Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    we shall wait and see-----

rj
    would be nice but my bet is no. remember this date comes from one person's info from a sprint CSR. That's right...ONE person. Search around and you'll see everyone posts something like "supposed to be the 5th" or "people are saying the 5th" and vague comments like that. There was only ONE original poster that heard first hand the date of the 5th. Also keep in mind the dubious source of a sprint csr.

I want an update as much as the next treo freak but don't expect anything today. Of course there will be complaints about palmone missing a deadline that was only a rumor.

That being said...I hope I'm wrong
    Actually the BIG news would be if a CSR actually knew something, understood it, and then truefully and accuratly reported it!

If so we need a new TC front page headline!
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito

1/21/at Dan's cellular
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I wish they would offer a non international "cheap" version of the cradle. I don't need all that other cr*p and don't really like paying $50 for the whole shebang.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    At the moment nobody needs all that crap. The only device to use it with wont work around the globe.
    spoke to bb today they said what we already knew, they are scheduled to get the t650 for cingular, but they do not have it yet. they said also according to their papers the release date was 11-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    why would one need this if you cannot use the 650 outside the US yet?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    why would one need this if you cannot use the 650 outside the US yet?
    O.k., let me re-phrase:

The 650 cradle
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~'kito
    Why is it that the phone can be ready on November, but the cheapo plastic cradle can't be ready to go until the end of January? Its not like its the first time they've done this?

My buddy works at a plastic fab plant. They make interior parts for cars. They can pound out about a million door handles (which are comprised of several pieces) in something like two to three weeks. Food for thought...

Hey, do a few of you guys want to team up and start selling our own smartphone? Because given how poorly Palm has executed their deployment, I don't think we could do much worse with something I made in my garage!

Seriously, if the iPhone or PDA3k ever get going, outdoing my T650's memory lacking, cradeless, virtually silent Bluetooth headset, betaware email program act shouldn't be too difficult.

On a related note, I bought a new car. Unfortunately the steering wheel isn't available yet, so I have to use a few pieces of wood strapped together. It works OK unless I turn quickly. Then the wheel falls off and I have to plug it in again. The back seat has shrunk since the last version (although the car is the same size), I can barely hear the radio unless I turn the A/C on and off three times while driving, and the gauges work for the most part, but once in a while will just cease up. This causes the car to stop running. At which point I have to pull over and restart it.

Oh ya, and the car cost $65,000 instead of the usual $25,000.

Sorry, I like my T650 and all, but man I've had to make more concessions than I'm comfortable with.

GOSH!!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Lol.. nicely woorded Jasondeno.....But you forgot that is's sill better than last years verson. Except the headlights were rumored to be useful in this years model, but were still .1/3rd the brightness of everyone elses......
    Quote Originally Posted by tm4000m
    Lol.. nicely woorded Jasondeno.....But you forgot that is's sill better than last years verson. Except the headlights were rumored to be useful in this years model, but were still .1/3rd the brightness of everyone elses......
    Right!

I mean, I like that the new car has more horsepower, the new paint job and that the windshield is much bigger. But when that steering wheel goes flying off when I get in or when I have too many groceries for the back seat, I get aggravated at my expensive purchase. At least the tires are replaceable in this model...
    And, unfortunately there is just some stuff I'm FORCED to put in the back seat. Even though the trunk is huge!
    Uh... back to the subject at hand... any word on the firmware update???
    go.digital
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondeno
    Hey, do a few of you guys want to team up and start selling our own smartphone? Because given how poorly Palm has executed their deployment, I don't think we could do much worse with something I made in my garage!
    I already had that idea!!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=67977
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Actually the BIG news would be if a [Sprint] CSR actually knew something, understood it, and then truefully and accuratly reported it!
    LOL.

Hahahah.

ROFL.

ROFLMAO!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!1

Thank you sir, that is perhaps the funniest thing i've read all day.

Frankly, a more suprising headline would be "In a scientifically controlled study, 20% of Sprint CSR's were successfully able to distinguish their *** from their elbow."
    Hmnnn i just called *2 and it said there is a free update for my phone. Anyone else get this?
  19. JJL
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    Hmnnn i just called *2 and it said there is a free update for my phone. Anyone else get this?
    That's just to update your roaming code. Someone smarter than me can tell you exactly what it's called. Every so often, Sprint updates its tower locations so your phone will roam more effectively. That is the *2 update. Not really anything to get excited about, unfortunately.
    prl(preferred roaming list) update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast