Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Go to prefs/network/service and switch the drop down arrow from pcs vision to bluetooth.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Go to prefs/network/service and switch the drop down arrow from pcs vision to bluetooth.
    That is assuming you named that service "Bluetooth" when you set up the connection (you can specify whatever name you want...mine is called "Reverse DUN").
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    That is assuming you named that service "Bluetooth" when you set up the connection (you can specify whatever name you want...mine is called "Reverse DUN").
    I will look into it. Sounds like a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    I think many of us have run into the bug in which the "System Volume" preference (namely, OFF!!!) will randomly get lost. It still reads that it's off, but the sounds start going despite that.

Anyway I don't yet know for sure that ScheduleCare is the cause, but I believe that ever since installing it, the frequency with which this bug manifests itself has increased dramatically. Whereas before it'd happen every week or two, it now happens every few hours. Jeff, I'll continue to experiment with ScheduleCare on and off to see if I can tell you for sure it's to blame. Let me know what your thoughts are and if you need any more of a description.

-Brian
    Jeff, .10 still has this problem. I'm 95% sure it's related to ScheduleCare. If I have it enabled, it will very often lose its System Volume pref. It seems to start most often either during a hotsync or during the Vision connection problem. I'll hear a loud beep during the operation, and it'll then do system sounds until I go to the prefs apps and choose "Off" again.
  5.    #65  
    Jeff, .10 still has this problem. I'm 95% sure it's related to ScheduleCare. If I have it enabled, it will very often lose its System Volume pref. It seems to start most often either during a hotsync or during the Vision connection problem. I'll hear a loud beep during the operation, and it'll then do system sounds until I go to the prefs apps and choose "Off" again.
    Very well could be. I found some more significant issues that I corrected in v0.11b that I posted earlier today. Can you see if that release helps the problem? I found that SC was still updating settings every time you hear a beep meaning that it was restoring the current setting then resetting the setting with the command string. Very inefficient and possibly too much for the system setting to keep up with. v0.11b fixes that problem as well as a problem where repeat appointments would at times override regular appoinments.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Very well could be. I found some more significant issues that I corrected in v0.11b that I posted earlier today. Can you see if that release helps the problem? I found that SC was still updating settings every time you hear a beep meaning that it was restoring the current setting then resetting the setting with the command string. Very inefficient and possibly too much for the system setting to keep up with. v0.11b fixes that problem as well as a problem where repeat appointments would at times override regular appoinments.

Jeff
    If anything, it seems the new version may be even worse. .11b gives the beep and flips the system sound back on even while i'm sitting idle in ZLauncher.
    Hello All,

I am helping Jeff in moderating this beta. Please see update from last couple of days. Please let me know if you have any questions

Updates from Jeff

SC could very well have been the cause. I found some significant bugs tonight that are fixed in v0.10b. Prior to I think v0.9 I was leaving volume settings in an unpredictable state at times.

INSTALLING UPDATES:

When installing updates the safest thing to do is delete Sc completely before installing the new program.
    I also have a "hidden" button just to the right of the label"
    "Appointment Conflict Rules" that if pushed will completely clean the internal structures for each command type. If you do not delete the program before installation, I would suggest hitting this button after installation.
    WARNING
    If you are playing with the system clock to trigger events to happen, this can lead to a very confused and unpredictable volume settings. If you are using this method of testing the functionality, then I would suggest returning the internal SC databases to a fresh state by hitting the hidden button described above.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Running list of enhancement requests and status.

From jeffgibson
    I am searching for a unique way of creating profiles and switching between them. I am open to any suggestions. My first thought was something at powerup for "active" profiles and then a GUI implementation for creation and management of profiles.

I am also curious to get people's impressions on the functionality that I have put into SC. And probably more important, what didn't I include that should be in the application.

From jloosli
    I don't have the DUN patch installed and the bluetooth control does not work for me (neither !scb0! nor !scb1!). I have verified that the display command and radio commands work.

One other suggestion: It would be great to be able to set up a default meeting setup, so I could always have my ringer automatically go to vibrate while in a meeting (without having to add the string to the appointment). You could do something for all appointments, or be able to set a default per calendar category (vibrate for business, extra loud for party, etc.)

From jeffgibson (response to jloosli).
    Based on category names? That's a good idea! Right now I was using the templates within DateBk5 but I like your idea. I'll think about the implementation for a day or so and then try to add it.

From gtl5
    can you include led control, similar to what ledoff offers.

From meyerweb
    I second the request to have a way to manually select a profile.

From tdjenkins
    It uses all it's own databases as appointments do not show up in the ROM calendar app. DataViz makes the product so I don't know how apt they would be to let someone access their data. If you allow access to profiles without a calendar trigger then I would certainly check it out.

From beergeek
    One way to do this might be to define profiles and then initiate that profile from either a calendar entry or from a pop-up list (I think it needs to have both options).

So you could define a set profile in ScheduleCare (say screen dim, all sounds off, led off, radio on as Night). Then in calendar set up at 9pm !SCONight! or pick Night from a popup list.

Personally I would most likely use the pop-up list more often.

From Fittske

I agree with meyerweb. I would like to see some "simple profile" controls as well as the scheduling functionality. it would become cumbersom to have to create a calender entry when ever I needed to change profiles. There are more times when I just need to change the current "state" of my treo:

For example......

With my treo 600 I had 3 profiles set:

* "Work"~ this profile turned volume to 1, changed the color theme, and also altered the states for all other sounds, (IM, SMS, Calendar etc.) And dimmed the backlight

* "Home"~ this profile turned the volume to 7 changed the color theme, and also altered the states for all other sounds, (IM, SMS, Calendar etc.) And brightened the backlight

* "Quite and Still"~ this turned all sounds to zero. And Forwarded all calls to a specified number.

