Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All,

Here is the first crack at a new profile application that I am calling ScheduleCare.

The first release of this application expands on the concept that my friend Jean-Francois started with BrightCam where he used flags in calendar entries to control volume. I have gotten his blessing to take that concept to the next level.

http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgi...heduleCare.jpg....... http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgibson/commands1.jpg .......http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgibson/commands2.jpg

So ScheduleCare works by scanning calendar entries for "profile" commands. The initial release can control:

Master sounds
    Master Vibrate
    Phone Volume and Tones
    Calendar Volume and Tones
    Email Volume and Tones
    SMS Volume and Tones
    MMS Volume and Tones
    IM Volume and Tones
    Radio Control
    BlueTooth Radio Control
    Display brightness
    Hotsync'ing

This is an early beta so there WILL be problems with some of the functions and options in this program. So please participate ONLY if you want to help make this a much better program and the ability to have a say in how the program is developed from this point forward.

I will run this beta for probably 2 weeks depending on the number of problems found. I will run it on TC and MTDN. On each board I will ask for 1 person to be a co-moderator. This person will help group and track all of the bugs for me. For this work, this person will get a free registration key for the finished product.

On each board, I will also give 3 free registration keys to the 3 people that find and report the most bugs. I will ask the co-moderator to track this information also.

The program has some documentation included to help you with navigation.

Thanks to all for helping with this new and hopefully EXCITING application.

(BTW: I have a hard coded debugging beep "ping" in ScheduleCare that will sound every time a change to the calendar has been recognized by ScheduleCare. I will over ride all sound settings.)

Jeff

History:

v0.5b - Initial Beta release
    v0.6b - Fixed potential crash while reading contact records
    v0.7b - Fixed Alarming problems and fixed BlueTooth mode
    v0.8b - Fixed schedule problem when appointment crossed Midnight
    v0.9b - Fixed problem with repeatign appointments
    v0.10b - Fixed several bugs in the processing of appointment times.
    - Fixed a bug where commands were being re-executed even if no change was made ot the appointment
    v0.11b - More event schedule processing improvements
    v0.12b - Rewrote the schedule function
    v0.13b - Fixed case of back to back appointments not working
    v0.14b - Should never have released a "13" release.
    v0.15b - Fixed hang when switching out of Bluetooth appointment
    v0.16b - Another fix to BT hang when being turned off.
    v0.17b - Added support for Category profiles.
    v0.18b - Fixed System volume changes (removed debug confirmation tone)
    v0.19b - Multiple fixes and complete 5-way support.
    v0.20b - Fixed tones being changed to Alarm when using !scAx! and !scVx! flags.
    - Now is safe to install new versions over existing versions.
    v0.21b - Fixed a problem where !scA0! was not restoring volume levels properly.
    v0.22b - Anotehr fix to the !scAx! flag
    v0.25b - Fixed logic errors in schduling and alarm processing
    v0.26b - Minor fix.
    v0.27b - Changes to Command help screens
    v0.28b - Fixed bug in processing of Tone Names
    - Changes Alarms so that they do not wake up the Treo when they execute.
    v0.30b - Contains prototype screens for eh GUI profiler.
    v0.31b - Extended the beta trial period.
    - Improved reading calendar entries.
    v0.32b - Added fillters to keep from scanning calendar file when applications already have the calendar database open for editing.
    v0.34b - Made a few more updates to the calendar scanner.
    v0.37b - Many improvements. Let me know ASAP if you have applicaitons other than Calendar, DateBk5 and Hotsync making changes to the calendar.
    v0.38b - Added support for AgendusPro
    - Added 'Z' flag command for resetting the device
    v0.39b - Fixed a reset loop that happened with v0.38b
    v0.40b - Fixed a condition where the Z flag would repeat soft resets for the duration of the calendar event.
    v1.5 - GA release candidate
    v1.5.1 - Removed the category option for Treo 600's. This release will auotmatically detect the 600 vs. the 650.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 01/31/2005 at 11:51 AM.
    Count me in
    IT works for me with the radio on & off (!SCR0! & !SCR1!). Let play ball, now.
    Woohoo! Just what I've been waiting for! You da man, jeffgibson! I'll test it out and report back any issues I may find.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Thanks Jeff for your hard work and dedication and most of all thanks for listening to this treo communities cries for help! I will gladly beta test this software!

Keep up the good work!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Whoo hoo, loading it up now.!!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock
    IT works for me with the radio on & off (!SCR0! & !SCR1!). Let play ball, now.
    ALRIGHT!!!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Woohoo! Just what I've been waiting for! You da man, jeffgibson! I'll test it out and report back any issues I may find.
    Glad to have you on board!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Thanks Jeff for your hard work and dedication and most of all thanks for listening to this treo communities cries for help! I will gladly beta test this software!

Keep up the good work!
    Welcome!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Whoo hoo, loading it up now.!!!
    Keep me pposted!
  11.    #11  
    Can someone that did NOT install the ROM update or the DUN patch tell me if ScheduleCare will bring up the BlueTooth application if you enter the !scB0! flag?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Is this a Treo 650 only app, or will it support the 600, too?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Jeff -

Glad to see this application coming together. Do you have plans to make it possible to easily switch between named profiles, or are you sticking with strictly calendar-based changes?

tdh
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Is this a Treo 650 only app, or will it support the 600, too?
    Should support both right now. I have both platforms and have run "some" tests on the 600 and all looks good so far.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    Jeff -

Glad to see this application coming together. Do you have plans to make it possible to easily switch between named profiles, or are you sticking with strictly calendar-based changes?

tdh
    Well don't know right now. The basic "logic" is all there for a GUI implementation too. I was being a little selfish in this first implementation. I loved JFM's idea and have always wanted to have it extended. I have also rejoined the working world and needed this functionality to manage the Treo for meetings, flights, etc.... So the calendar based implementation was my top priority. I manage the profile switching right now with DateBk5's templates. It is awesome. I made an automation category that is "hidden" so it does not "dirty" up my working calendar.

I am searching for a unique way of creating profiles and switching between them. I am open to any suggestions. My first thought was something at powerup for "active" profiles and then a GUI implementation for creation and management of profiles.

I am also curious to get people's impressions on the functionality that I have put into SC. And probably more important, what didn't I include that should be in the application.

Jeff
    great...I'll be playing with this all day!
    Is this compatible with Beyond Contacts since the built in calander isn't used?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdjenkins
    Is this compatible with Beyond Contacts since the built in calander isn't used?
    If it uses the same PIM database then yes it will be compatible. If it doesn't then initially it will not work. I will be glad to look into support for Beyond Contacts if you can point me to the developer of the application. I will need some information from them inorder to understand their file layout. I am also "trying" to get the same information from the people at GoodLink. Pressure from users will help!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Can someone that did NOT install the ROM update or the DUN patch tell me if ScheduleCare will bring up the BlueTooth application if you enter the !scB0! flag?

Thanks,

Jeff
    I don't have the DUN patch installed and the bluetooth control does not work for me (neither !scb0! nor !scb1!). I have verified that the display command and radio commands work.

One other suggestion: It would be great to be able to set up a default meeting setup, so I could always have my ringer automatically go to vibrate while in a meeting (without having to add the string to the appointment). You could do something for all appointments, or be able to set a default per calendar category (vibrate for business, extra loud for party, etc.)
    can you include led control, similar to what ledoff offers.
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast