1.    #1  
    What bit rate do you use for your mp3's. I have pocket tunes and just bought an sd card. On my dell dj, I use 192 but I don't think I could fit many songs on the card at that size.
    It depends on if youíre going to use headphones or the speakerphone. I use 192, but I donít have headphones yet. Whatís the size of your SD card? Usually a cd takes about 86-100mb on 192. If you have ptunes, you can have windows media player to convert the song to a lower quality and transfer them to the SD card via USB cable. I use a card reader because itís a lot faster.
    That is the bit rate I am using and it is true,
    the files are pretty darn big! (50-80 mb per album)
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I use 128, though I now convert my songs into WMAs for the increased quality.
  5.    #5  
    I do have seidio headphones and my card is 512mb. I noticed that you guys use wma instead of mp3. Is the quality really that much better with wma?
    I beleive that wma 128 compares to 192mp3, so if you want more songs with the same quality, use wma. I might try that tonight after I get done with Halo 2. I also need to start converting some vids for mmplayer.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the help. Hopefully I can get wma to transfer through linux. Or maybe I'll just keep my system windose free and use an inferior quality mp3.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sturbd
    Thanks for the help. Hopefully I can get wma to transfer through linux. Or maybe I'll just keep my system windose free and use an inferior quality mp3.
    If you're not into windows, why not try acc or ogg? You might need a different player (not sure), but they sound even better than wma. If you have a good pair of headphones, you can easily get away with 96 or even 64kbps. I've got Etymotics and 96kbps acc sounds great.
    ogg in PTunes sounds great at 80kbs. I use CDEX to copy from CD or Audacity to convert from other formats (both free on www.sourceforge.net)
  10.    #10  
    I really like ogg. I used to use it on my rio karma before it went to heaven. I probably will go with ogg b/c the sound was very good with smaller files. Thanks noob