Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So where is the call duration in the call log of the Treo 650? It was on my 600, and has mysteriously disappeared from the 650. Any clues/ ideas/ suggestions?
    If you install one of the custom splash screen mods discussed in the thread below, you will get call duration back.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66781
    I had it on the 600 & the 650 for a time until a hard reset. It is a simple prc file that I can't locate. Why it wouldn't be on the ROM is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I had it on the 600 & the 650 for a time until a hard reset. It is a simple prc file that I can't locate. Why it wouldn't be on the ROM is beyond me.
    The link in the post above yours is full of different options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    You were thinking of the Phone_LOGO.prc, which does work on the 650.

Here it is:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    You were thinking of the Phone_LOGO.prc, which does work on the 650.

Here it is:
    Use caution, even though Phone_Logo will "work" on the 650, you do do get the duration, you will also LOOSE your ## functions and the phone may appear defective to 90% of the people unless they know about it.

There is a re-done version that works with the 650, I link it if I find it. Stewie started the thread I think, it's a fairly good sized post/thread too, look in the 650 forum.
    Regards, Matt

EDIT: it's linked in the post about 4 up.
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 01/05/2005 at 10:49 PM.
    i downloaded the thread and your right, my ## function doesnt work any more please advise im new to this and am now panicking
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    i downloaded the thread and your right, my ## function doesnt work any more please advise im new to this and am now panicking
    OK, take your beating first..
    Duh...of course you will loose the ## functions. I don't know any other way to make it clear.

Now that the beating is over, and I admit I may have done the same if I was in your shoes we'll get to the fix

Just download an app like fileZ, then delete the Phone_Logo PRC and then all should be well.

let us know if that does not work. you may have to do a soft reset after for it to take effect?

Good luck o curious one
    Regards, Matt

Edit: PM me if you need info about FileZ, since you say your new you may not know about it.
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 01/06/2005 at 09:59 PM.
    Simply delete the file using a file browser. FileZ is a good one and is free. You can find it at Palmgear.com. Go to this URL:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=9992
    thanks so much it worked like a charm. so are you saying that ther is no way to have call duration minutes work and the ## function!
    thanks so much it worked like a charm. so are you saying that ther is no way to have call duration minutes work and the ## function!
    Yes, read the posts above, there is a 650 version that works like a champ.
    No, it certainly can be done -- it's just a much bigger file. Use any one of the splashscreens found here:

http://shadowmite.com/p-f.html

These all give duration and allow for the ## screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    Simply delete the file using a file browser. FileZ is a good one and is free. You can find it at Palmgear.com. Go to this URL:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=1&prodID=9992
    Hey Curtis, you think it would help future people if you edited your post and removed the file or put a disclaimer on it really big and bold? It seems they may get to your post, see the app and stop reading and just download it and assume all will be good?
    Just thinking out loud....

BTW, your not in Texas are ya? First thing that came to miind was ID...LOL
    If you go to this webpage and download file Original_Plus.prc (under Original Sprint Overlay+Options) and install it onto your Treo, you will get call duration back and have your ## codes intact. Nothing else will be affected.

Any of the other dialer patches on that page will also give you call duration and ## codes, but they will change your phone on/off splash screens to the ones shown in the pictures.

If you install one of these, you can at any time revert to the original condition of your phone (original Sprint splash screens and NO call duration) by deleting the RAM version of file Phone_SPCS.
    thanks guys just dowloaded it works fine .its hard being a novice you guys are great and this board is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks guys just dowloaded it works fine .its hard being a novice you guys are great and this board is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now were talk'n. Goodnews. I agree, this board is pretty darn keen! keep hanging out here and you will not be a novice long.

regards
    What does the cross hair with the red line signify?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    What does the cross hair with the red line signify?
    Means: Illegal use of MEdia Works $19.95 plan, you are in Cingular's crosshairs.
    what the heck are ## functions?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Means: Illegal use of MEdia Works $19.95 plan, you are in Cingular's crosshairs.
    Well....duh!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast