Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Sorry to hear about your tangle. One bad day or bad experience doesn't amount to throwing away a great technology. I've been upset with the USPS for really messing something up, but I am not done with them. You really like the T650 -- the timing was just bad on what you needed to do.

I've had about 5 experiences like this with PALM over the years, which was why I was so excited that Handspring was the company to release the Treo's.

I was disapointed when Handspring was bought out, because I knew Customer "Service" would revert back to this.

I've been responsible for literally scores of Treo purchases via work and personal connections over the years, but my recommendation is to steer clear of PalmOne.

I'll stay here for awhile since I own 3 Treo's - but as far as anything else that comes from the company, there is not even a remote shot at a sale, because their customer service really is just that bad.

I'm speaking as a 10 year Palm OS device user that has had almost every model that has come out. No doubt the devices were cutting edge, and I was a cheerleader for quite sometime.

However, I have never had an acceptable Customer Service experience, and have always gotten the impression that those manning the Palm phones had nothing but contempt for the customers who called.

Luckily, most PALM devices have never required much support, but with the smartphone market (which does require some support), PALM's existing Customer Service structure is not going to cut it with anyone other than the least discriminating and lowest self-esteemed user.

My honest opinion.
    Just to weigh in on Amazon. Personally, I have had very mixed results with them. I won't order from them except as a last resort or if I am not in a hurry. I have had too many orders for items they said they had in stock only to get a backordered email from them. Add to that longer than usual ship dates (compared to other places using the same methods) and lost orders...
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    Just to weigh in on Amazon. Personally, I have had very mixed results with them. I won't order from them except as a last resort or if I am not in a hurry. I have had too many orders for items they said they had in stock only to get a backordered email from them. Add to that longer than usual ship dates (compared to other places using the same methods) and lost orders...
    My experiance with Amazon has been pretty good. Never a backorder that I didnt expect, and prompt response when I had something go wrong. (via email) They even refunded me the shipping I paid.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12