1. cjt
    Anyone had any luck trying to use the IR to sync with a Visor?

I use a work laptop that uses NT, so no USB connection possible, and uses an external secure modem that is dedicated for the serial port. So I am having to choose between a modem, or my Visor sync. I am looking for alternatives.

I have seen some patches that allow IR syncing, but they require OS 3.3. The Visor can't be upgraded to OS 3.3, so it seems like the IR sync is a non-starter.
    There is a discussion about this current today in the general visor forum. There is a product in final stages of beta testing called IR sync 1.5, by iscomplete. The new version supports IR sync with the visor and the beta testers report it working well. I think the final version is speculated to be available 1/16, but there is a post today from someone who ordered the product and asked for the current beta and received it.
    This is what I've been searcing for. Is there any way that this can be obtained? Thanks.

Originally posted by geoffh:
    There is a discussion about this current today in the general visor forum. There is a product in final stages of beta testing called IR sync 1.5, by iscomplete. The new version supports IR sync with the visor and the beta testers report it working well. I think the final version is speculated to be available 1/16, but there is a post today from someone who ordered the product and asked for the current beta and received it.
    Hi,

I have been using irLink for the Macintosh very successfully for the past 3 - 4 weeks. I love it and it works flawlessly! It sure beats having to sync via the serial port, which would tie up that port and not make it available for printing. I would highly recommend anyone try this program. The folks at IS Complete were very responsive and helpful. Here is the URL: http://www.iscomplete.com/IrLink