I see your program being a 2-part app. First part would be simple profile management. And the second part being profile scheduling.

100thMonkey
    do you think that someday, we won't have to make Calender entries? that it will all be handled within the application itself?

From jeffgibson (response to 100thMonkey)
    Sure. Again this is the first implementation. It is something that I personally wanted to help me manage the Treo in a changing environment. When I am running from appointment to appointment, flight to flight, etc... I really wanted a calendar triggered profiler. It will be easily extendable once I get all of the functions working and the logic of switching and restoring states correct.

I saw your message above and will be working on that tonight. I have some corruption in my alarm handler somewhere that I am trying to track down. I think that is what is causing the missed events.

From paulsjmail
    I would also very much like to see this suggestion come to fruition. I know that a calendar based profile utility may be very useful to others, but for me, I need something that I can manually change whenever I need to. "Schedule Care" looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty full featured program. It would be great to be able to just hold down something like the "menu" key, and switch to the profile of your choice. Jeff, Is there any chance of having this occur?

From Fittske
    Here is my "Vision" for this app....

The user creates their "simple" profiles: setting volume, ringtones, color theme, wallpaper, call forwarding, bluethooth, etc. The user titles the profile and then saves......

Let's say the user creates three profiles: "Work", "home", and "no sound".

"Manual operation mode"

At any given time the user can manually toggle between saved profiles we could call this "manual operation mode" this mode would resemble Milan's profile app.

"Schedule Mode"

Users will have the ability to control their phone settings as dictated by scheduled events (what I would like to see....)

When activated, the program will pull all events from your datebook for a specified period. Time frame could be a single event, one days events, one weeks events etc. For each event, the user would have the ability to select a "created profile" for the duration of the event. Once that event is completed, the application would return to a "default" profile.

So lets say the user has an event: "Meeting from 1:00pm-2:00pm"

-From the setup menu, the user selects for the event "Meeting from 1:00pm-2:00pm"

-The user selects the created profile "no sound" for this event.

-The users current default profile is "work".

-At the start of the event the systems changes to the specified "no Sound" profile for the duration of the event.

- At the completion of the event, the system returns to the default profile, which was selected to be "work"

From jayzee
    I have a suggestion for this app. In the day I want to use vision to access the web, email, etc. At night at home I use Bluetooth DUN. It would be nice if after a certain time it changes the network connection to Bluetooth automatically.
    -- Go to prefs/network/service and switch the drop down arrow from pcs vision to bluetooth.

I will continue to update every couple of days.

Cheers! and thanks for helping jeff in his beta!

-Ed
  8.    #68  
    If anything, it seems the new version may be even worse. .11b gives the beep and flips the system sound back on even while i'm sitting idle in ZLauncher.
    You are right. There are still issues. I will track them down tomorrow.

Jeff
  9.    #69  
    I think I have the problems with scheduling finally fixed. Please load up version 0.12b.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

I had an idea for a Palm app that I was going to use to get my feet with with Palm development, but it'd be much more at home in ScheduleCare. As far as I know, it hasn't been done already, but seems like it'd be pretty useful. In addition to calendar and manual based profile selection, how about location based switching with Bluetooth?

My desktop at home has a broadcasting Bluetooth USB adapter, and my laptop at work has the same. Being able to have Bluetooth based "at desk" or "at home" settings in addition to calendar entries like "in meeting" or "in class" would be pretty useful. In addition, those with Bluetooth car-kits could probably have an "in car" setting just the same.

Thoughts?

- Chris
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by clambert
    Hi Jeff,

I had an idea for a Palm app that I was going to use to get my feet with with Palm development, but it'd be much more at home in ScheduleCare. As far as I know, it hasn't been done already, but seems like it'd be pretty useful. In addition to calendar and manual based profile selection, how about location based switching with Bluetooth?

My desktop at home has a broadcasting Bluetooth USB adapter, and my laptop at work has the same. Being able to have Bluetooth based "at desk" or "at home" settings in addition to calendar entries like "in meeting" or "in class" would be pretty useful. In addition, those with Bluetooth car-kits could probably have an "in car" setting just the same.

Thoughts?

- Chris
    Great minds think a like. I have had plans to do this since november. Have the code created/working and just waiting to implement.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jeff
  12.    #72  
    New version is posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    New version is posted.
    I am going to download now. Is this the code that you spoke about for Bluetooth? If so then AWESOME! This is perfect as I have the same setup you mentioned.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandee2004
    I am going to download now. Is this the code that you spoke about for Bluetooth? If so then AWESOME! This is perfect as I have the same setup you mentioned.
    Several BT conversations above so I am not sure which you are refering to. If you want SC to automatically turn on/off BT then this release does that. If you are wanting BT location profiling, then this release does not do that yet. It is planned but it will be several release leveles from now.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff. I will check this out. Also I will await the BT features of auto on/off.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandee2004
    Thanks Jeff. I will check this out. Also I will await the BT features of auto on/off.
    Auto on/off are in the product right now. !scB0! or !scB1!

(there is *no* API for this process today so I have to bring up the GUI to actually do the on/off but hey it works!)

Jeff
    OK so where is eveyone? This is a great product but don't see any updates?? What Gives?
    its working fine for now, for me on a T600....waiting for more updates!!! Yeah, I just reviewed the version history, no issues for me for a while, but I have T600 and not T650 so BT wasn't a problem.
    Last edited by 100thMonkey; 01/12/2005 at 07:47 PM.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey Jeff....
    Have you started on the UI yet?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    its working fine for now, for me on a T600....waiting for more updates!!! Yeah, I just reviewed the version history, no issues for me for a while, but I have T600 and not T650 so BT wasn't a problem.
    That sounds great! So no issues, crashes, wierd behavior?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast