1.    #1  
    hello everybody,

i'm new using treo 600 i want to ask how do i close application in treo 600 ?
    or how to switch between application.

now if i want to move from 1 apps to another i press the application launcer button and leave the previous apps.
    is it ok like that ?
    That's exactly correct.
    yep, in the palm world there's no such thing as 'closing' an app. Think of the Treo (or any Palm OS device) as a big desk table, where all your files are there, open and accessible. Rather than needing to close one before you open another one, they're all there, ready for you to look at and access. Just go from one to the other, via either the app launcher, or a dedicated hard key, or via the favorites, etc. Many ways to get around in the device.
    I must say it took me a while to get used to as well...I was an avid Pocket PC user, but got tired of re-installing everything, carrying a large iPaq and a phone, etc...now I am 100% converted to Palm - the 650 has a lot to do with it, I can't put the damn thing down...email snippits pushed to my phone alerting me of work email, downloading and reading email at will, phone works great, ereader is just as good as MSReader on ipaq, MP3 works great, weeeee
    I'm also interested in finding out what applications are available to help you switch back to your previous application at the click of a button, or button hold, etc. Easy Launch used to do this (a Hackmaster extension hack) and I used to use this on my Treo 300, but I don't really want to put Xmaster on my Treo 650.

Is there anything else? Just something simple?
    Lorea,
    You might want to check out McPhling at http://mikemccollister.com/palm/. On my 650 I hold the left arrow on the 5-way to get a list of my most used apps. Holding the right arrow switches me back to the previous app.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorea
    I'm also interested in finding out what applications are available to help you switch back to your previous application at the click of a button, or button hold, etc. Easy Launch used to do this (a Hackmaster extension hack) and I used to use this on my Treo 300, but I don't really want to put Xmaster on my Treo 650.

Is there anything else? Just something simple?
    McPhling is a nice app, but there are literally scores of different task manager/switcher apps out there from palmos. One really nice one imo is hiLauncher from RNS:

http://ranosoft.net/palm/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks zvandiver, gfunkmagic! McPhling was exactly what I was looking for...so I stopped my search there. Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorea
    Thanks zvandiver, gfunkmagic! McPhling was exactly what I was looking for...so I stopped my search there. Thanks!!!
    Good choice
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway