Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if Palm One plans to release a car kit like there is for the 600? And does anyone know how the heck you contact Palm One? I can't find anything on their site except FAQ's.
    Hi,

Seidio has released G2500 GPS/Handsfree car kit for Treo 650

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=68382

Seidio
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, thanks, I saw that. Does anyone know if there is access to the phone's antenna port while it is in the cradle? It looks like it might be blocked. Otherwise, this looks like a nice car kit.
    I have e-mailed THB regarding a car-kit for the 650. These are the guys who currently make the palmOne car kit. This is a true professional style kit that can tap into your existing stereo speakers (for many vehicles), has radio mute, external mic, etc. Here is there response:

There have been some new developments regarding the Treo 650. The production process has been pushed back. The reason being is that now PalmOne is not sure they are going to develop a car-kit application/software for the Treo 650. Why this is I do not know. My guess would be that because the Treo 650 is Bluetooth they wonít have to waist their time in creating an application. Of course the only bad thing about Bluetooth is that if you want to use it in handsfree mode it will not charge the Treo or use the external antenna capability.

THB is waiting for an answer from PalmOne to know for sure if they will or will not create the car-kit application for the Treo 650. I have no ETA on when this answer might come about. I am hoping for an answer within the week or two

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Alan Jarvis

I think that I may have to bail on the idea of this kit and go with the Seidio version.
    Is there any new news on the THB cradle for the 650? I can't own a 650 without it. The external antenna is one of the best things about the car kit. Bluetooth won't cut it.
    Qualcomm pdQ-800 (1999 - 2001)
    Kyocera QCP-6035 (2001 - 2003)
    Samsung SPH-i700 (2003 - 2004) JUNK!!!!
    PalmOne Treo 600 CDMA (2005)
    Samsung SCH-i600 (2005)
    Samsung SCH-i730 (2005 - 2006)
    Motorola Q (2006) JUNK!!!
    Palm Treo 700w (2006 - 2007)
    Pantech PN-820 (2007)
    Palm Treo 700wx (current)
    I guess there is no new news... This sucks. The THB is the only Car Kit I will use. They know how to make a real kit.

I am really hating Bluetooth right now!!!!
    Samsung SCH-i600 (2005)
    Pantech PN-820 (2007)
  7.    #7  
    You can connect an external antenna to the 650 without the car kit. Just get the adapter from Wilson Electronics. You just have more connections to make. I'd love to get the THB kit, however. I wouldn't hold my breath for it, though.
    THB said it will be out before the end of May... hopefully.
    Samsung SCH-i600 (2005)
    Pantech PN-820 (2007)
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Any updated info on the THB car kit? Alan has been very helpful, but the bottom line is - still no car kit. I bought a THB handsfree car kit for my Treo 600 because they marketed the idea of simply switching out the cradle if you change phones in the future (saving you from having to have another kit reinstalled). Well I now have a profressionally installed kit/cradle in my car that I have not been able to use for the last 6 months.

At what point does THB just go ahead with their own plans for supporting the 650 as part of their THB line of products? It doesn't look like PalmOne is going do anything.

Is there any updated information?
    Is it just coincidence that there is a car kit for the Treo 650 by a company called THB (in Australia, I think), or is this the kit you are looking for?
    http://www.ow.com.au/shop/product_in...e682264bfd1e9c
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SFTreo650
    Is it just coincidence that there is a car kit for the Treo 650 by a company called THB (in Australia, I think), or is this the kit you are looking for?
    http://www.ow.com.au/shop/product_in...e682264bfd1e9c
    Wow. Looks like that could be it. I've written to Alan at CellTech Solutions to see if it's available in the states. I'll let you know what I learn. Thanks.
    Last edited by limoman; 06/05/2005 at 01:32 PM.
    Have been doing some Googling...this site says mid June/$224. Though the site says its just the cradle...is the whole kit much more than this? If so, zowie! About 1/2 price of T650!
    http://www.calculatorking.com.au/treo-cradle-p-646.html

It looks as if ThB's Treo page hasn't been updated in quite awhile...hoping that will change soon:
    http://www.thb.de/main.php?lang=en&m...t&cat=5&pid=14

BTW, this may sound like sacrilege to the ThB faithful, but I was thinking about getting the Mr. Handsfree BT Car Kit. See my thread here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86343
    ###
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman
    Wow. Looks like that could be it. I've written to Alan at THB to see if it's available in the states. I'll let you know what I learn. Thanks.
    Here is Alan's response:

This is misinformation. This is an Australian company and I donít know where they get there information. The Treo 650 cradles are not even complete in production for another 10 to 14 days. If you notice, there is no pictures of the 650 cradle. I have brought this up to THB and they are looking into it.

As far as the base unit (CarTalk) yes, I carry this product. The cradles are sold separately seeing that they are completely universal.

Trust me, there is no one on the planet that has a cradle for the Treo 650.

Best Regards,
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Alan Jarvis

When I wrote back to him inquiring about a timeframe for the 650 cradle, he answered:

No timeframe as of yet. Whenever PalmOne releases the car-kit applications then THB will release the cradles. This is my understanding.

I will contact you as soon as I have them in stock. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Alan Jarvis
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    As to price, the 224 is likely australian dollars, which converts to $169 US. Still expensive.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I asked Alan (at CellTech Solutions) why THB has to wait for PalmOne to release a car-kit before supporting the loyal THB customers that bought a 600 kit for their Treo 600s with the understanding that an upgrade to another phone is a simple cradle swap out. At what point does THB no longer wait for PalmOne to stop dragging their feet? After all, other companies seem to have been able to create handsfree kits for the 650 without the PalmOne car-kit application.

As always, Alan's response time was fast and very informative. PalmOne could learn something from this guy. When the 650 car-kit does become available, there is no doubt that I am buying it from Alan. Great support.

Because of the length of his answer, I have attached it as a text file for those who wish to see it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Limoman is absolutely right. We should all buy the cradle from Alan. Great work.
    In the meantime, what would be a good placeholder? I'm thinking about getting one of these for $20:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../3-78--302.htm

It's been awhile since I've seen a post on ProClip...
    ###
    Here's another alternative placeholder...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...205010937&rd=1
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard any updated info abouth the THB cradle for the 650?
    I have the 600 car kit and bought the cradle for the 650 however it does not have the software for the a CDMA network. Palm is now saying that no one has requested the update. I find this hard to believe. This is a great car kit and worked great with my 600. I wish I had my 600 back.

Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    I have e-mailed THB regarding a car-kit for the 650. These are the guys who currently make the palmOne car kit. This is a true professional style kit that can tap into your existing stereo speakers (for many vehicles), has radio mute, external mic, etc. Here is there response:

There have been some new developments regarding the Treo 650. The production process has been pushed back. The reason being is that now PalmOne is not sure they are going to develop a car-kit application/software for the Treo 650. Why this is I do not know. My guess would be that because the Treo 650 is Bluetooth they wonít have to waist their time in creating an application. Of course the only bad thing about Bluetooth is that if you want to use it in handsfree mode it will not charge the Treo or use the external antenna capability.

THB is waiting for an answer from PalmOne to know for sure if they will or will not create the car-kit application for the Treo 650. I have no ETA on when this answer might come about. I am hoping for an answer within the week or two

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Alan Jarvis

I think that I may have to bail on the idea of this kit and go with the Seidio version.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast