1.    #1  
    So that I can speak in to the headset and have it dial on the Treo 650? Is there a way or is the technology just not that advanced!

Thanks
    This is one of the big let-downs of the 650. My old Kyocera 7135 had voice dialing, I used to use it constantly, it was pretty much the only way I ever dialed out of my phone (except, of course, when I was making the rare call to someone not in my address book). I used it with the handset, a headset and even a Jabra BT200 BlueTooth headset. I didn't even realize that the 650 didn't have this feature until after I'd already bought it and converted it to Verizon. I absolutely love every other part of this phone, but voice dialing will be sorely missed.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I contacted Voice Signal about this problem and they said the issue was PalmOne's, not theirs, and I inferred that this might be an issue that PalmOne will fix perhaps via a ROM upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat
    This is one of the big let-downs of the 650. My old Kyocera 7135 had voice dialing, I used to use it constantly, it was pretty much the only way I ever dialed out of my phone (except, of course, when I was making the rare call to someone not in my address book). I used it with the handset, a headset and even a Jabra BT200 BlueTooth headset. I didn't even realize that the 650 didn't have this feature until after I'd already bought it and converted it to Verizon. I absolutely love every other part of this phone, but voice dialing will be sorely missed.
    Since the 7135 didn't have Bluetooth, you must have been using a dongle/adapter in order to use a BT headset.

The 650 will also allow you voice dial with a bluetooth headset if you use a dongle/adapter. I currently use a Jabra A210 paired with a HS820 and place calls all day long with VoiceSignal thru my Bluetooth headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Since the 7135 didn't have Bluetooth, you must have been using a dongle/adapter in order to use a BT headset.

The 650 will also allow you voice dial with a bluetooth headset if you use a dongle/adapter. I currently use a Jabra A210 paired with a HS820 and place calls all day long with VoiceSignal thru my Bluetooth headset.
    This is interesting. So the A210 fools the 650 and Voicesignal into
    both thinking that you are using a wired headset - is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    This is interesting. So the A210 fools the 650 and Voicesignal into
    both thinking that you are using a wired headset - is that right?
    Yes, as far as the 650 is concerned it IS a wired headset.