Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have a new Treo 650 from Sprint. It was working great until Sunday when it began turning itself on 6 seconds after I pressed the off button. This happens with the phone on or off. Today Sprint gave me a new phone which seemed to work fine until after my first sync. Then the same behavior started again. The phone continuously turns itself on and off until the battery dies.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this and what the cause was? Of course noone at Sprint in Texas has heard of this.

Help!
    Mine randomly lights up at night, even when disconnected from wireless services. I think its posessed. o.o
    Have you installed any new apps on Sunday? We probably can figure it out if you list down all your 3rd party apps.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Have you installed any new apps on Sunday? We probably can figure it out if you list down all your 3rd party apps.
    I have not installed any applications Sunday. I made no changes prior to the start of this crazy problem that kills my battery and my patience. The apps I have in addition to the standard Palm apps are Documents to Go, a 128 Meg SD card, Trip, Thought manager, to do plus, and font bucket. The latter are all by Handango.

Any ideas?
    mine started to do the same thing today.
    the only thing I can remember doing is trying to configure Versamails autosync.
    I've tried deleting the versamail files as per
    "FIXED: versamail" thread
    did a soft reset.
    no go. did the same off and on thing.

now I'm going to do a hard reset (nice artical from treonauts)
    and while I'm at it do the shadowmite custom rom thing.
    Hmm... I don't think any of those apps are the culprit. There has to be some kind of corrupted file in your backup folder. Since you don't have too many apps installed, I suggest the following:

1. do a hard reset
    2. delete or rename your "backup" folder located in your palmOne folder (ie. backup_bad or backup_old)
    3. hotsync (a new "backup" folder will be created)
    4. and reinstall all your apps (install them one by one and check your "screen always on" problem after each install)

If your problem is resolved after installing all your apps, then most likely there was a corrupted file in your old backup folder that was causing the problem, which I would assume was from VersaMail.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I've noticed the same thing recently: randomly turning on. But it doesn't always do it. My current thought is what is the last active app when the unit shuts off? No reproducable results for me yet....

Between this and the "birthday bug" in think Palm missed some Y2K+5 bugs.

Between this and the "birthday bug" in think Palm missed some Y2K+5 bugs.
    this could be the culprit
    this is the birthday bug they're refering to "Treo 650 date bug". look for Silverado reply/solution.

it worked for me.
    I had the same Problem, It started occuring after my Treo 650 Crashed while I was editing a Contact and recieved a Text Message at the same time. I troubleshooted the phone to no avail then performed a hard Reset. The Phone worked perfectly again. Until I HotSynched with my Desktop. It exhibited the same exact behavior turning itself back on after about 6 seconds. I figured something was corrupted on my home PC so I performed yet another Hard Reset and brought it back to work after a long weekend to synch with that slightly outdated Database. Same thing the Phone would turn back after about six seconds. I proceeded to delete the contact I was editing when the Crash occured. No Luck, Then I deleted the Contact of the person who sent me the Text Message during the Crash, Presto the Treo 650 was normal again.

Is it possible you have a corrupted contact?