1.    #1  
    It's a very simple request - I merely would like to browse the files on my CARD and Attach them to email messages:

prey-tell - how many applications does it take to pull this off?

I'd like to browse and view files on my card (with or without needing to send them) - can I just do this - to think I have a card and now I can't just look at the files???

Also I'd like to attachment them to an email once in a while

I'm guessing three applications

This combined with:

- Can't sync with Outlook Email (Folders)
    - No Exchange support without coughing up 350 plus setup for Goodlink
    - No Wi-Fi
    - No Bluetooth (save for the 650)
    - Grainy Screen (compared to other smartphones)
    - No slot protection for the 1 GIG card I invested in
    - Slow processer...

I dunno I like this phone, spent so much on software, and it certainly is a tough device, surviving a few drops

... but tell me how is the 650 supposed to compete with the SX66 / PDA2k whatever you'd like to call it ....

when it offers ActiveSync, which I used to hate but now (hosted Exchange is a couple of bucks extra (over the monthly fee) via a windows mobile device compared to Goodlink, gimme a break) it's seems a dream and since it's WiFi, has a great screen, bluetooth, keyboard, faster processor and now that Vindigo and Avantgo are available via Pocket PC / Windows Mobile - i'm sorry after years of palm use - it looks like they just got their asses kicked.

To get the Treo 650 up to par with the SX66 or even close you have to drop a pretty penny on add-on software

ActiveSync is so simple and your device shows up as another drive.

Sorry for the ramble
    A thread to bash palmone. What an original idea!

From the inconsistent complaints I can't tell which phone he's complaining about. 600 or 650.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I was thinking the same thing. I think it's a meltingpot.
    ~'kito
    His best point is that it seems like Palmone developed an sd card slot as an afterthought. Its practically useless without third party software, and cumbersome at best even with add-on software.
    Quote Originally Posted by modphone
    It's a very simple request - I merely would like to browse the files on my CARD and Attach them to email messages:

I'd like to browse and view files on my card (with or without needing to send them) - can I just do this - to think I have a card and now I can't just look at the files???

I'm guessing three applications[...]
    no, just one: Filez
    iBug
    mac osx usernew beetle pilotpowerbook operatorsmartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    Originally Posted by modphone

I'm guessing three applications[...]

><<><>><

And about FileZ:

It's freeware and a beauty. I really like this application. When I have shown it to new palm users, it was like having taken a bath with a raincoat on and then realizing you can take the rain coat off and bathe. Cool.

RE: I merely would like to browse the files on my CARD and Attach them to email messages

With "FileZ: one can check and or edit files, as well as attach files to an outgoing email (with any email app) and or send with bluetooth, beam to another palm device, and or send with one's favorite chat app or versamail.

If you choose send a file, it will of course list the above options including your available email application options -i.e. the choice of sending an email attachment with chatter, snappermail, and versamail (if applicable

FileZ is free.

As a bonus, FileZ will also tell you your RAM size (in bytes) free RAM,and some pertinent battery info. Wait a minute, it's all a bonus!

I hope this helps you to use your card to view files and to attach files located on your SD card to outgoing emails.

Thanks

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    A thread to bash palmone. What an original idea!

From the inconsistent complaints I can't tell which phone he's complaining about. 600 or 650.

I don't understand your problem. Every time someone posts their experience actually using the 650 and their dissatisfaction with the machine, you criticize their critique. Can't you leave it alone? The guy clearly doesn't like some things about the 650 and did some of us a huge favor by posting his views. I don't see you critiquing people's positive comments, only their negative comments. You obviously cannot enjoy the 650 if anybody else criticizes it, making me think that what you like about the 650 is not any actual merits, but the universal admiration in which you think you are basking. Thus when someone (and the some one numbers in the some many) criticizes it, you instantly bad mouth them in an attempt to neutralize them and the possibility that others will think less of your phone. Jeez! You are more than your phone! Although I don't know you, I'm sure of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by modphone

I'm guessing three applications

This combined with:

- Can't sync with Outlook Email (Folders)
    - No Exchange support without coughing up 350 plus setup for Goodlink
    - No Wi-Fi
    - No Bluetooth (save for the 650)
    - Grainy Screen (compared to other smartphones)
    - No slot protection for the 1 GIG card I invested in
    - Slow processer...

I dunno I like this phone, spent so much on software, and it certainly is a tough device, surviving a few drops

... but tell me how is the 650 supposed to compete with the SX66 / PDA2k whatever you'd like to call it ....

when it offers ActiveSync, which I used to hate but now (hosted Exchange is a couple of bucks extra (over the monthly fee) via a windows mobile device compared to Goodlink, gimme a break) it's seems a dream and since it's WiFi, has a great screen, bluetooth, keyboard, faster processor and now that Vindigo and Avantgo are available via Pocket PC / Windows Mobile - i'm sorry after years of palm use - it looks like they just got their asses kicked.

To get the Treo 650 up to par with the SX66 or even close you have to drop a pretty penny on add-on software

ActiveSync is so simple and your device shows up as another drive.

Sorry for the ramble

Then don't buy a Treo and move on with your life...
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Or...since you've already bought one and I have not, keep telling me about your problems so I can decide when, if ever, the 650 will be worth it. And it's good you have a life and don't have to identify with your phone! Sincerely, thanks for your criticisms.