Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thansk for the comparison link. It was really helpful.

I decided to stick with my Agendus 9 for now :-)
    pzarquon, I only use Outlook so I am not sure how other applications work.

BTW - aloha! I am sitting in downtown Honolulu as we "speak"
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    I find DB very helpful! I originally bought for hte timezone support but I have found many other useful features that make it a must have.

* Templates - allows ScheduleCare to build profiles very easily
    * Category hiding - allows ScheduleCare appointments to be hidden
    * Notification options
    * delay for time period
    * delay until a time
    * Linking abilties (as mentioned)

Jeff
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have the latest version of DateBk installed on my new 650 and it seems to have overtaken the green phone button. When I press the green phone button to power on, my DateBk 5 screen is displayed. This is a button that supposedly can't be reconfigured in the preferences.

I work around the problem by assigning the calendar button to display my phone's dial pad.

Anyone else have this problem or a possible solution?

Robyn
    Quote Originally Posted by RobynG
    I have the latest version of DateBk installed on my new 650 and it seems to have overtaken the green phone button. When I press the green phone button to power on, my DateBk 5 screen is displayed. This is a button that supposedly can't be reconfigured in the preferences.

I work around the problem by assigning the calendar button to display my phone's dial pad.

Anyone else have this problem or a possible solution?

Robyn

Robyn...this is a known issue with DateBk5 and they have issued a fix for it. It is located in the "Advanced Stuff" folder of the DateBk5 installation folder, but I am attaching it here to make your life easier.

Just install this applet with a hotsync, go under the Unfiled applications on your Treo to find it, and run it. Your green phone button will be good as new.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    actually, it shouldn't be an issue at all anymore as the latest version for treo 650 users (datebk5-v54a-p7) fixes the issue.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn14
    actually, it shouldn't be an issue at all anymore as the latest version for treo 650 users (datebk5-v54a-p7) fixes the issue.
    It still seems to be a problem for some people, including me. I installed v54a-p7 and still needed to run the resetphonebutton applet to get my phone button back. The Pimlico folks must have recognized that this is still an issue , since they included the applet in the Advanced Stuff zip file in v54a-p7.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have all restored my faith in this expensive indulgence!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobynG
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have all restored my faith in this expensive indulgence!
    Does that mean it worked?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Yes! Perfectly!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I like how DateBk 5 lets me choose just a subset of categories to display... as opposed to how the stock app makes me choose "All" or just one.

DateBk5 also syncs perfectly with my PIM (Now Up to Date) and preserves my categories and colors in both directions on sync. Very nice.

I also like how DateBk 5's week view, and once I customize it to how I like it (small font, tapping takes me to day view, etc.) I can't imagine using anything else.

I think it's a hugely powerful and customizable app, with an unprecedented attention to detail for the Palm platform. The developer should be commended. I suspect most folks only use (or are aware of) 10% of it's customizability and capability.

I'll be registering for sure.
    Uh oh. Even the latest fixed-for-Treo-650 beta seems to use the old, legacy contacts database (AddressDB instead of the new ContactsDB-PAdd). It says "Address Database does not exist." And while it is showing the calendar items and to-do items, I realized after running it that the ole, legacy databases for those built-in apps have come back.

I wonder if DateBk5's attempt to connect to them caused them to be recreated? And if so, why didn't the AddressDB come back as well?

In any case, I guess I will wait until DateBk5 is patched fully for the Treo 650 to try it. Of course, if it's not within the next 30 days, I'll be out of luck as far as the 'trial' is concerned.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    DateBk's trial is actually an impressive 45 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    I've used DateBK5 for years, but never got around to doing categories. Monkey, could you please give some examples of what the categories are for you and why we would want to do them? I may just start doing them.
    Thanks,
    well for me, I use two catagories at any given time. Work and personal. I actually have all personal items set in the default outlook folder and then I have work items set as a subfolder in Outlook. Using PocketMirror, I can link the Treo to sync with both folders and have the folders show up as catagories on Treo. Thus from Outlook, I can print a scheduele of just work events without clutter of personal stuff. Alternatively from Treo, I can focus on personal or business issues if I choose, or I can look at the whole picture. I find it very useful
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    The 650's calendar has finally implemented time zones (reasonably well to, IMO).

Also, I demo'ed DateBk5 for a while and found the "floating" appointments great for "todo" type nags. The icons are cute, but I'm not sure those two things are worth the $25 to me.
    I was reading through the boards and I have not found a straight forward answer to my question. I am hoping you can help Eric.

Will the calendar app that comes with my 650 automatically adjust the times in my calendar when I am in a different time zone? DB5 does this without much thought. If calendar does, then how do I make sure it will work properly when I travel?

Thanks!

Larry
    I realize much of this has been covered as far as features so I just wanted to add a few things.
    1. If there is one app I refuse to be without, its DateBk5. I briefly switched to Agendus when I got my 650 and that was a mistake. I know there are many people out there who like it, but it was FAR too confusing to me. DateBk is definitely a comlex app, but it is INFINITELY more intuitive as well.
    2. CESD is amazing. Everytime I need help (which is usually because I'm being to lazy to read the manual) he is there, readily accessible via email to fix it.
    3. The gorillas man! Do not tell me that helping out the gorillas doesn't come in to play here!
    All in all, its an amazing app but people need to decide for themselves. Download the trial today!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    I was reading through the boards and I have not found a straight forward answer to my question. I am hoping you can help Eric.

Will the calendar app that comes with my 650 automatically adjust the times in my calendar when I am in a different time zone? DB5 does this without much thought. If calendar does, then how do I make sure it will work properly when I travel?

Thanks!

Larry
    There is a database icon that you have to install when initially setting up DB5. This contains the World Time Zone feature that allows your calender to adjust when you travel around the world. I don't personally have a need for it, but others swear by it.
    I understand that but I am asking about the calendar app that comes with the treo 650.

Larry
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    I haven't messed with this extensively yet, but I believe the answer to your question is "yes".

You first select the "New events use time zones" option. Then when you create a new appointment it automatically defaults to your current timezone. The appt's timezone is easy to change with a pulldown list of cities that you can customize.

In the calendar view the appointment is shown using the current timezone's time with a ()'ed note at the end with the "native" timzone, e.g., if currently in Texas with CST:

3:00 * Meeting in California (1pm PST)

Then when you get off your plane flight in California and turn your phone back on the SprintPCS network time kicks in and tells the phone you're now on PST. Then the calendar view automatically looks like this:

1:00 * Meeting in California

Hope that helps.

ERic
    I use the native P1 cal and find it very usefull. Adding 3rd party app means decreasing available memory and potential resets.
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast