Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBoost
    Can anyone please tell me the usual drain the treo 650 should go through. For example a 15 minute phone call would drain the battery approx. blank % without bluetooth, and or with bluetooth blank %. If anyone that is not having the drain problem can tell me that would be great. My battery drained about 10-14% for a 40 minute phone call without bluetooth, and volume all the way up. Does that sound about right? Also how many hours does it usually take for the battery to lose 1% with the radio turned on and the screen off?

4 hour rated talk time= 240 minutes
    40 minutes/.14%= expected 285 minute batt life.

Seems reasonable
    download and install uninstall AND cleanup app from mytreo.net and clean up your saved and unsaved preferences this resolved the issue for me. it is in these two files references to application current and past exist, a reference to a file I deleted was causing the drain on my 650
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quick question for you guys...as I just experienced this with my brand new 650...no apps installed. I checked out MyTreo.net that was referred to...and low and behold...they have a battery string there too. What they isolated is everyone seemed to have a non-palmone SD card. I was using my old Panasonic SD card here. I've taken it out and will see if the problem repeats.

My question is, how many of you with this battery drain issue, also are sporting a SD card on board....and of those....is it a non-palm SD card?

Take care!

Jim C.
    i have a sandisk card. the battery problem usually takes awhile to return after a soft or hard reset, and i have not been able to link it to any applications. the treo 600 always had the problem of not recognizing the card sometimes...it wouldn't surprise me if, when fixing that, they caused some other issue with the cards....lol
    I have a 1Gb Kingmax SD card and a 128mb Sandisk from my old 600 and have yet to experience a battery problem.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Follow up. Indeed, as found with the Mytreo.net gang, I removed the Panasonic SD disk, and my power drain problem has vanished so far. Battery was still at 95% this morning!

Maybe we have more than one issue causing the power drain situation.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I have had my 650 for less than a week and was impressed by the battery life, until today.

I have recently loaded the bt phone fix and roaming fix from p1 and the adobe reader (removed adobe when I found out it does not work for regular acrobat files). I have a 1 hour sync with one of my pop mail accounts.

With the above settings, my fully charged battry had run down to 20% in 12 hours. Usage has been minimal.

This has happend while sitting at my desk at work which is the same location with great battery life from the previous 4 days. Probably not signal related drain...

I am begining to think the versamail sync is at fault. Experiments begin...

-Sean
    Quote Originally Posted by seanoj
    I have had my 650 for less than a week and was impressed by the battery life, until today.

I have recently loaded the bt phone fix and roaming fix from p1 and the adobe reader (removed adobe when I found out it does not work for regular acrobat files). I have a 1 hour sync with one of my pop mail accounts.

With the above settings, my fully charged battry had run down to 20% in 12 hours. Usage has been minimal.

This has happend while sitting at my desk at work which is the same location with great battery life from the previous 4 days. Probably not signal related drain...

I am begining to think the versamail sync is at fault. Experiments begin...

-Sean
    (This may not be the problem at all but .....)

There was a condition where my program BTmute caused battery drain. Please make sure you are running BTmute version 2.3 as this version worked around the 650 battery drain bug. I discovered the 650 battery drain bug by creating this program that worked around the 650 volume bug. If you still have this problem after installing v2.3 (which should be rare), try enabling the "alternate" options for both incoming and outgoing calls. That will make sure that BTmute is not causing the battery to drain.

Jeff
    I have a 650, purchased in late December, with the #3 ROM flashed on it as of last night (BTW, the sound quality has improved considerably so thanks, Shadowmite!) and I started experiencing what seemed like an excessive battery drain all day today.

After reading the posts in this thread and others, I started to wonder if any of the many apps I've loaded on it might be the cause of this annoyance, i.e. in particular anything that would use the radio intermittently such as Versamail or Blazer. That's when I spotted something...

Not too long ago, I installed WinHand. For those of you who don't know it, it allows you to remotely control/access your desktops. Very handy. Anyhow, I noticed that every time I would turn on the phone and get to the ZLauncher screen, the arrows signifying traffic would be green. After some fooling around, I pinpointed the cause to WinHand, which was trying to establish a connection with my desktop even if I wasn't actively using it. For some reason, it was stuck in a perpetual connection loop and after manually removing and re-installing it... Voila! Battery drain problem gone, everything back to normal.

I'll see if the problem is really, trully 100% cured tomorrow after I give it a full night's charge and graph the battery drain throughout the day. Anywho, I hope this helps anybody who might be in the same boat...

-T
    I think I may have found a potential reason for the battery drain. How many people that are having the battery drain have this configuration:

Sprint Phone
    Enable Local Network Time - Enabled
    Power cycle your phone often

This is what I discovered last night. This assumes that you have the Enable Local Network Time option enabled. When the 650 powers up the phone it first sets the current time to a random time (generally in the 1980's!). This setting stays in place for a very short time. Then the 650 again sets the system time but this time to the correct local time. When the first time is set, it destroys all internal alarms that all applications have set including some system alarms. There is also a window where applications that read and use time, will get a bogus time. Then shortly after that the system time is set to a normal time. Well this can confuse the heck out of programs. I'll bet that what people are seeing is some program or internal operating system routine getting lost and spinning out of control chewing up battery cycles.

That's why I think everyone is seeing random cases of battery drain because this is indeed a random type of event.

Jeff
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345