Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Was wondering if anyone had heard anything new on the patch by Sprint to make the Bluetooth DUN work correctly and the fix by Palm1 to correct the issues with the NVFS memory?
    There's another thread discussing this right now with several responses.
    I belive its tomorow Jan 5th
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMember
    I belive its tomorow Jan 5th
    That's the rumor, but then again the rumors said the treo would be out anywhere from 1-8 weeks before it was...
    So shadowmight, where would we go for more info on this once it's released?
    If/When they release it, you will be able to find it on the Palmone support page for the 650
    Thanks, in my infinate ignorance I overlooked that little bit of common sense. Sorry, won't happen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    So shadowmight, where would we go for more info on this once it's released?
    Here on TreoCentral, of course.

Firstly, there will be a 5-10 page thread where 20 people will say how the patch solved problems, 20 people saying how it created problems, 10 people saying that they couldn't install it (5 because they didn't bother to read the instructions before attempting the install and the other 5 because they didn't understand the instructions).

Then there will be another thread with a Poll asking "Will you install the new software update?" another poll asking "Have you had problems after the upgrade" in which the thread will reiterate most of the messages from the first thread.

where is the link to this rumor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether

Firstly, there will be a 5-10 page thread where 20 people will say how the patch solved problems, 20 people saying how it created problems, 10 people saying that they couldn't install it (5 because they didn't bother to read the instructions before attempting the install and the other 5 because they didn't understand the instructions).

Then there will be another thread with a Poll asking "Will you install the new software update?" another poll asking "Have you had problems after the upgrade" in which the thread will reiterate most of the messages from the first thread.

Dead on balls accurate!
    SO TRUE but you forgot about the one where they complain about the things that were left out of the patch
    Treo 600 ---> 650 "Beta" Tester
    WHY DO I TORTURE MYSELF???
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Thanks for the bit of humor. This is sooooo true.
    awesome aether...
    this is not an accident, this is art.
    patches...we don't need no stinkin' patches!

I am not holding my breath for patches....they have only done 1 patch per Treo model. It's a little early for the 650 one...give it a few more months for a real patch (and not just a little DUN enabler)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    patches...we don't need no stinkin' patches!

I am not holding my breath for patches....they have only done 1 patch per Treo model. It's a little early for the 650 one...give it a few more months for a real patch (and not just a little DUN enabler)
    There were two for the 600
    How about a patch to fix the flippin' VOLUME issue? Too much techno/rock/blues at too loud a volume for too many years + crappy volume level on BT650 has left Doom...irritated.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.

Haha!! A very common pattern indeed.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    any update on this?
    on what? one poster had a sprint csr say 5 jan. ONE person. Everyone else has fed off of one post.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    on what? one poster had a sprint csr say 5 jan. ONE person. Everyone else has fed off of one post.
    I talked to a Sprint tech support guy today, and he said that there had been no pronouncements of a patch in the pipeline.

He also went to the the Palm One knowledgebase to find which patches were current.

Yes, another isolated datapoint. Take it for what it's worth (i.e., nuthin').
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast