1.    #1  
    OK.....this is getting frustrating!!!

I've installed a trial version of Mobipocket to read a PDB file...NO I DONT MEAN PDF!!!!

I also have FileZ version 6.4...!!!

I am looking for the downloaded and installed PDB file that I sent myself in Versamail to move it (using FileZ) to my card...to be read by mobiPocket.

Note: I also have ereader....

First, where do I find the "saved" folder in Versamail, then ...can I use FileZ to move that PDB file to the card?.....Then will MobiPocket read that PDB file???

HELP!!!!!!!

If this is not the way to read PDB files on the Treo 650...then how?

If possible...step by step...been on this a week!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!

IGO

I know this is hardware forum...nobody seems to want to answer this anywhere else.....thx!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  2.    #2  
    Anybody?...
    I guess the first question is, what do you mean "read a PDB file"? PDB is a Palm Database file. PDBs don't exist on their own. There is a corresponding application that reads them. The data format in PDBs varies so you need a specific app to get meaningful info (beyond just dumping the file) out of the PDB.

My question to you...what application created the PDB?
  4.    #4  
    I can only assume that that the file was created with ereader. However, I was told that there are multiple readers available to read this file....all I want to do is read it.....that's all.....not much to ask.....should not take a week to find something to read the file with....

IGO
    Silly question but can't you just get ereader to read it? I found a free version on the web. I'm not sure what you give up by not paying for the "pro" version but it should at least open the file.
  6.    #6  
    nope...doe not open file........and yes it's suppose tl be free to use...it's the pro version with 10 day trial period!!

Thanks!!

IGO
  7.    #7  
    I have both ereader and Mobipocket...
    Are both the PDB and the eReader prc files in main memory (ie: not on an SD card)?

Sometimes the diff between basic & pro is SD support.
  9.    #9  
    yes...they are...main mem..
    Any messages?
  11.    #11  
    "No books found"

That's all I get...

Thanks

IGO
    It sounds like you still haven't gotten the PDB file out of Versamail's attachment. Do you have another way to get the file into the Treo?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  13.    #13  
    well...since I'm home now....I have access to a cardreader.....suggestions?

IGo

update: Using card reader....moved the PDB file from PC to card in the launcher folder..........it works!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for your patience sir..........(bowing)

IGO!!!
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 01/04/2005 at 08:35 PM.