I did it the first couple of time after setting up bluetooth sync, but the novelty wore off really quickly because how much longer it takes than via USB.

This is something I don't understand: granted USB 2.0 has much better bandwidth, but still it shouldn't take that long to transfer the miniscule amount of data I have on the Treo.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks I will try that meloveu. I will also check with my Laptop that has a built in bluetooh card.
  7.    #7  
    Sorry guys it was a user error, I did not read the ballon popup that says "To deny Ignore this popup" I had to click on it to allow it. As a tech I choose to ignore all windows warning screens.
    But thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    To get BT hotsync to work, you have to:

1. Pair the PC with the Treo 650.
    2. Set up the Virtual Serial Port on the PC
    3. Go to properties of the Device on your PC and "authorize" the use of the virtual serial port by the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by meloveu
    I has a similiar problem with my Linksys USBBT100. Because of the way Windows XP SP2 handles bluetooth, the right drivers were not installed and so my treo/USBBT100 kept timing out.

Here is the solution for the linksys adapter, might be the same for yours: Using the USBBT100 with Windows XP Service Pack 2
    You're a gentleman and a scholar! I had no problems setting up my linksys USBBT100 and performing a bt hotsync however the installation of the linksys software ended up being totally different that the Linksys owner's manual details and instructions. This link definitley made things right!
    Thanks again!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    To get BT hotsync to work, you have to:

1. Pair the PC with the Treo 650.
    2. Set up the Virtual Serial Port on the PC
    3. Go to properties of the Device on your PC and "authorize" the use of the virtual serial port by the Treo 650.
    How can I create the Vitual Serial Port? I've searched the internet but couldn't find any information. Thanks.
    What is your BT source? Built into your pc or a USB adapter attached?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by unclejung
    Ditto. I cant see using this method to hotsyncing as your main method.

I had to install blueooth twice (external usb), but got it to work. boy is that slow.

I set it up on my laptop while waiting for a cable.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drawing_blanks
    How can I create the Vitual Serial Port? I've searched the internet but couldn't find any information. Thanks.
    On my computer (Dell with builtin BT) I click on My Device under the Bluetooth icons, and one of the services is Bluetooth Serial Port. Set that up if you can find it. The BT Serial Port is a virtual serial port. Good luck.
    I have an IBM R40 which does not have built-in BT. I just got the USB bluetooth adapter. After installing the software, I see the BT icon in the system tray. However, when I right click on it, it says no BT device detected.
    What one did you get??
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by elbombillo2
    For some reason the phone does not want to hotsync with my computer. I have a Win XP SP2, and TrendNet bluetooth adaptor. Any suggestions?
    I Have Win2000 Pro and the Linksys Bluetooth USB adapter it configured in less than a Min. and works great (Set-up as virtual serial port). The office I am in is in the middle of a 150' long building and I can hot-sync from anywhere in the building...
    I have an IBM R40 which does not have built-in BT. I just got the USB bluetooth adapter. After installing the software, I see the BT icon in the system tray. However, when I right click on it, it says no BT device detected.
    Which operating system are you using? I have had no troubles with my USBBT100 with Windows XP SP2 (since doing the fix in post 2).
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    You're a gentleman and a scholar! I had no problems setting up my linksys USBBT100 and performing a bt hotsync however the installation of the linksys software ended up being totally different that the Linksys owner's manual details and instructions. This link definitley made things right!
    Thanks again!
    No problem. I love this device. And it works flawlessly with the Treo. Blue Files is great for moving things off of the card via Bluetooth. Anyways, glad I could help.
    I got the same one and had the same problem. Follow the instructions here and you will be good to go!
    http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...dDEwMA**&p_li=
    By the way the answer to this problem was resolved by "meloveu" at the top of this thread!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast