Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Hey Jeff....
    Have you started on the UI yet?
    The next step now that it looks like the program is stable, it to start adding functionality. The next step is to add category support and then add the UI. I did not want to add additional functionality until we got to this point because everything builds from this foundation.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Jeff, I had some crashes but I have disabled Butler till we're done beta testing and seems to be working much better. Can't wait for the catagories to be active so I can set up the profiles. So far my templates are doing the trick for getting the desired effect but would prefer to do it as profiles instead. Will we see the new and improved beta tomorrow?
    PS. I see I have to check both Treocental and Mytreo.net to keep up with tester feedback. Wish there was a way to post everything from both sites on each site.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    The next step now that it looks like the program is stable, it to start adding functionality. The next step is to add category support and then add the UI.
    Perfect. I am as well waiting for the category and UI!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    The next step now that it looks like the program is stable, it to start adding functionality. The next step is to add category support and then add the UI. I did not want to add additional functionality until we got to this point because everything builds from this foundation.

Jeff
    Hey Jeff,

I would like to help with the UI by putting together some mock-ups.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Jeff, how hard would it be to make an app, or add to this app, something that would alow you to make the days in your month view of your calendar different colors? I have posted on other threads looking for an app that does this, but found nothing. The only thing I want is the days colored. I have a strange work schedule, and would like to have the days I work a specific color.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    That sounds great! So no issues, crashes, wierd behavior?
    the only thing is the persistent issue with failure to over-ride system sound
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    yeah, I just did some more checking, back to back appointments work fine. Does a good job returning to previous state if there is no subsequent appointment. Radio and volume controls work well.....hm, I should look into vibrate though, more on that later. other than that, basic functions on T600 are good except for system sounds.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  8.    #88  
    Version 0.17b has been posted. It now incorporates *category* based profiles. SO you can now create a profile category and all appointments that area assigned to that category will execute the category command string. Any commands found in the Description or the Notes section will *override* the category command.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Version 0.17b has been posted. It now incorporates *category* based profiles. SO you can now create a profile category and all appointments that area assigned to that category will execute the category command string. Any commands found in the Description or the Notes section will *override* the category command.

Jeff
    Wow!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    Jeff, I really like the fact that you are keeping all the versions available in the first post.

So far I have found no issues with the program. Trying category version now. Very cool.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Jeff, Just tried it but category setting didn't work. Pretty sure I set it up right. First it reset my treo and I first enabled it then when I set the catagory and placed in the appointment under that catagory to turn Radio off, Nothing happened.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Jeff,

I Love the new update.....

I am however afraid that that app may get "too complicated" for the average user. Is it possible to make the "basic" profile part more intuitive? Here is what I mean....

Would it be possible to take your "command screen" and give each command a drop down selection feature? The user would go down the list of commands setting each command to their preference for ex ample:

Master sounds……………………….7
    Master Vibrate………………………on
    Phone Volume and Tones…….(maybe have this pull up the Sounds pref screen)
    Calendar Volume and Tones…(maybe have this pull up the Calendar pref screen)
    Email Volume and Tones……..(maybe have this pull up the email pref screen)
    SMS Volume and Tones………(maybe have this pull up the SMS pref screen)
    MMS Volume and Tones……..(maybe have this pull up the MMS pref screen)
    IM Volume and Tones…………(maybe have this pull up the IM pref screen)
    Radio Control………………….....ON
    Bluetooth Radio Control………(maybe have this pull up the Bluetooth pref screen)
    Display brightness……………...(maybe have this pull up the brightness pref screen)
    Hotsync'ing…………………….....yes

After user sets up their functionality, the user saves and names the profile, and the application compiles the functionality and creates the commands.

Now I am not a programmer by any means, and I do not know how difficult this would be to set up. But it seems that this app is getting more complicated and my make some stay away without a more intuitive app.
    My Phone history.....
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by wjwhitty
    Jeff, Just tried it but category setting didn't work. Pretty sure I set it up right. First it reset my treo and I first enabled it then when I set the catagory and placed in the appointment under that catagory to turn Radio off, Nothing happened.
    You need to *completely* remove the old version before installaing the new one at this stage in the Beta. I have not yet builtin the code to make this part simple. I think that may be part of the problem you are seeing. For me the category function appears to be working. Also any commands (!sc!) in an appointment will override the category command.

Let me know if after doing these things, it still does not work and we can dig into the reasons. (Also, there is an enable option in the category manager that needs to be set).
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Jeff,

I Love the new update.....

I am however afraid that that app may get "too complicated" for the average user. Is it possible to make the "basic" profile part more intuitive? Here is what I mean....

Would it be possible to take your "command screen" and give each command a drop down selection feature? The user would go down the list of commands setting each command to their preference for ex ample:

Master sounds……………………….7
    Master Vibrate………………………on
    Phone Volume and Tones…….(maybe have this pull up the Sounds pref screen)
    Calendar Volume and Tones…(maybe have this pull up the Calendar pref screen)
    Email Volume and Tones……..(maybe have this pull up the email pref screen)
    SMS Volume and Tones………(maybe have this pull up the SMS pref screen)
    MMS Volume and Tones……..(maybe have this pull up the MMS pref screen)
    IM Volume and Tones…………(maybe have this pull up the IM pref screen)
    Radio Control………………….....ON
    Bluetooth Radio Control………(maybe have this pull up the Bluetooth pref screen)
    Display brightness……………...(maybe have this pull up the brightness pref screen)
    Hotsync'ing…………………….....yes

After user sets up their functionality, the user saves and names the profile, and the application compiles the functionality and creates the commands.

Now I am not a programmer by any means, and I do not know how difficult this would be to set up. But it seems that this app is getting more complicated and my make some stay away without a more intuitive app.
    Good ideas. If this new version works well and is stable, I will very quickly make changes so installation is seamless and easy. Then transition into the GUI portion of the developement. (But I don't think anyone is wanting that right???? )

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    I think many of us have run into the bug in which the "System Volume" preference (namely, OFF!!!) will randomly get lost. It still reads that it's off, but the sounds start going despite that.

Anyway I don't yet know for sure that ScheduleCare is the cause, but I believe that ever since installing it, the frequency with which this bug manifests itself has increased dramatically. Whereas before it'd happen every week or two, it now happens every few hours. Jeff, I'll continue to experiment with ScheduleCare on and off to see if I can tell you for sure it's to blame. Let me know what your thoughts are and if you need any more of a description.

-Brian
    Jeff, I'm still having this problem...it's a pretty big showstopper for me. I realize that the issue itself isn't yours, but this utility definately makes it much, much, much worse. Do you know what part of the functionality of ScheduleCare is responsible? If you can't prevent it, and if it's not a core functionality, could you make it optional? I love the concept of the app...let me know what else I can do to help you track it down.
  16.    #96  
    Jeff, I'm still having this problem...it's a pretty big showstopper for me. I realize that the issue itself isn't yours, but this utility definately makes it much, much, much worse. Do you know what part of the functionality of ScheduleCare is responsible? If you can't prevent it, and if it's not a core functionality, could you make it optional? I love the concept of the app...let me know what else I can do to help you track it down.
    I will look into this again but I am finding it impossible to stop the system sounds completely. The only way to mute it completely is to use the mute switch on the top of the 650! I don't understand either!

As for randomly changing, I will look into this more. Is this still happening with the newest build? I was causing problems with this in earlier builds but now things should be correct. Can you confirm? The ONLY time the system sound is touched is when you use the !scAx! flag. All other times I leave it completely alone. If you are not using that flag then SC is not making the changes you are seeing.

Jeff

Jeff
    Nope, still there with .17b. During or after Hotsyncs and Vision connections, I hear a beep, and after that, the system sound is reenabled. I'm not even using any flags at all. I haven't entered any at all. The problem definately does not happen if I disable or remove ScheduleCare. I still occasionally have it reenabling system sounds on its own, but it's without the beep and it only happens a couple times a week. With ScheduleCare, it happens almost every time I do a hotsync or connect to vision.
    Count me in I would like one program to do several functions.

Will report back soon after I test it a bit.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

19.    #99  
    Nope, still there with .17b. During or after Hotsyncs and Vision connections, I hear a beep, and after that, the system sound is reenabled. I'm not even using any flags at all. I haven't entered any at all. The problem definately does not happen if I disable or remove ScheduleCare. I still occasionally have it reenabling system sounds on its own, but it's without the beep and it only happens a couple times a week. With ScheduleCare, it happens almost every time I do a hotsync or connect to vision.
    I just had a V8 moment! I bet it is the debug beep in the product doing this. I'll put out a new build without that beep and see if the problem goes away!

Jeff
  20.    #100  
    Version 0.18b is available that should correct the system volume changes. I removed the confirmation debugging beep that happened when your calendar was being read.

Let me know if this removes the issues everyone was having.

Jeff
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast