Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone gotten Redial and Call Waiting to work with the Treo 650 and the Cardo Scala 500?

Someone on here posted that it works, but I haven't been able to get it to work consistantly. I'm trying to figure out if its my headset or just "a feature".

Redial using the Cardo seems to re-dial the number ever time, but most of the time the sound doesn't get pushed through to my Cardo earpiece. The display on the Treo 650 shows the bluetooth headset connected. If I press the button on the Treo 650 to disconnect the headset and then reconnnect it, then the sound goes to the Cardo. To activate redial, I have been holding down the button on the Cardo for a few seconds until the phone dials or I hear some screeching noise. If you have redial working, how are you doing it?

I haven't been able to figure out how to do call waiting. If I'm on a call and another call comes in on the Treo 650, I've tried holding down the button or pressing it quickly. I always end up dropping one caller. Does this work for anyone?
    I have had the same experience as you, so I think we just have to deal with it.
  3.    #3  
    ok...just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. Some people were telling me it works.
    Same here...doesn't work properly.
    I've never been a fun of redial on my Treo, but lately I've been trying to do it with my Cardo Scala and it doesn't work. I have the same experience as everybody else here. Is Anybody to redial with this headset?

Thanks,

Al
    I was playing around with the headset. And I found a way to make it work. Press the silver button for about 4 seconds. Then you are going to hear some chirp noises. After that press the back button once then a second time after one second.
    That should do it. I've notice that after doing this a few times I don't have to press the back button to hear the ringing or voice.

Al
    >>>>
    I was playing around with the headset. And I found a way to make it work. Press the silver button for about 4 seconds. Then you are going to hear some chirp noises. After that press the back button once then a second time after one second.
    That should do it. I've notice that after doing this a few times I don't have to press the back button to hear the ringing or voice.
    <<<<

I just got mine yesterday (Scala 500...from here actually) and have this problem with my T650...
    Do you mean to to hold in for 4 secs for the redial initiation and then press the multifunction (mute etc.) button on the back twice? It didn't seem to work for me. I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. If anyone has found any other ways to make redial sound come through...please let me know...I thought maybe Takephone was the problem or something. I seem to have to hold it down for 5 secs or so just to get the redial to happen.
    Thank you for any help.

-D.
    Redial just works for me. Press and hold and it dials and connects. No issues.
    I have never attempted call waiting, though.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I'm in the same boat as most everyone here.
    The headset is awesome..but the redial...call waiting thing..is at best cumbersome if you go through holding this...pressing that..waiting..doing this...
    It seems alot easier to pull the phone out if it's tucked away and just using the hard keys on the phone...Just my thoughts.

Would be interested in a real solution though...
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarascal
    I'm in the same boat as most everyone here.
    The headset is awesome..but the redial...call waiting thing..is at best cumbersome if you go through holding this...pressing that..waiting..doing this...
    It seems alot easier to pull the phone out if it's tucked away and just using the hard keys on the phone...Just my thoughts.

Would be interested in a real solution though...
    It works everytime for me.
    redail works fine here...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  12.    #12  
    I think this was fixed with Firmware 1.08 or 1.12.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I think this was fixed with Firmware 1.08 or 1.12.
    probably so but i'm not sure.. I just started using it after I already updated to 1.12.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    BWAHAHAHA!! I read the manual (on my 3rd Cardo headset) and everytime I try this it will redial, but as SOON as it starts to dial the durn phone resets... Good grief. My phone never resets otherwise. I think I will pass on redial for now!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    not to get off subject but my mute function for the scala 500 won't work!! the manual says that while on a call you're supposed to push the mfw in once to mute and again to un-mute, but it's not working. am i doing it right?? if i recall i think my first scala(which i lost)500 headset did this without issue...but i can't remember....help anyone??
    Redial works for me just fine and the call waiting is fine too...just answer the call as if its the only call and it works great....once disconnects sends you back to the original call....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    not to get off subject but my mute function for the scala 500 won't work!! the manual says that while on a call you're supposed to push the mfw in once to mute and again to un-mute, but it's not working. am i doing it right?? if i recall i think my first scala(which i lost)500 headset did this without issue...but i can't remember....help anyone??
    This is how my Scala Headset works. While it is on mute it beeps about every 3 or 4 seconds to let you know that the headset is muted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ix0ye
    This is how my Scala Headset works. While it is on mute it beeps about every 3 or 4 seconds to let you know that the headset is muted.
    i know that which is why i asked the question....mines doesn't beep at all so i know it's not working properly, other than that all the other functions work....just can't get this one function to work...??
    Just started trying my Scala this morning. Here's my experiece with the redial function:

1. When I tried it this morning by pressing the silver button, it did not work.
    2. Following instructions on this thread, silver botton, the back button, etc, it worked.
    3. But then, after I hung up, the phone reset itself. :-(
    4. After the reset, the redial function worked correctly. Just by pressing the silver button for a few seconds until it beeped. The redial started and while dialing, I just hear a high pitch until the call is picked up.
    5. It worked a couple of times before the Treo reset itself again. :-(

So far the resetting seems a bit random. I've tried redial about 6 times without the reset. Previous, it reset after 2 uses then 3 uses. Outside of the reset problem, the redial function is working well for me.

I'm wondering if particular hardware release of Treos are having this problem.

Mine say H/W rev:A. For those of you having NO issues, what H/W rev is your 650?
    Last edited by dpark; 08/19/2005 at 09:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    (sigh)

Got the Cardo Scala 500 two days ago. For the most part I like it, and for $30 including shipping, who can complain? (eBay... dan's cellular accessories store)

Sound quality is overall pretty good. I've found that if the antenna of the phone faces me wherever I am, the sound quality works up to like 20 feet with little to no static. The issue static while the phone is in my pocket certainly exists, but when using a pouch case (I use the P6), it works fine.

BUT...

There have been issues!

FIRST: the REDIAL function...
    I've found the only way to make this work is when the phone is ON (by that I mean the screen is physically on). If the screen is OFF, it won't work... I'll just hear a beep after a while as though I had just finished a call. And what's up with that screeching noise when you redial? Scares the hell outta me.

SECOND: the MUTE function...
    It don't work. At all. I follow the directions to a TEE, only to get...
    ME: "Can you hear me now?"
    THEM: "Yeah, dude... why do you keep asking me that?"
    ME: (stammering) "Well, you're not SUPPOSED to hear me."
    THEM: "Get a life, man." >click<

Any advice?
    Last edited by vara411; 09/06/2005 at 01:05 PM. Reason: rephrase
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast