Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I noticed two things since I upgraded to the 650:

1. Phone sometimes appears to "hang" for minute when it tries to (re-)establish the network connection. This usually happens in weak reception areas, but also when finishing a phone call. It is quite annoying when you are trying to create an email that the phone freezes up and you have to wait until the screen finally pops up for connecting to Vision.

2. Sometimes after trying to re-establish the network connection, the phone can not sign on to Vision anymore. The screen for connecting to vision appears, but it can not get past the first screen (no handshake). After shutting off the radio and switching it back on, it can re-establish the vision connection (reset also works).

I am not completely sure if Chatter is the single cause of this problem, but after performing a hard reset and not reinstalling Chatter (but still used verichat and blazer all day), the problems did not appear. After reinstalling Chatter the problems occured again.

On the 600 I never encountered the above described problems... Let me know if a log will help or if anybody else encountered identical problems with the 650.

Thanks...
    I see problem one as well...seems to be Chatter realted. Problem 2 I have never seen.
    Problem #1 is a Palm/Sprint issue; the phone can hang up to 90 seconds in trying to connect to "Vision". I haven't seen #2 either, on T600 or T650.

Marc
    Hi Marc

problem # 2 does happen to me usually when i have low signal strength

Fred
    Problem #2 also sounds like a Sprint issue. The data connection process is handled entirely in the OS.

-m
    I experience problem #2 pretty regularly, and it usually happens overnight when I can't manually re-establish the connection. Marc, do you want a log or anything?
    It wouldn't hurt to have a log... Annotate it if you can.

Marc
    Marc,

I downloaded Chatter Email 17.10 and then 11 today. Wow! real push email - thanks. I'm looking forward to buying this since VersaMail can't seem to do push e-mail. I wanted to mention a few things I noticed.

1. The new docs link (posted with 17.11) points to a zero byte doc file.
    2. When I first began using CE, I got an envelope in the upper right to denote connection to the server. After playing with it a bit this changed to the letters "Cnct", and I occasionally saw "Auth". But I dont see the envelope any more - change between 10 and 11?
    3. When addressing a new message, is there a way to lookup the recipient in contacts?
    4. I use Mergic VPN to access the Exchange server at the office. Occasionally Mergic would complain "Too many connections" when using it with CE. Is this a Mergic issue?
    5. I use AOL for personal e-mail. And I've seen that AOL's implementation of IMAP is incomplete. Am I just out of luck, or is there a plan to provide some sort of compatibility with AOL's Open Mail Access?
    6. Is there a way to specify a port on the IMAP server? - I recall AOL requiring this, and is maybe at the core of my problem.
    7. In edit mailbox, the drop down list of tones does not display all tones on my Treo650. It cuts off the last 2 (they start with Y and Z if that matters).

I hope it does not seem like I'm complaining - I'm thrilled to have found Chatter, and it's almost ideal for my needs. I look forward to your next beta.
    Last edited by jmcnaught; 01/07/2005 at 02:44 PM.
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    1) Read the new chatter manual, that should answer many of your questions

www.imchatter.com

2) Please lose the chicken head from your avatar - it is extremely nasty!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    2) Please lose the chicken head from your avatar - it is extremely nasty!

As is the Giants helmet....
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Well, I try to focus on the last game of the season and remember the 86 and 90 seasons - but thanks for the needle in any case :-)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Just a die-hard Eagles fan here! (okay, now you can give me the needle)
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    It's not necessary - my 7yr. old son (and his friends) are huge Donovan McNabb/TO fans. You can just imagine the parental conflict that I am going through! In any case, good luck in the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    I noticed two things since I upgraded to the 650:

1. Phone sometimes appears to "hang" for minute when it tries to (re-)establish the network connection. This usually happens in weak reception areas, but also when finishing a phone call. It is quite annoying when you are trying to create an email that the phone freezes up and you have to wait until the screen finally pops up for connecting to Vision.

2. Sometimes after trying to re-establish the network connection, the phone can not sign on to Vision anymore. The screen for connecting to vision appears, but it can not get past the first screen (no handshake). After shutting off the radio and switching it back on, it can re-establish the vision connection (reset also works).

I am not completely sure if Chatter is the single cause of this problem, but after performing a hard reset and not reinstalling Chatter (but still used verichat and blazer all day), the problems did not appear. After reinstalling Chatter the problems occured again.

On the 600 I never encountered the above described problems... Let me know if a log will help or if anybody else encountered identical problems with the 650.

Thanks...
    I have seen that also. I would love if Vision knew when I was Roaming and didn't try to connect at all.
    Also,
    I know I posted at MTDN that it would be nice to have a way out of the reconnect loop. Sometimes if I cancel I hit the 5 way 2x and then when the "Reconnect" question comes up it defaults to yes and then there's no way out.
    I also have had "Vision" connection issues. This isn't from Chatter. It happened on my 300, 2 600's and 3 650's. I first noticed it after using Pdanet on my 300, when I had Snappermail. After disconnecting from Vision, it wouldn't log me on until I reset. I have noticed that Chatter sometimes won't complete the handshake, but if I go into Blazer it will complete and login.
    Amb,
    I think you missed my point. I thought that Marc published a new manual last night (see first post in Chatter Email 1.0b17.12 & New Docs Available! thread) with the .11 version of the beta, but the link brings up an empty document (now fixed). I have the current manual and it's good enough, but does not answer the questions I have as a result of testing the product.

As for the avitar, I'm glad you liked it. It made me think when I saw it... Now off to lunch.

As far as your avitar, I have absolutely no comment.
    Jeff

Motorola StarTac => Cingular Treo 270 => Sprint Treo 600 => Sprint Treo 650 => Sprint Treo 700p
    The new manual is available if you download the full version. I noticed the 0 byte doc file also and that's how I found out.
    I saw that too. What I did is just download the entire file (http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/ChatterEmail.zip) and extract just the manual. Works great!
    I found (and fixed) the problem with the 0 length doc file - oops!

Marc
    brutel1 - What's odd about your observation about "making the connection" is that the Palm OS handles 100% of the interaction. Neither Blazer nor Chatter would appear to be able to affect that process!

Marc
    I understand. Unless it just happened to be a timing thing? I try Chatter first and then go to the others. This hasn't been as big a deal with my 650 and really isn't troublesome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast