Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On 12/16/04 - I submitted my order by phone for the free 128 mb card as a "fix" for the memory issues of the 650. I decided that I would use the opportunity to buy some accessories as well - I purchased a travel charger and an additional battery. I could use this for a 5 week trip that I'm taking 1/6/05 to Asia. That gives me 21 days to receive my product - no worries.

I received an email that the product was on backorder. I called on 12/27 and they stated that it no longer is on backorder and the product will be shipped out today. Still enough time.

Well it is now 1/4 and still no product. I pull up the shipping notification email and click to track. I see a tracking # but there is no record of the shipment on the USPS website. I call Palmone and am placed on hold for literally 30 minutes before person answers the line. I am told that the product has been sitting in LA for 4 days and I will need to get on the phone and call USPS. He gives me the tracking # and it's the same one as the one I'm unable to track. I tell him and he says that it's because their product was sent "Postal Direct" and there is no outside tracking capability - it's only viewable by them. Then why did he give me a # to call? Whatever.

I tell him my dilemma (leaving the country in 2 days) and he just says - "I can't do anything about it - you need to give shipping up to 8 days"
    So I tell him that I'd just like to cancel my order - he says that's not possible since it was already shipped. I ask to speak with a supervisor and he says there is none available. I ask him who's in charge and he says he is.

-He tells me I can't cancel my order
    -He gives me no assistance with tracking my product
    -He doesn't allow me to speak with a supervisor
    -He tells me that they won't give me a credit if I refuse the box when (and if) it comes
    -He tells me that I must return the product within 30 days if I don't want it - I'll be out of the country for 5 weeks.

I get off the phone and call the number and it is a Fedex #! It is just a message telling me to leave my tracking # and I will be called back in the order that the request was received. I'm confused - the palmone website says "USPS Select" but there is no info on the tracking # at USPS.com. Fedex.com also has no info on the tracking #. I even call Fedex and the CSR tells me they have no info on the tracking #.

Now I am sitting on hold again with palmone for the last 20:23 mins and hope that I'll maybe get a more helpful CSR. No such luck - call was answered in 23:59 and I got the same rep! He really is the only one there! I tell him that neither Fedex nor USPS has info on where my shipment. He just says - leave a message on the phone number I gave you and wait for a call back.

Who says that U.S. based CSR's are superior?

Whatever the case - this is my last order from Palmone.

I feel better now that I vented - but my problem still exists. Is this why I spent $600 on a piece of #@#$# pda and can't get any assistance from their $8/hour CSR? I guess the jokes on me.

Has anybody had a similar experience?
    Sharp Zaurus-->Cassiopeia A10-->Palmpilot Pro-->Palm III (2)-->Palm VII-->Handspring Visor Deluxe (2)-->Palm V-->Palm Vx (3)-->Sony Clie T615C (2)-->Palm M105 (gift)-->HP IPAQ 1910-->Sony Clie NX70V (2)-->Palm Tungsten C (2)-->Handspring Treo 600 GSM-->Handspring Treo 600 CDMA (3) --> IPAQ hx4705 --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Sony Clie TH55 --> Treo 650 Sprint
    Too long! But, got the gest with title, good luck.
    Using it on a trip to Asia? Hmmm...interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith21
    I didn't know this phone worked in Asia? hehehe
    Sorry to hear about your tangle. One bad day or bad experience doesn't amount to throwing away a great technology. I've been upset with the USPS for really messing something up, but I am not done with them. You really like the T650 -- the timing was just bad on what you needed to do.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I feel your pain. I won't order from PalmOne ever again b/c of a similar issue...especially if TC has it on sale here. Their shipping is tops, and I usually get it fast (I'm in Florida also, but UPS is much better than USPS).

Perhaps if your flight leaves late enough on Thursday you can ordrer from TC tomorrow and ask for overnight priority shipping, then request an RMA for the P1 products.

I requested an RMA for a product they sent after I canceled it...no questions asked by P1.

Good luck!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith21
    Planning on using the PIM functions only - I'll rent a phone there.
    Sharp Zaurus-->Cassiopeia A10-->Palmpilot Pro-->Palm III (2)-->Palm VII-->Handspring Visor Deluxe (2)-->Palm V-->Palm Vx (3)-->Sony Clie T615C (2)-->Palm M105 (gift)-->HP IPAQ 1910-->Sony Clie NX70V (2)-->Palm Tungsten C (2)-->Handspring Treo 600 GSM-->Handspring Treo 600 CDMA (3) --> IPAQ hx4705 --> Palm Tungsten T3 --> Sony Clie TH55 --> Treo 650 Sprint
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Too long! But, got the gest with title, good luck.
    Yeah - sorry for the length. But I felt like to venting. And I wrote the whole thing while on hold with P1.
    Always get the name of the person you are speaking with. When you call back, ask for a supervisor, and let them know the person you spoke with and what happened.

