Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The security feature where the treo is automatically locked - requiring pw to operate does not work for me. It only worked if the amount of delay time was small (I believe I tried something like 1 or 2 minutes) but it does not work if the delay is long such as 30 minutes (my current setting) or 1 or 2 hours.

This feature is important as it prevents someone from accessing your data if you loose your treo.

Has anyone had any similar issues or does anyone have this delay set to 30 minutes or more?

Thanks.

PS. This msg is a rewrite of a previous one which I entered from treo, but with I believe insufficient info.
    Last edited by mianesva; 01/05/2005 at 09:00 AM. Reason: clarification
    Same problem here. It works for awhile, then stops working. I've tried all the settings to no success. Any way of getting Palm to commit? Calling Sprint has been a waist of time.
    Larry
    I posted the same concern a couple of months ago.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mianesva
    The security feature where the treo is automatically locked - requiring pw to operate does not work for me. It only worked if the amount of delay time was small (I believe I tried something like 1 or 2 minutes) but it does not work if the delay is long such as 30 minutes (my current setting) or 1 or 2 hours.
    I'm having the same problem. I haven't tested all the time intervals, but if the time interval is short enough the my Treo 650 locks. If it's too long --2 hours, for example-- the built-in security feature does not lock the 650.

Perhaps there's some other program that's telling the 650 it's being used and which is resetting the security-lock interval.
    Yea that feature is absolutly useless.
    Same problem here. WTF? I complained about the security app on the 600 and it is the same sh*t on the 650.
    Yep, same here. I had it set for 30 minutes when I first got it, and gave up on it after a couple days. About a month after I had it, it finally locked itself.
    I have noticed that when I turn off my bluetooth when not in use my security app locks the phone as set. It also locks SOMETIMES when the phone is turned off. Anyone else got the security app to work?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Ditto, but setting it to lock at a predetermined time does work.
    Does setting lock at, say 1AM, impact the 3AM Snappermail run that ocurs every 3AM? In other words, does the locking feature preclude timed applications running in bckground?

Thanks!
    Charliec
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I have my phone set to lock at 5AM and didn't doesn't work all the time. What gives???
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Get mSafe
    Just another inexcusible bug in these things. Ugh.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    After struggling to get the security app to lock the phone at a specific time, I think I finally got it work. I have had successful lockings for the last 3 days (new best record).

I unchecked network time, went to the security app & changed the time to something a little different. Hit lock and exit. Now it has been working great.

For those you who are having trouble with the built-in security app, give it a shot and post your results.

***I have not tested this with lock after a XXX min of inactivity.
    Last edited by ink883; 08/12/2005 at 03:36 PM.