Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    I stand corrected. It wasn't PalmOne that was demoing a GSM Treo 650 at CES, it was Cingular! No dates yet, though.

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Ci...reo_650_at_CES
    Where in that article does it say cingular was demoing it? I do not see that.
    It's 30 point BOLD TYPE at the top of the page! (Well, maybe 20 point )

It looks exactly like this :
    Cingular Demoing Treo 650 at CES

By Ed Hardy | Editor-in-Chief
    Jan 6, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Where in that article does it say cingular was demoing it? I do not see that.
    I said "In the article". I saw no reporting of a cingular "demo" or demonstration within the article. Just a reference the engadget pic of one with a cingular splash screen. I saw a cingular branded (cingular printed on phone) 650 at the dallas roadshow months ago. Just commenting on the lack of specificity.
    Oh! As Emily Litella used to say: Never Mind! (You know who she is, don't you?)
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I said "In the article". I saw no reporting of a cingular "demo" or demonstration within the article. Just a reference the engadget pic of one with a cingular splash screen. I saw a cingular branded (cingular printed on phone) 650 at the dallas roadshow months ago. Just commenting on the lack of specificity.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd

snl

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Has anyone noticed that in the photo of the 650 Engadget took at CES, that the slogan is old? How old is "Cingular, Fits You Best"? Now it is "Raising the Bar"... Just an observation.
    Last edited by Daddyof3; 01/06/2005 at 08:31 PM.
    Yes, to be perfectly honest I have doubts that the picture was even taken at CES. Why on earth would they be using this in front of the press when they weren't announcing anything?

One dumb website posts the picture then two other, each with increasing wrong taglines.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyof3
    Has anyone noticed that in the photo of the 650 Engadget took at CES, that the slogan is old? How old is "Cingular, Fits You Best"? Now it is "Raising the Bar"... Just an observation.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    If you go to engadget and download the .JPG of the Treo650 showing Cingular, can you look at the JPG header information.
    Does anyone think this was faked too? It was taken on 1/4/2005 at 9:24pm with a Fuji FinePix S5100...
    What I find interesting about the picture is that it was cropped down in size but kept all the header info.
    -- Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    Dan thanks for the unbiased and informative answer; it is much appreciated.
    Interesting so there's no guarantee all treo 650 features could be accessible overseas.
    ahhhhh well, well

Good luck trying to find a sim card that supports all of those features overseas while I open my laptop at a wifi hotspot or wired hi speed network.

I do have to carry the laptop everywhere I go (I also need the recording studio portability)
    If GSM guaranteed i'd be able to mirror and use all features East to West, West to East (for those of us on opposite sides of the world) then I'd probably go with a provider with gsm.
    BTW I'm having fun with my treo RIGHT NOW; NO WAIT!!!!
    Um yes, in every area I mentioned I am covered with all those services. Cingular dropped roaming in Europe to $1.29 a minute, no service fee. Cheap enough to use and get every feature in almost every country.

I just read something on another thread that would be the major Sprint deal breaker.

Is it true Spinters cannot use Vision and surf the internet and get a call? I am not saying this but, read that it is impossible with CDMA.
    Last edited by cglaguna; 01/07/2005 at 01:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa8Claws
    If you go to engadget and download the .JPG of the Treo650 showing Cingular, can you look at the JPG header information.
    Does anyone think this was faked too? It was taken on 1/4/2005 at 9:24pm with a Fuji FinePix S5100...
    What I find interesting about the picture is that it was cropped down in size but kept all the header info.
    -- Steve
    No I don't think it is a fake, and Daddyof3 no I don't think the slogan is wrong, I know it is old, not the new "raising the bar", but still I stick by what I said.
    Dan Harkless, your avatar is just precious. Who does your hair?

You look so mysterious...
    I Am Changing To T650 On Cingular And Loved Pdanet On Sprint Can I Expect About The Same
    Could Not Find Much Searching Through The Discussions
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Am I the only one who hates it when people resurrect old threads for questions like this? Just start a new thread aand let the dead lie in peace!

It was in memory of nearing a one year anniversary!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUCEDEVAUX
    I Am Changing To T650 On Cingular And Loved Pdanet On Sprint Can I Expect About The Same
    Could Not Find Much Searching Through The Discussions
    Thanks
    I have not used PDANet on Sprint. I am very pleased with it on Cingular/EDGE. Reports suggest it may be slightly slower on Cingular but it beats the hell out of dial.
    Buh. I'm still just pissed PDANet won't work on Macs.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345