Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey Jeff,

Just a thought....do you think that the "moving" graphics you have in your apps could be causing some of this? (please don't flame me for this question )
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Hey Jeff,

Just a thought....do you think that the "moving" graphics you have in your apps could be causing some of this? (please don't flame me for this question )
    Boy are you in for it now!! *just kidding*

Stranger things could happen but I don't think so. If that were true then you would be seeing the problem with any of my applications. The moving graphics are standard stuff. I have heard from many that the newest version of BTmute solves the battery problem. But if people are still having problems I don't mind giving someone a test copy without the graphics.

Jeff
    Can't be the BTmute graphics, because I dont even have that on my phone. It's just wierd, my phone started draining rapidly a couple days ago. I didnt install any more apps or anything? I think if all of us who are having the problem still should write a list of all the apps currently installed on their phone. Maybe then we can see which app we have in common? Just a thought.
    My apps other than the factory installed are:
    Documents to go
    Express
    Nesem (on SD card)
    Gizmo (on SD card)
    DreamEngine (on SD card)
    PdaNet
    Pocketbar
    pTunes
    TreoGaurd
    Verichat (I made sure this was signed off)
    Versamail (I do not have it on auto-fetch)

Hope this helps!
    anyone in here still having the battery drain problem?
    I do not have many apps at all I use this thing a lot but still don't think I should hace to charge it 3 to 4 times a day my 600 would last me 1 1/2 days with same kind of use I have only put 3 apps on this 650 btmute verichat and express also moved over from my 600 but never been used pdanet and pdareach but never been used I know my batt was doing this before btmute 1.8 the frist one I used I hope this helps and we can fix this
    has anyone giving a thought to maybe the batt may just be sh** in the frist place just a thought
    I dont think it's the battery, because some people have managed to fix their battery drain problem. I think it's a program running thats not allowing the phone to go completely in sleep mode. My battery drains at a rate of about 7% an hour.
    I had this same battery problem and deleted "Battery Monitor" off my Treo 650 and all is well. Battery has only drained 10% in the last 8 hours where yesterday it drained over 35%.

~Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by noone
    I do not have many apps at all I use this thing a lot but still don't think I should hace to charge it 3 to 4 times a day my 600 would last me 1 1/2 days with same kind of use I have only put 3 apps on this 650 btmute verichat and express also moved over from my 600 but never been used pdanet and pdareach but never been used I know my batt was doing this before btmute 1.8 the frist one I used I hope this helps and we can fix this
    BTmute has been updated and it is now at version 2.2. This version worked around *all* of the possible battery drain issues. I did find a bug in the phone API where the API was causing battery drain. This new version avaiods that bug. I am convinced that there are other bugs like this in the phone part of this 650. But from what I can tell and from reports from many other people, BTmute is no longer causing battery drain. I even provide alternatives to *any* API calls in BTmute to avoid *any* possibility of causing this condition. Those modes are enabled by checking the Alternate Support options in BTmute.

I am convinced that there are times when the 650 does not release an OS resource and that causes the 650 to not enter deep sleep mode but rather stays in REM sleep mode.

Jeff
    Where do I get the new version of BT mute? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBoost
    Where do I get the new version of BT mute? Thanks.
    In my developer's forum: GoTreo Software, Inc
    Just a problem I'm having. When using BT DUN. the phone toggles from charging to not charging periodically. Could this be a phone issue or BT DUN related? the LED light flashes from red(charging) to unlit but on the battery indicator on the treo it SAYS charging but when I started using the DUN my battery was at 99% then after id say 20 mins -30mins drops down to about 7o something? but still "says" charging on the screen indicator.Any suggestions?
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    I too am seeing a battery drain issue. In fact, my Treo feels warm to the touch at different times. I originally had Versamail doing an auto-synch every 5 minutes, but reduced that to every 30 minutes. The auto-synch doesn't seem to work anyway, since I'm not being notified of new emails. But anyway, back to the battery drain issue, nothing else has been loaded onto the Treo and I just activated it yesterday. I'm hesitent on manually updating bluetooth modules (it's not even turned on), so I'm wondering if and when Palm will be coming out with a patch or service pack to resolve these and other issues?
    yup, just noticed mine starting to have battery drain problems too!
    but it's actually with a different (but new!) battery...so I can't blame it on the OS for sure....
    I'm confused...and frustrated.
    Can anyone please tell me the usual drain the treo 650 should go through. For example a 15 minute phone call would drain the battery approx. blank % without bluetooth, and or with bluetooth blank %. If anyone that is not having the drain problem can tell me that would be great. My battery drained about 10-14% for a 40 minute phone call without bluetooth, and volume all the way up. Does that sound about right? Also how many hours does it usually take for the battery to lose 1% with the radio turned on and the screen off?
    Okay, after a hard reset and not restoring the carkit update and an old version of btmute (just to be safe), I think my treo is back to normal. Almost full charge (98%) at 10am....After a full day with bluetooth on and over an hour of calls (w/ my bluetooth headset) and one vindigo syncing, I'm down to around 55% battery at 2am early the following day.
    Ok this is really wierd, I think my battery drain problem just stopped for some reason. I did not uninstall or install anything new. In 4 hours it dropped from 100% to 98% which seems about right. I'm beginning to think palmone is just playing games with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang
    yup, just noticed mine starting to have battery drain problems too!
    but it's actually with a different (but new!) battery...so I can't blame it on the OS for sure....
    I'm confused...and frustrated.
    What ? If you changed that battery and it still happens, this means that you can't blame it on the battery. The OS or applications in this case are suspect.

Further back in this thread, Jeff mentions a condition where the phone app doesn't allow the system to go fully to sleep. I suspect that this in conjunction with some other app is causing the drain issue. Some have reported the issue after a hard reset which indicates that the condition exists without 3rd party apps installed. If I had a spare 650, I would go through some controlled tests but I don't have that luxury. Anyone with some extra time on their hands could start with a hard reset and monitor drain, then 1 by 1 launch apps until the problem reappears. This could take some time to figure out but the more people we have working in a controlled fashion - the sooner we can get to the bottom of this.

Here is a thought- Do those of you with the drain problem use MP3's for custom ring tones ? Maybe the phone is launching a background player and that player is keeping the system awake...

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Ok the problem has re-appeared. I was trying what Xathros said, because the battery drain stopped a day or two after I disabled treogaurd (which I also had running mp3's as a ringtone). I enabled it again to check if that was causing the drain and sure enough a half hour after I enabled it the drain re-appeared. My battery drains 5 times as fast when i'm on the phone or when just idle, with treogaurd enabled.
    Can anyone else reproduce these results ?

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast