it gives me

"SMTP Rcpt To: command failed:550
    5.7.1 ...Relaying denied"

the server settings are:
    pop-server.satx.rr.com
    smtp-server.satx.rr.com

using default ports.

the pop works fine from my treo

both settings work when using outlook on my pc.

i've tried the built in mail program and also snappermail. i've also tried calling Road Runner.

It seems to be the phone....or the Vision Network?

But I can use my smtp.sprintpcs.com account to send out just fine....
    RoadRunner in my area (Albany, NY) checks your IP to make sure the mail is originating from their network. They do this to prevent spammers from using their pop server (unless the spammer is a TW customer

It sucks and I think they should just check passwords to make sure you're a TW customer but they didn't ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by davi
    it gives me

"SMTP Rcpt To: command failed:550
    5.7.1 ...Relaying denied"

the server settings are:
    pop-server.satx.rr.com
    smtp-server.satx.rr.com

using default ports.

the pop works fine from my treo

both settings work when using outlook on my pc.

i've tried the built in mail program and also snappermail. i've also tried calling Road Runner.

It seems to be the phone....or the Vision Network?

But I can use my smtp.sprintpcs.com account to send out just fine....
    Road Runner will not let you "relay" emails.
    Use your carriers SMTP, for example, if you have Sprint
    pop-server.satx.rr.com
    smtp.sprintpcs.com

and in the email setup on the handheld, make sure your retunr address is the satx.rr.com one and all will be well.

edit: Oh yea, and in the email setup, make sure you have it setup for a different username and password for the SMTP and use the carriers.
    I'm having same problem:

Treo 650 Sprint use roadrunner. Use roadrunner inbound server, sprint outbound server. Can send e-mails fine, but cannot receive. No error messages or anything, just no mail.

No one at Sprint or TWC could help. Any ideas. I've checked the server names a billion times and am losing mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by bings21
    I'm having same problem:

Treo 650 Sprint use roadrunner. Use roadrunner inbound server, sprint outbound server. Can send e-mails fine, but cannot receive. No error messages or anything, just no mail.

No one at Sprint or TWC could help. Any ideas. I've checked the server names a billion times and am losing mind.
    You should be able to POP from Roadrunner so check your email settings. Also check on RR to see what your specific POP settings need to be (i.e. I can't use Snapper if I want to send out on my mail server because it doesn't have the proper auth built in).

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Thks. When you say check my email settings, what exactly do you mean? E-mails coming in fine on Outlook Express on my PC.
    Okay, so you want to check the user manual of the email app you're running and match the settings that work for you.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bings21
    I'm having same problem:

Your pop settings will be RoadRunner information.
    Your smtp will be sprint (smtp.sprintpcs.com); that is the ONLY way your going to send email through roadrunner using sprint.

Here's is a post where this exact problem has been asked an answered:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=roadrunner

And in case you dont want to click the link:

For RR, your pop3 (Incoming) pop-server.(whatever RR gave you as your email address).rr.com.........mine would be pop-server.ucwphilly.rr.com (I'm in Philly)

SMTP (Outgoing) smtp.sprintpcs.com (I discovered last week that RR doesnt allow relaying which means your outgoing mail must go through someone else; hence sprint.

Also, the username/password you enter here will not be the same as the username/password in the pop3 setting.

POP3 username/password will be what you have setup with RR.
    STMP username/password will be what you have setup with Sprint.

I am guessing this is the information you needed because the rest of the setup is your user info provided. (whatever pertains to your email account provided by RoadRunner).
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Yeah, rr blocks its smtp server if not directly logged on... It stinks and you have to use another smtp server...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yeah, rr blocks its smtp server if not directly logged on... It stinks and you have to use another smtp server...
    Cox does the same thing.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have double checked all of the above and have set it up properly. The Treo simply is not retrieving my mail. Again, I can send just fine. All mail appearing normally on outlook express on my PC. So, is it the Treo itself? I tried a soft reset, and that didn't help either.

I know that other people have had success with Road Runner, but how about Road Runner in New York City?
    Last edited by bings21; 07/08/2005 at 10:17 PM.
    I cannot send e-mails through my Treo and RoadRunner. I have read the threads but I cannot get it to work when I try to send via Sprint. I receive mail fine. Auto-synch doesn't work consistently even on AOL. I get the message that someone earlier posted that talks about not being able to relay.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
    Last edited by tmid1; 08/29/2007 at 05:32 PM.
    Adelphia did it too. They finally switched my email to roadrunner, I asked them if I could use them for outbound on my Treo, they said no.
    Cingular users can use cwmx.com (no login required) as the smtp server for outgoing mail
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Hi.. i've had an EarthLink account for many years (EarthLink bought out MindSpring who bought out Netcom where i had a dial-up UNIX shell account for a long time..).. anyway EL customers get access to a special SMTP server for sending outbound mail even when they're not dialed into EL.. this is what i use with SnapperMail on my Treos for SENDING mail.. for RECEIVING mail, i can POP into RoadRunner's regular POP mail server.. the same one i use in Outlook Excess on my laptop when i'm connected to my cable modem.. but RR does NOT allow "relaying" (sending mail OUTbound through their SMTP server if you're NOT ON the cable modem).. thus you need to use a different SMTP server.. so in my case, as long as i'm paying for an EL account anyway (which i can use whenever the cable goes down, or if i find myself in a hotel with no high-speed Internet and only dial-up available) .. i use their special SMTP server on my Treos.. if you also have an EL dial-up account, you can do the same. If you don't, then you can't. i don't know why RR can't set up a similar server their customers can use to send outbound emails when they're not connected to RR.. well, actually they DO have a way to do it, or at least they used to - RR "Dialup".. but you can only do it on Winblows.. and nothing else.. because it requires a Winblows app to use.. i would dump the EL account and save twenty bucks a month but using it for outbound email on my Treos is not the only reason i keep it.. as i said, it's there if i need connectivity and the cable goes out, or if i find myself somewhere where all there is is a regular phone line..

Thanks
    Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I had the same problem with Cablevision and would have the problem with Road Runner except I switched to Yahoo POP3/SMTP access mail. A free AOL/AIM would be my choice now because it supports IMAP. In fact I now forward my Yahoo email to AIM.