Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Now that the modems seem to be shipping (I ordered mine 11/16. It hasn't arrived yet, but I've been assured it's coming) I'm curious as to what programs others have been, or intend to use with it.
    I used ProxiMail and ProxiWeb on my PalmIII. These work quite well and are free. ProxiMail lets you set up as many as five e-mail accounts. ProxiWeb is a fair browser. I've heard some great things about AvantGo working as an online browser, but haven't had a chance to check it out.

BTW, I'm waiting for the six-pack before ordering.
    i've searched a half dozen software sights for Proximail...can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Svenski:
    I've heard some great things about AvantGo working as an online browser, but haven't had a chance to check it out.

I've been using Avant Go daily to download articles when I hot sync, but didn't realize it could also be used as an online browser. I'll have to check it out.

I also checked out Multimail. Although not free ($40) it looks very impressive. I've downloaded the demo and as soon as my modem arrives, will give it a test run
    I think Proxi Web is far superior to Avantgo as a browswer. Easier to navigate and has bookmarks. Does Avantgo even supports cookies?
    You can find PrixiWeb and ProxiMail at http://www.proxinet.com/
    thanks for the proximail link,

quick question, does proximail have it's own mail reader/writer or does it just download the mail and put it in the existing mail program?

PLEASE say it's the latter...i hate the idea of having a redundant email reader/writer when the one that's included with the PalmOS is fine.

thanks in advance!