1.    #1  
    I have a few questions about the Treo 600. I just got one to replace a broken 300. Questions below:

1. Does this have the ability to play mp3's with the right software

2. I know they make a program for the Windows CE that will allow you to compress a dvd to watch it on the the device and was wondering if there is one like this for the treo.

3. The note that came with my treo says not all SD cards will work with it so I was wondering which ones to buy for it. (brand)
    In short (you can get more detailed answers using the search feature):

1. Yes, with PocketTunes or RealPlayer or others

2. Yes, you can take a look at PocketDVD or there are some free tools that you can use to do it (http://tek.8m.net/mmplayer_DVD_copying.htm)

3. SanDisk is one of the more popular ones, check the SD forum on this board for moe

Enjoy!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) SanDisk
  4.    #4  
    Ok new questions: Thank you BTW for the help

1. How do I copy a picture from my computer to the treo 600 pictures folder so I can set it as my background

2. I got pockettunes but no sd card how do I copy a mp3 to the internal memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by der rabe
    Ok new questions: Thank you BTW for the help

1. How do I copy a picture from my computer to the treo 600 pictures folder so I can set it as my background

2. I got pockettunes but no sd card how do I copy a mp3 to the internal memory.
    Hi,

Can't answer the second question (probably you would have to mail it to yourelf) but the first is easy.

In the Palm Desktop you will see an Icon on the left called Treo Pictures. Click on it and you will see a window with three directories, one is called "Transfer". Put the picture you want on your Treo in that directory and it will be on your phone the next time you HotSync.

The image details should be as follows: no bigger than 160 x 120 pixels and 72 dpi resolution.

Welcome to Treo 600!

Bye,

Ton
    For #2, get an SD card. You'd have to convert the mp3s to a format that can be stored on the Treo's internal memory (like .pdb) and with that you could only get 4-5 songs at most on your treo since you're limited to 23mb of ram assuming you have no 3rd party apps on your treo.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."