RE: order, send it back if/when you get it, call credit card company and dispute charges (explaining why).
    Sooo...how's the weather?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Time to unbunch the panties...

I actually emphathize a bit...customer service is an oxymoron these days...but:

- Why get upset? You can always dispute the credit card charge.

- If you read the boards, the unanimous choice for accesories is Dan's Cellular on eBay. Cheaper too.

- All PalmOne CSRs are outsourced to other countries (India, Canada, etc.). The US bashing can stop.

- If you are going to Asia, the phone won't work (Sprint), so why not just go the Tungsten route and return it when you get back (lots of places have nice long return policies)

I mean, I feel you pain, ala Bill Clinton, but this sort of thing is old hat.
    True dat, true dat
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  13.    #13  
    Mikec - You're right on most counts but....

I guess I got hooked by the convenience of one place since my original call was to order the 128 SD Card "Fix." Not that I really needed it anyway. But hey it was free right?

Also, I don't like to buy something if I already know I'm gonna return it. Golden rule I guess.

Lastly, disputing the charge is sort of a hassle -

End result - it was convenience I was after and the #@#$# "Free" SD card ended up costing me in the end.
    I hear ya....

Anyway, disputing charges is very easy....if you use the right credit card. Amex and Diners are the best.

Visa, Mastercard and Discover are worthless.

Well, I hope you can enjoy your trip depsite all the troubles.
    Get your freak on for us TC'ers while you are over there ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero
    I feel your pain. I won't order from PalmOne ever again b/c of a similar issue...especially if TC has it on sale here. Their shipping is tops, and I usually get it fast (I'm in Florida also, but UPS is much better than USPS).

Perhaps if your flight leaves late enough on Thursday you can ordrer from TC tomorrow and ask for overnight priority shipping, then request an RMA for the P1 products.

I requested an RMA for a product they sent after I canceled it...no questions asked by P1.

Good luck!
    Different strokes for different folks. I am in Michigan, and I believe TC's service sucks! From shipping to CS. I only order from them if they are the only ones who have what I am looking for. But I after 3 s#$ty transactions, I think from now on, I'm just going to do without. Maybe they are good to you 7zero, because you are a fellow Floridian, and you can go knock on their door if things aren't up to par. Me here in Michigan, I've been screwed everytime.

Yet I have yet to have a problem with an order from Palmone.
    That is frustrating, but it's not just Palm1.

I ordered a sandisk 1GB sd card from the CompUSA web site with the local pickup option to take advantage of the rebate (which was only good through the 1st). I went to the local store to pick it up on Saturday the 1st. After waiting 5 minutes for an associate to slowly walk her way to the customer service desk, she took my receipt and then walked around the store for 10 minutes. She then finally came back and said they didn't have any, and the reason the web site let me order the card was because they had two "defective" units sitting in the back. I asked if she could check other nearby stores...she looks up on the computer, and nobody has any left.

I was pretty upset and thought I would get my dirty car washed to cheer me up. But then were closed b/c of the holiday. So then I thought I'd go get lunch at this restaurant I like nearby. They were closed also. I finally gave up and went back home hungry and-empty handed. But I guess I saved some money that day...sorry for digressing.
    I have to add, the one store that always exceeds my expectations is Amazon.com. I've never contacted their customer service, but their shipping speed is lightening fast. My Treo 650 got here in one business day and it was free shipping (w/ 2-day option). And they always update their web site quickly so you can get the tracking number. I've ordered from them many other times (I even bought my old treo 270 from them for free way back when) and the package always arrives faster than expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Time to unbunch the panties...

I actually emphathize a bit...customer service is an oxymoron these days...but:

- Why get upset? You can always dispute the credit card charge.
    Have you ever done this? I have and it sucks. First of all you loose your credit card until they send you another one. Also, you must dispute it withen 30 days, and he will be out of the country still!

This is not a solution to his problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Have you ever done this? I have and it sucks. First of all you loose your credit card until they send you another one. Also, you must dispute it withen 30 days, and he will be out of the country still!

This is not a solution to his problem.
    Not sure which crack pipe was being passed around on New Year's Eve...

Not talking about stolen/lost credit cards...talking about disputing charges.

Actually, it's 60 days, and even that is from the end of your billing cycle; if you have access to online statements, this can actually work in your favor; you may have up to 90 days, depending on where the charge falls.

Some knowledge, lest you think this is all mumbo-jumbo:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20031111a1.asp

I have done this HUNDREDS of times. Not an issue at all, as long as you use the right card (Diners or Amex). Visa, MC, and Discover are a joke and the as using cash (i.e., you need to work harder).
    Some Networks in Asia especially Hong Kong support PCS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast