1. Y2J
    I created a Favorites button for an existing contact, but I can't get the ringtone I chose to work.
    I am trying to use a ringtone I downloaded.
    The ringtone does work, it is in the list of ringtones, but when that contact calls me, the ringtone I have set for "known caller", which is also a downloaded ringtone, plays instead.
    I can't figure out why this is.
    Thanks.
    -Y2J
    This has already been discussed at great lengths on another thread.

This phenomenon is, apparently, a bug. The only ringtones that can be assigned to Contacts are midi files. Even ringtones which are recorded using the Sounds application cannot be assigned to a Contact successfully because they are saved as .amr files.

Hopefully P1 will address this issue in the upcoming update.

K
  3. Y2J
    Sorry. I did not realize and did not check to see if this problem was already discussed.
    Thank you for the reply though.
    All of these bugs are beginning to bug me.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    All of these bugs are beginning to bug me.
    bug time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2J
    I created a Favorites button for an existing contact, but I can't get the ringtone I chose to work.
    I am trying to use a ringtone I downloaded.
    The ringtone does work, it is in the list of ringtones, but when that contact calls me, the ringtone I have set for "known caller", which is also a downloaded ringtone, plays instead.
    I can't figure out why this is.
    Thanks.
    -Y2J
    :menu: Well I use my 2gig SD card in my Treo 650 and have 1200 MP3 files on that one card... I have set ringers for all my contacts to use a MP3 file...
    --> Reason I got such a big card, due to digital imaging I do, and mainly do not want to change the card out everytime......

BTW: I downloaded RINGO application for my MP3 ringer for contacts. Great program and damn simple! (you can download it here: Sprint Homepage > Downloads > Applications > Tools > Ringo...)

:shortcut: But the downloaded ringers SUCK, and keep in mind the majority have a 60 - 90 day limit... Then they are deleted from your (Vision) Content Manager...

Just buy a 1gig SD card @
    B&H Photography... $68 !!

-------
    This is my $0.02 cents worth... Hope this might help...

- Jim
    --------
    Treo 650
    Behind the scene's...
    Last edited by spoolenTreo; 01/07/2005 at 04:31 AM. Reason: whoops
    So Ringo is available from the Sprint software store? Cool. Now, are these Mp3's that you downloaded to be available to realplayer, or SPECIFICALLY for ringtones. The reason I ask is that I have not played with downloading ANY Mp3's. I've been dreading it, to be honest, simply because I seem to always have HUGE trials when experimenting on my Treos. The ringtones I've got would be perfect if they would just ring for that contact. Damn it, PalmOne. First the Bluetooth debacle, now this ringtone bug. This is getting damn ridiculous.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    So Ringo is available from the Sprint software store? Cool. Now, are these Mp3's that you downloaded to be available to realplayer, or SPECIFICALLY for ringtones. The reason I ask is that I have not played with downloading ANY Mp3's. I've been dreading it, to be honest, simply because I seem to always have HUGE trials when experimenting on my Treos. The ringtones I've got would be perfect if they would just ring for that contact. Damn it, PalmOne. First the Bluetooth debacle, now this ringtone bug. This is getting damn ridiculous.
    you can also try mp3Ringer and Lightwav at www.toysoft.ca they work with mp3/wav (pocketTunes) or must uncompressed wav files. custom jpg and gif animation as callerID and more.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Smiley will it work with Real Player?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    DrDoom -

If you have not downloaded Pocket-Tunes Pro from the Sprint apps do so… That is one cool App… You can even go to www.shoutcast.com and find live streaming 56K audio... Follow these directions to listen to shoutcast.
    Once you have Shoutcast loaded. Change the Bitrate to 56K. Then find a stream you want to listen to. Move your mouse cursor to the link where the [Tune In] button (when you have Shoutcast open you will see the yellow tune in button to the left of each stream). Hold you mouse cursor over [Tune In] write down the entire stream address, or you can right click on [Tune In] and Copy Shortcut and paste into Notepad.
    Now to make the URL in Notepad or you wrote down work here you go:
    Open Pocket Tunes >> Click on the [Open] button >> In the top right you will see a drop down menu >> Click on Shoutcast >> Bottom will be [http://] type in the entire stream URL you wrote down >> and now you have streaming music from your Treo, and with Stereo headphones it’s awesome cause it does not kill your battery. Make sure you push the PWR button to make the screen go into sleep mode… That’s all…

Sorry to make this so long!! But I am in love with this…

Take care,

- Jim
    - TSR
    the only problem is the ringtone volume is always the same no matter what the ringer or system volume is. When I turn off my ringer sounds, the wav should follow the setting. any software can do this