Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MVT you must be using a GSM 650. I got the same annoying icon above my dialpad after loading the custom splash as well. Someone told me it was a"Sprint thing". Does your "1" button have an envelope on it now as well? Makes me wonder if these custom splash screens are compatible with the GSM version. Anyone know?
    Nope. 1 has the reel to reel logo.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Okay, I'm a newbie/novice here and I need some assistance (I just bought my Treo 650 this past weekend). I came upon this thread thanks to the following user: sxtg (whom replied to my thread that I recently posted concerning the same topic - http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=113713 ). I too am looking for a way to view the call duration information. So with that said, it appears that I can load a modified 'splash screen' in order to gain that functionality. Here's my dilemma: I don't know a .prc from a can of paint so any guidance or assistance on defining what a .prc file is would be greatly appreciated. Also how do I load a .prc file onto my Treo 650? Do I need to backup the original splash screen .prc file before loading this modified version?

In addition to the above, what is the # # functionality and how do I use it?

Thank you for all of your help, guidance, assistance, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

A .prc is an application for palm. If you have loaded the desktop software on your pc then all you have to do is download the .prc and then double click it, it will load on your treo when you hotsync. You don't need to back up the original as it is in ROM and will not be modified.

## is a prefix you dial along with a code in order to see system properties like ##377 will show you what caused your last soft reset.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update! Sorry for the redundancy in posts/replies. Now...since you've mentioned it.... where do I get a list of ## codes and their usage (other than the example you listed above)?
    Ok, weird stuff, I used to have that Crosshair but it's gone now... I saw that someone else had it and went to check my phone, and it's gone... I did just install the Select Network file... Anyone know why that's gone now? I also have the reel to reel Voicemail Icon on my #1...
    Could someone tell me which file i need for Cingualar Treos? Shadowmites site is for Sprint phones, correct?
    2 questions:

1) Where does the call log display call totals?

2) Where does the E911 button show up if that is enabled?
    Ok, weird stuff, I used to have that Crosshair but it's gone now... I saw that someone else had it and went to check my phone, and it's gone... I did just install the Select Network file... Anyone know why that's gone now? I also have the reel to reel Voicemail Icon on my #1...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12