Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I haven't messed with this extensively yet, but I believe the answer to your question is "yes".

You first select the "New events use time zones" option. Then when you create a new appointment it automatically defaults to your current timezone. The appt's timezone is easy to change with a pulldown list of cities that you can customize.

In the calendar view the appointment is shown using the current timezone's time with a ()'ed note at the end with the "native" timzone, e.g., if currently in Texas with CST:

3:00 * Meeting in California (1pm PST)

Then when you get off your plane flight in California and turn your phone back on the SprintPCS network time kicks in and tells the phone you're now on PST. Then the calendar view automatically looks like this:

1:00 * Meeting in California

Hope that helps.

ERic
    Thanks Eric! That helps.

So what about entries not created on the treo? Will it automatically adjust those?

Larry
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    So what about entries not created on the treo? Will it automatically adjust those?
    If you mean entries from M$ Outlook I can't help you there. I can't stand M$ Outlook....

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    If you mean entries from M$ Outlook I can't help you there. I can't stand M$ Outlook....

ERic
    I don't even mean that a little bit

I am on a Mac using iCal and sometimes CorpTime.

Larry
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    I don't even mean that a little bit

I am on a Mac using iCal and sometimes CorpTime.

Sorry can't help there either. I'm on a Solaris workstation and haven't done a HotSync with my Treo650 yet due to lack of a serial 650 cable sync cable.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    WooHoo... Using a PLPT5-M9-6 cable I have successfully performed a HotSync to my Solaris Ultra60 workstation via /usr/dt/bin/sdtpdasync. Sync'ing Calendar, Address & Memo.

ERic
    My favorite DateBk5 feature is repeat on ToDos. The ability to put in a ToDo like "Pay Car Installment" and then set it up to automatically appear on a certain date every month is very useful. If the native app could do this I might be tempted to save the RAM and delete DateBk.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Why not set up an appointment that repeats monthly? (In the native app)

Isn't that just as good?
    The native Tasks application *does* support repeating To Dos---no need to use any workarounds.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123